Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your response if your spouse or significant other claimed a lottery jackpot without you?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2009, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

After reading the story of Donald Damon who claimed the 96.6 million dollar Powerball jackpot without his wife by his side, I started thinking how I would feel if I was left out of the loop like the wife was. http://www.lotterypost.com/news/203668/1460758

So now I will pose the question to the good people here at Lottery Post.

If your spouse or significant other won a major lottery jackpot and went and claimed the winnings without you, how would you feel and what would be your reaction and why?

United States
    Member #54390
    August 17, 2007
    313 Posts
    Posted: November 16, 2009, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Here's what I'll do:

Have a kid while having low income- Get Government food stamps and welfare

Go to Burger king and buy tons of food off of the dollar menu

Get Obese and apply for disability-more money from government

There, I'm all set. God Bless the USA LOL.

Monkey Butt, USA
      United States
      Member #54569
      August 23, 2007
      1124 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2009, 11:26 am - IP Logged

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA U-R-2 funny SmoothJuice!!!!!!! LOLROFL

pepper1's avatar - batman38
        hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

After reading the story of Donald Damon who claimed the 96.6 million dollar Powerball jackpot without his wife by his side, I started thinking how I would feel if I was left out of the loop like the wife was. http://www.lotterypost.com/news/203668/1460758

If your spouse or significant other won a major lottery jackpot and went and claimed the winnings without you, how would you feel and what would be your reaction and why?

I would not care, because i going to get mind married are unmarriage. What got me was when he said he

was going to take his grandson to vegas.

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I've told my husband many times, when I win the big jackpot, I am not taking him to the office to claim the prize.

He always says, "I don't care, because, by law, I have a right to half of the win.....Thud

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2009, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Once the paperwork was completed at the Great Bend office, Damon called his wife Kathleen at work and told her she should come home.

So what, I don't see any big deal that he took care of the formality of the paperwork without her being there! Whoopee, besides he's the one who bought the $1 dollar qp ticket in the first place, now wasn't he! 

But if you look at the picture she's there holding the check with him, now isn't she! So in the LONG RUN she wasn't left out completely, now was she! NOPE!

So I don't see any problem in the least with what he did!

It doesn't matter who goes and claims the jackpot, just as long as the jackpot gets claimed!

If I bought my tickets with my money and I won, I'll go claim the winnings by myself if I wish too! 

And if my girlfriend bought her tickets with her money and won, she can go and claim the winnings by herself if she so wishes too!

And to save face here, we both live under the same roof and have a child together. But we have separate bank accounts and we split all of the household bills!

That's what I Truly call FREEDOM in AMERICA!

PartyUS Flag

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2009, 1:21 am - IP Logged

She's just acting like the IRS, never there when you're buying the ticket but always there with a hand out if you win. I bet she's told him many times how dumb it was to waste his money on a pipe dream like the lottery too. I had a couple of wives like that.  Thank God and Greyhound they're gone. The new one's a lot better. Makes fried chicken a lot better too. I like fried chicken. She only gets that look when I commence to lookin at other wimmin. Which I don't.

So it wouldn't bother me none if she went and got it by her lone self no how.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

pepper1's avatar - batman38
                hotatlanta
                United States
                Member #70664
                February 8, 2009
                1446 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2009, 9:04 am - IP Logged

I've told my husband many times, when I win the big jackpot, I am not taking him to the office to claim the prize.

He always says, "I don't care, because, by law, I have a right to half of the win.....Thud

Your husband is a smart man. That what mind say also. bring home the bacon

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2009, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

I buy the tickets, she reaps the rewards when i win. I will turn the ticket in as a trust we will pick up the big check together, have a party, move all personal belongings to the new place and take a much deserved vacation.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #57222
                    December 23, 2007
                    587 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2009, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't care because I live in California and I get half anyway.   That way I don't have to call in sick from work.  My husband can do the work and I get the cash!!!!  ehehehhahahehheh

NO seriously,  Im' the one that plays the lottery and it will probably be the other way around.  He  knows  what's mine is his.  He will just come home from work with a notice a Dodge Charger in the garage with a big red bow on the top and notice that the next month's mortgage statement will have a negative balance on it after only 5 years.

yeah  waiting for that day!

Monkey Butt, USA
                      United States
                      Member #54569
                      August 23, 2007
                      1124 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2009, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Please-Please-Please

Keep the responses comming. I can't stop laughing!!!! Y'all are so funny. I am so glad that I am not reading these responses in a public place right now. Because if I was they would throw me out on my butt!!!!

LOL

sweetnae68's avatar - batman38
                        Arkansas
                        United States
                        Member #74229
                        May 5, 2009
                        385 Posts
                        Posted: November 17, 2009, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I could care less if he claimed it because at the end of the day, A sista gonna get half because I got 20 years in it that tells me so........Lol.

$weetnae68

"In 2 Win!!!"

Monkey Butt, USA
                          United States
                          Member #54569
                          August 23, 2007
                          1124 Posts
                          Posted: November 17, 2009, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I could care less if he claimed it because at the end of the day, A sista gonna get half because I got 20 years in it that tells me so........Lol.

Question-Question

Would it be ok with you if he chose to take the cash value instead of going on the payment plan?

I always say what is yours is half mine and what is mine is all mine. This statement ususally cracks my household up when I go into "MY WORD IS LAW" mode. Since I usually end up purchasing things that benefit the whole household including the retarded dog.

LOL

Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #79361
                            August 30, 2009
                            93 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2009, 9:18 am - IP Logged

If I won the jackpot, I wouldn't even tell her.

I would go to the branch office, fill out the paperwork and tell no one.

Get the check and pay off debts.

Since I file taxes online I don't need her signature on the tax forms.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2009, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

If I won the jackpot, I wouldn't even tell her.

I would go to the branch office, fill out the paperwork and tell no one.

Get the check and pay off debts.

Since I file taxes online I don't need her signature on the tax forms.

'til lotto win do us part'   

I now pronounce you man and wife ( until he hits the  lotto) hehehehehahahehehah