Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoArchitect's review.

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 7 years ago by lottoarchitect.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
sask.
Canada
Member #2713
November 6, 2003
35 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2009, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I Hope this falls under this thread,I have a question,The programs that have been mentioned and some of the high filutin prorams that haven't ie Gail howard ect,What program languages are they written in?I'm guessing that they maybe all different.

I'm not a programer but always have been interested which languages are used?

Thanks in advance for a reply

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2009, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Familiarity with lottery programs can sometime breed contempt.  After the excitement of using them for a while expecting spectacular results, reality sets in and you realize they are only tools.  Programs don't have the intelligent to made decisions or come up with strategies for winning a lottery, that's up to the players.  Programmers can only put in their programs routines that they think are useful and attractive to the players who are most likely to buy their product.  Most lottery programs allow you to record previous drawings and examine them, the more costly ones include a bunch of fancy charts and graphs but unless you have a strategy for using the information it can't help you.

Even programs written by players for themselves have the same limitations but instead of getting frustrated, players who write their own programs can add or change a routine and get all excited again for a while.  For them tweaking their programs is as much fun as playing.

Quite true!

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2009, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I Hope this falls under this thread,I have a question,The programs that have been mentioned and some of the high filutin prorams that haven't ie Gail howard ect,What program languages are they written in?I'm guessing that they maybe all different.

I know not, not the same for all of them, of course.

Expert Lotto seems to be on "Java"

LottoArchitect, maybe some kind of Visual basic net or even Delphi, but probably a kind of Visual Basic by Microsoft.

-----------

The others, maybe some kind of visual basic or C or Delphi, But I don't know.

Mike's programs probably Java.

Ricky's maybe a kind of Visual Basic or Delphi.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2009, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

You want to program?

Why not try the free Phyton, or even Lazarus

They are free.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
          Member #2815
          November 18, 2003
          502 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2009, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Well Lantern, Lotto Architect is written in Delphi.

As for the workings of the program, it may be hard to understand because it works completely different to other software, so you have to grasp the new logic it introduces. The logic is universal as much as possible. What I mean by that? As an example, for the filters part, all filters are treated the same way, so as long as you know how to setup a filter and use it, you automatically know how to setup all the included 700+ filters available. Among those filters are some very advanced (those mentioned as [c]-xxx) which bring filtering to a new level. So, the simple question is: how to setup and use a filter.

1) Open the rejection filters window. At the left pick the filter category you want to use. When you pick a category, the display changes and the grid shows various filters related to that category. For example, if you select "sums", the grid will display in its columns the various available sum filters. What each filter is and works can be found at the help file. So, by picking "sums" on the top-left, let's assume you want to setup the "total sum" filter. This filter is reflected at the 1st column in the grid (says Total on top). The other columns as already mentioned reflect other types of sums, which you can use of course if you want.

2) In order to set the filter to your liking (do it manually), you have to set at the left "algorithm selection=custom/user" and table formation = Yes/No. Only in this mode (custom/user & Yes/No), you are allowed to change the settings of a filter. The other modes (algorithms) do this automatically for you. A backtesting is also available for those algorithms so to have an idea how well an algorithm performs in rejecting values, so to use it instead of doing this by yourself. So, once in custom/user mode, just click on the grid and set the 1st column to your liking. The values at the left reflect the sum. You set a cell to Yes/No meaning accept/reject that sum during filtering. You can quickly setup a range too: select the range and right-click and select "set selected range to> ...". Other options are available by right-clicking which can assist you in the setup too. The help file also explains all these and how to use them.

3) Once you have prepared your filter, you have to save it so to be used. Just have a highlighted cell in the 1st column (this tells the program that you want to create the filter of the 1st column), and click at the left-bottom "create". If you select more than one column, the program will succesivelly create all the filters highlighed. Also note the session number which by default is 1, which means the filter will be saved in session 1. Sessions are a way to organize your filters so to be applied in one step. So, by clicking create, you enter a name for the filter(s) and you have finally created it. So to actually verify it has been created, just open the rejection manager window and you should see in session 1 the created filter with a green cirle next to it (which means it is active).

4) Time to use this filter. Rejection filters are involved at stage 3 calculations, so open stage 3 calculations, pick the session 1 you have created the filter in (it should be picked by default) and click calculate. By default, Lotto Architect filters down from the whole possible tickets available. If you have saved a ticket listing at a previous calculation stage, you can use that instead. Finally, if you feel happy with the filtering process, you have to save the outcome in a ticket listing. Since you are at stage 3 calculations, you can save it as a "rejection filters" ticket listing (click save tickets to do so).

So, the next time you'll open a calculation window (stage 2 & 3 only, stage 1 is called a generator stage and it doesn't have ticket listings as inputs), you can continue filtering down from the previously saved ticket listing. This is all needed to use a filter.

For every other filter, the process is exactly the same. Keep in mind that you can filter at once with all the active filters (having a green circle) which reside in one session in one step. This is what sessions do.

cheers

lottoarchitect

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

United States
            Member #68002
            December 10, 2008
            477 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2009, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

I will admit the program does look very intimidating at first glance I had trouble creating a new lottery file so I asked for the instructions and "LottoArchitect" provided them so now I can very easily create a new lottery game file.As for the wheeling and filtering all you need too do is seriously study the helpfile on that. I have many programs some I thought were useless until I took the time too really study how things work.Now I use them all the time,LottoArchitect could probalby use some modifications in the user feature department but after looking over the manual I realise that it is possible too make this program work for me.I also have a ciopy of another very complicated program "Expert Lotto" it's a <snip> good program but it could use some friendly modifications as well that one is more complicted then LottoArchitect in my opinion.I will have too take some serious down time too learn the ins and outs of that one.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2009, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like Lotto Architect is designed for the players who have a playing strategy and spend time defining exactly the parameters of the combinations they want.  Problem is most players aren't like that, they want software that does that and wins.  They want to play a game with overall odds of 1:50 and have 10% of their tickets win something, they want to break even or make a profit every time they play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #68002
                December 10, 2008
                477 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2009, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Sorry about that Todd I didn't realise I made an inappropriate comment I'll make sure I pay closer attention next time

United States
                  Member #68002
                  December 10, 2008
                  477 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2009, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

You and I know that's not really possible but unfortunatley it's true lottery software was never created too make anyone rich if that was possible the software developers would be winning consistantyly with there own product.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23262 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2009, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I have not used most JackPot games software, not even all pick 3 and 4 softwares either.

But I have tried a few pick 3 programs, I myself like best not programs that make predictions, but filtered wheelers and programs that give stats, but mostly filtered wheelers even by themselves, years ago when I was learning how to make pick 3 predictions, I didn't do too bad just with filtered wheelers and without any program giving me stats.

Even if those filtered wheelers had and still have too many limitations, you can only do so much with them, the tools are too limited, it is very much worse with pick 4 and with jackpot games wheelers, as little as the pick 3 wheelers have, they are much more complete than the others.

I like 2 pick 3 wheelers best, but it is best that I don't mention them here, I have talked about them before on many other threads.

For Pick 3 wheeling software, you should use the new Lottery Post Pick 3 and Pick 4 Positional Wheel Generator.  It's not only easy to use, but offers some of the most complete and flexible filtering around.

http://www.lotterypost.com/wheel-positional-34.aspx

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23262 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2009, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Familiarity with lottery programs can sometime breed contempt.  After the excitement of using them for a while expecting spectacular results, reality sets in and you realize they are only tools.  Programs don't have the intelligent to made decisions or come up with strategies for winning a lottery, that's up to the players.  Programmers can only put in their programs routines that they think are useful and attractive to the players who are most likely to buy their product.  Most lottery programs allow you to record previous drawings and examine them, the more costly ones include a bunch of fancy charts and graphs but unless you have a strategy for using the information it can't help you.

Even programs written by players for themselves have the same limitations but instead of getting frustrated, players who write their own programs can add or change a routine and get all excited again for a while.  For them tweaking their programs is as much fun as playing.

Could not agree more. 

For the reasons you mention, when people ask me what lottery software they should get, my reply is "Microsoft Excel".  It is a lottery player's best friend, and great for beginners and experts alike.

Also, for this same reason, most of the Platinum-level features available at Lottery Post are not systems -- they are flexible, powerful tools that can answer questions about numbers and generate and filter number sets.  They are also fed by perhaps the most extensive online database of lottery results and predictions available in the world.

I also have a preference for web-based tools, like those found at Lottery Post, because I can keep them maintained and updated with the latest data for everyone with no effort on the users' part.  When you install someone else's software on your PC, it is up to you to keep it loaded with fresh data, and you need to keep on top of software updates -- if the author even offers them.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

paurths's avatar - underground
                        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                        Belgium
                        Member #19287
                        July 29, 2005
                        2254 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2009, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Could not agree more. 

For the reasons you mention, when people ask me what lottery software they should get, my reply is "Microsoft Excel".  It is a lottery player's best friend, and great for beginners and experts alike.

Also, for this same reason, most of the Platinum-level features available at Lottery Post are not systems -- they are flexible, powerful tools that can answer questions about numbers and generate and filter number sets.  They are also fed by perhaps the most extensive online database of lottery results and predictions available in the world.

I also have a preference for web-based tools, like those found at Lottery Post, because I can keep them maintained and updated with the latest data for everyone with no effort on the users' part.  When you install someone else's software on your PC, it is up to you to keep it loaded with fresh data, and you need to keep on top of software updates -- if the author even offers them.

Concerning the "Microsoft Excel"; the problem with some people is that when they use or buy 'lottery software', they believe that it should spit out the winning numbers (if not each and every time, then at least 50%)

The thing is, i have never heard of anyone complaining with Microsoft concerning (e.g.) Excel, Word, Access, ... name it, for the following reason: no one expects that when they launch MS Word the program will write their autobiography on its own, for an examples sake. Nor does anyone expect when launching Excel that the program will throw up a workbook filled with future stock prices.

Yet some have written books using MS Word.
                        The thing is, and this seems so darn hard to understand for some people, is that in this case MS Word was the tool used to accomplish a goal.

Sure, the writer could have used pencil and paper, but it would have taken more time and paper when correcting stuff, ... i don't know, there are like a million reasons.

One could calculate everything with pen and paper, but the one using Excel will get the job done a thousand times faster than the one using his pen and paper.

As for lottery software, there must be like a zillion strategies out there. The software is just a tool that provides the statistics of a state in a split second.
                        That's the hard part for some to understand, in the end, the finishing product (letter, spreadsheet, numbers to play) is the result of ones inventivity.
                        People who lack that are those that launch MS Word a million times, and they will still be going like "what the h.eck???", when still MS Word has not produced their biography...

cheers
                        Ricky

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
                          Member #69169
                          January 5, 2009
                          2122 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2009, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

People have to stop looking for the easy way out and put in some work to see results. I am at least 6 times better than when I first started and still have to improve. People need to find something thats consistent and stick with it.

"Many Strategies|One Game"

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                            Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4053 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2009, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I started out with paper/pencil for workouts and tracking, then added Word to make searching results quicker than flipping pages.  I still manually track several states to keep up with what's running and what's on the board. That way you can see the patterns as they happen, rather than going back and comparing.  You're know what numbers have hit 5 or 6 states like 366 and 850 combos did.

Then I went to Excel.   Then I had my main workout programmed and added to a commercial software.  Then I added different tools (mine) to see the results I wanted.  All of this happened in a period of 14 years.

So it's a process.  But the entire time, I had several systems but just wanted to tweak them, save time.  Paid off big time.  Programs are only tools that give information.  You have to know what to do with the information you get to hit the number.

takeemtothebank

United States
                              Member #68002
                              December 10, 2008
                              477 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2009, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

"TENAJ"

Exactly I wouldn't be able too play the games if it wasn't for lottery software back in the day I used paper/pencil strategies I but never won anything but when I started using software I was able too hit 3/4 in the Pick-5,straight in Pick-3 and boxed Pick-4. If users don't have a clue what too do with the software then it's just a waste of time/money plus you have too know which programs aer worth purchasing