Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoArchitect's review.

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 7 years ago by lottoarchitect.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2009, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Well, after al these years, I just took a look at LottoArchitect.

It is completely user unfriendly.

Setting-up a lottery game for it and putting the draws in wasn't too hard, just a little, but can be done.

Using the Hot-Cold system was not too hard.

But the hot-cold prediction system is not very good at predicting combos.

And you have to use the wheels that the program has, making your own wheels is not well explained and could take for ever to make some of them.

The program's help file has very little information about many thing such as using filters, like rejection filters, it is very unfriendly and does not have the needed info that a person would need in other to use the program's filters, as you all might know I know 1 or 2 things about filters, yet at this point I can't understand how to use that programs filters, there is not the needed detailed documentation, the peogram mostly says "Here they are and now you are on your own" only the person who made the program would understand how to use the filters and other things that it has"

When it come to using filters, it would b emuch better to use a filtered wheeler, LottoArchitect does not really have a proper user interface, it is more like a command line program kind of, almost like many DOS programs are or worse.

We my help about 4 kinds of filtered wheelers have been made, yet this program is very complicated and hasn't the needed documentation for its proper use.

A person would have to use just the hot-Cold system, which as I said is not very good.

The use of rejection filters was made so hard to understand, that I can't make anything out of it.

I guess that I would have to go to that site's forum and see if there is more info on its use there.

Looks af if the program was made to be used only by the person who made it and so no detailed documentation was needed for him to use it.

What a waste of what my be a nice program.

As for trying to make your own filters with it, that is much worse, maybe a person would need to be a programer and or mathematician in order to do that.

I don't recomend that program, maybe only to programers and or those who know a lot of Math.

I only set it for pick 3 games, I don't know how it would look for jackpot kind of games, maybe abou the same.

I do know that some relatively few people have been able to understand some more of its use, it might have taken them lots of time and they are probably very few of them.

I could not even find out how to save the tickets-combos made by the Hot-Cold system, the program seems to only have a print function.

There must be a way, I guess.

I could not find any detailed step by step examples for anything, just mostly general information, with no real details.

Even trying to print the tickets might be very hard, I didn't even find a way of printing the generated combos of the hot cold system.

I took a look at the help file, but I didn't understand it, at least not much of it, just very little, I don't even know if it is possible to just print the generated combos if you don't want them printed on the betslips, I don't even know how to save the generated combos as evrything was made very hrad to understand and use.

Well, that is all for this.

It is only my own review of the program, others might do better with it.

I didn't even uderstand how to use the "Calculations" with the Hot-Cold-Due system.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2009, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

The Hot-Cold-Due prediction mode is really much better than quick picks, not great, but much better, at the very least 2 times better, and even if so far I can't neither save nor print the combinations getting those combinations is easy, the problem is typing them onto Notepad, that is some work.

For those that just play quick picks any way and can't predict too good too often, then the Hot-Cold-Due prediction method might be one of the things to try as the program is "DonatWare" more or less free or free we might say.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
      Member #48046
      December 7, 2006
      1699 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2009, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the Review

I know your pretty good at checking in to stuff like that.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2009, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the Review

I know your pretty good at checking in to stuff like that.

Thanks, as a very few people appear to make better use of it and or a good portion of the program, it is not impossible to understand how to use more of it, but for very many people or for most of them, it might be either very hard or not possible.

I think that maybe there are fewer than 10 people who can make almost full use of it and maybe fewer than 6 who can make full use, that is just a guess and not based on facts.

The program and the documentation could have been made more user friendly even if maybe then the program might had to be made a little more limited on its use, at least then people would be able to use more than just the Hot-Due-System.

As it is, maybe most people who want to use filters have to instead use one of the several filtered wheelers that are out there.

Better to have limited filtering than no filters at all.

I could not even understand how to use even just one filter on LottoArchitect, didn't even understand how to save the combos generated by the Hot-Cold-Due system so I could then print them and I don't mean on playslips bu tjust print them by themselves on a paper.

Even the little things are very hard or not possible to do with LottoArchitect.

It was made for use by Anastasios and so he might be the only one who can fully use it 100%.

I probably right now can't even use 10% of it, maybe not even 5%.

I myself have invented filters and developed prediction methods and have helped make filtered wheelers, yet can't use much of that program at all.

I very much understand what filters are, how they are created and why and how they are used, yet I don't understand anything about them on that  program, can't even understand how to set it up to at least use one of them.

I could not even understand how to use the calculations together with the Hot-Cold-Due system.

If it was Chinese it might just be a little worse.

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2009, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, as a very few people appear to make better use of it and or a good portion of the program, it is not impossible to understand how to use more of it, but for very many people or for most of them, it might be either very hard or not possible.

I think that maybe there are fewer than 10 people who can make almost full use of it and maybe fewer than 6 who can make full use, that is just a guess and not based on facts.

The program and the documentation could have been made more user friendly even if maybe then the program might had to be made a little more limited on its use, at least then people would be able to use more than just the Hot-Due-System.

As it is, maybe most people who want to use filters have to instead use one of the several filtered wheelers that are out there.

Better to have limited filtering than no filters at all.

I could not even understand how to use even just one filter on LottoArchitect, didn't even understand how to save the combos generated by the Hot-Cold-Due system so I could then print them and I don't mean on playslips bu tjust print them by themselves on a paper.

Even the little things are very hard or not possible to do with LottoArchitect.

It was made for use by Anastasios and so he might be the only one who can fully use it 100%.

I probably right now can't even use 10% of it, maybe not even 5%.

I myself have invented filters and developed prediction methods and have helped make filtered wheelers, yet can't use much of that program at all.

I very much understand what filters are, how they are created and why and how they are used, yet I don't understand anything about them on that  program, can't even understand how to set it up to at least use one of them.

I could not even understand how to use the calculations together with the Hot-Cold-Due system.

If it was Chinese it might just be a little worse.

Even so. 26 times with 84 boxed combos on 60 past draws is not bad, it still beats random expectation, it is better than quick picks.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2009, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

These things are relative and flex-able depends on amount of combinations played, for how long, for which games, if boxed and or straight.

It is possible to maybe do much better with the right combinations of factors, maybe even make a profit perhaps.

No questions about it, it is better than quick picks, no matter with factors are combined and used, even with just the Hot-Cold-Due system used as it is the only one that I can use at this point in time.

Cause I just did some more testing, there was a profit at one time with some particular factors used.

This was backtesting on 60 past draws.

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2009, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Thank you for the review.

I also am peeved by software written by the programmer, for the programmer with no clues or examples of how to use it, same for systems poorly documented. As a beta tester I can tell quickly what needs to be improved before release. 

Pitfall: One needs the intuition of the programmer and that requires trying to figure out how and why a feature is designed. Professional software has the same pitfalls in degrees, so it seems intuition is something not frequently packaged. Screen shots are often advertised for eye candy but again are meaningless except to display how pretty it is. Features advertised are rarely what one expects and a few lines of copy to promote a product are vague at best. Maybe there is a reason for being vague, but that dog don't hunt here.

I think I was looking around at software products and somehow took a tangent that put me here at LP.

Being a consortium of players and methods that are not only interesting but functional was a big draw for me. It's nice to be able to kick the tires a little and the software and resources here were well communicated. Some could be better communicated, but oversimplification on how a tool is used is a programmers pitfall. I wish there was a universal usage of terms because a number and a digit are not equal. Teach by example.

Want to sell more software? A tip to any software makers that have invested many hours in product development:

If it works, please explain how you use it and why. Take your customer down the path of your reasoning and teach them. Trying to figure out your mindset and logical thinking process to use the software need not be a challenge to the end user. It makes a true evaluation of the product impossible and you should not be insulted for your poor communication skills. A customer should not have to dig for understanding and should be out of the knee of the curve with good instruction in one week or less.

Nobody likes to buy a pig in a poke,..... even if there is a guarantee there is lipstick on the pig.

Thanks for the insight Lantern, keep us posted what you find.

DD

PlraX's avatar - large flag_of_dominican_republic.gif
                Deeping in Ramdoness
                Dominican Republic
                Member #73824
                April 25, 2009
                238 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2009, 8:42 am - IP Logged

i AGREE whit yoU Lattern MAYBE lottoarchitect is a powerfull software but is not firendly interface.. maybe programes must release aother version more friendly to user.. a LATTERN you are a expereienced user for many years what software are the best software or more staticatl software that you know here are my OWN list THAT FOR ME are the best i use until now

1.LOTWIN line builder

2.Experlotto .. VERY GOOD VERY GOOD

------------------------

3.LOTTOPRO

the 1st 2 software are similars.. have a lot of filters and tools.. the 3 one is just like any other .. but i like!

i will get MY COUNTRY jackpot..

THE SMARTER PEOPLE ...are succesfull, person

United States
                  Member #68002
                  December 10, 2008
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2009, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I have a copy of LottoArchitect and I think it has a lot of potential not in predicting numbers for wheeling but  in other ways. I select my own group of numbers too wheel and I believe this software has some pretty good filtering methods that are quite capable of producing a winning jackpot as long as the user is able too use the software effectively and efficiently. My other favorite programs are Expert Lotto,LottWin 2009,Lotto Aim,Lottery Director,LottoWhiz Pro and LottoMania2005.

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2009, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Even so. 26 times with 84 boxed combos on 60 past draws is not bad, it still beats random expectation, it is better than quick picks.

I had made a mistake on the amounts there, like maybe about $1300, because many wins were doubles and 1 win was a triple which pays $500.

So the loses were much lower than that.

Since then, I did more testing with past draws, that is, the program checks the past draws and sees how it does, with the right wheel, betting style and right setting of the Hot-Cold-Due prediction system, I had the program check the last 100 draws and with that wheel and settings the backtesting that the program did on those 100 past draws showed a very great profit.

It appears as if it only happens with the right wheel and settings of the Hot-Cold- Due Predictor.

---------------------------

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2009, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for the review.

I also am peeved by software written by the programmer, for the programmer with no clues or examples of how to use it, same for systems poorly documented. As a beta tester I can tell quickly what needs to be improved before release. 

Pitfall: One needs the intuition of the programmer and that requires trying to figure out how and why a feature is designed. Professional software has the same pitfalls in degrees, so it seems intuition is something not frequently packaged. Screen shots are often advertised for eye candy but again are meaningless except to display how pretty it is. Features advertised are rarely what one expects and a few lines of copy to promote a product are vague at best. Maybe there is a reason for being vague, but that dog don't hunt here.

I think I was looking around at software products and somehow took a tangent that put me here at LP.

Being a consortium of players and methods that are not only interesting but functional was a big draw for me. It's nice to be able to kick the tires a little and the software and resources here were well communicated. Some could be better communicated, but oversimplification on how a tool is used is a programmers pitfall. I wish there was a universal usage of terms because a number and a digit are not equal. Teach by example.

Want to sell more software? A tip to any software makers that have invested many hours in product development:

If it works, please explain how you use it and why. Take your customer down the path of your reasoning and teach them. Trying to figure out your mindset and logical thinking process to use the software need not be a challenge to the end user. It makes a true evaluation of the product impossible and you should not be insulted for your poor communication skills. A customer should not have to dig for understanding and should be out of the knee of the curve with good instruction in one week or less.

Nobody likes to buy a pig in a poke,..... even if there is a guarantee there is lipstick on the pig.

Thanks for the insight Lantern, keep us posted what you find.

DD

Thanks much for your post!

You are right, but now the program is "DonatWare" and it does have documentation, it is just not detailed enough and I didn't see detailed step by step examples, the program being so complicated to use it needs very many detailed step by step examples.

Some people say that it is a very good program, but I guess that you need to understand how to use it to know that.

But I bet that only Anastasios can make full use of it,  the rest  might know more or less about it, but can't make full use of it.

But knowing how to make the program do what you want is not enough, if you don't know how to make it give you winning numbers.

For example, a lot of people know how to use filtered wheelers, that is, what the options do, but not many know how to make them give good predictions.

I am not of course asking how to use it to win, just about the mechanics of how to use the program.

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2009, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

i AGREE whit yoU Lattern MAYBE lottoarchitect is a powerfull software but is not firendly interface.. maybe programes must release aother version more friendly to user.. a LATTERN you are a expereienced user for many years what software are the best software or more staticatl software that you know here are my OWN list THAT FOR ME are the best i use until now

1.LOTWIN line builder

2.Experlotto .. VERY GOOD VERY GOOD

------------------------

3.LOTTOPRO

the 1st 2 software are similars.. have a lot of filters and tools.. the 3 one is just like any other .. but i like!

I have not used most JackPot games software, not even all pick 3 and 4 softwares either.

But I have tried a few pick 3 programs, I myself like best not programs that make predictions, but filtered wheelers and programs that give stats, but mostly filtered wheelers even by themselves, years ago when I was learning how to make pick 3 predictions, I didn't do too bad just with filtered wheelers and without any program giving me stats.

Even if those filtered wheelers had and still have too many limitations, you can only do so much with them, the tools are too limited, it is very much worse with pick 4 and with jackpot games wheelers, as little as the pick 3 wheelers have, they are much more complete than the others.

I like 2 pick 3 wheelers best, but it is best that I don't mention them here, I have talked about them before on many other threads.

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I have a copy of LottoArchitect and I think it has a lot of potential not in predicting numbers for wheeling but  in other ways. I select my own group of numbers too wheel and I believe this software has some pretty good filtering methods that are quite capable of producing a winning jackpot as long as the user is able too use the software effectively and efficiently. My other favorite programs are Expert Lotto,LottWin 2009,Lotto Aim,Lottery Director,LottoWhiz Pro and LottoMania2005.

Yes, filter software is great, if it has the right filters, many of them and the right stats and also many of those.

But of no use at all, unless a person knows how to use them, I don't know what LottoArchitect has or not, until I learn how to use it.

Once I know, then I will also know if it is good enough for me or not.

I myself for the most part care about filters and little about anything else, but I don't care about just any filter, only about those that I see that are best for me to use.

While I like best a proper user interface, I do see an advantage in a sort of command line filtration system, such as Mike uses, but that one seems to be a lot easier to understand and use than whatever LottoArchitect has.

So I am not new to command line filtration tools.

I like Mike's wheelers very much.

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2009, 12:02 am - IP Logged

While it is not possible for most people to do this , I guess, It would be best that a predictor also becomes a lottery programer, because only a person himself knows what he or she needs in other to win.

Others will code whatever themselves want, but it might not be what a particular person wants and or needs.

There is a saying that if you want something done right to do it yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2009, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Familiarity with lottery programs can sometime breed contempt.  After the excitement of using them for a while expecting spectacular results, reality sets in and you realize they are only tools.  Programs don't have the intelligent to made decisions or come up with strategies for winning a lottery, that's up to the players.  Programmers can only put in their programs routines that they think are useful and attractive to the players who are most likely to buy their product.  Most lottery programs allow you to record previous drawings and examine them, the more costly ones include a bunch of fancy charts and graphs but unless you have a strategy for using the information it can't help you.

Even programs written by players for themselves have the same limitations but instead of getting frustrated, players who write their own programs can add or change a routine and get all excited again for a while.  For them tweaking their programs is as much fun as playing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking