Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Pick or ?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pick4hawk.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Is it a Quick Pick or not?

It's a QP, I didn't choose the numbers. [ 12 ]  [31.58%]
The lottery oesn't consdier it a QP, me either. [ 2 ]  [5.26%]
Filled out playslips are not QPs. [ 15 ]  [39.47%]
I love those lucky scales! [ 1 ]  [2.63%]
Once given to me, they are MY numbers! [ 2 ]  [5.26%]
If I got them "elsewhere", it's still a QP. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
What's Pumpi say? [ 3 ]  [7.89%]
What about Georgia's combos? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Madame Zelda always channels my QPs to me. [ 1 ]  [2.63%]
Other [ 2 ]  [5.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2009, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Let's have some fun.

I'm putting this in discussion because it's not game-specific, it's for all number games.

Let's say you get your numbers from a RNG other than the lottery outlet. Maybe you click on Quick Picks here on LP, maybe you have a RNG, maybe you get your numbers from a Lucky Number Weight & Fortune scale in a mall.

Is that a quick pick or not?

Since we don't do multiple answers, pick what you think is the best answer.

Have fun.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5600 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2009, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Had to think about this for a minute. I think if you fill out playslips they are not really QP's. If you get your numbers from a RNG like on LP, you still can accept or reject what comes up. When you get a QP when buying your tics, you are stuck with them.

I almost voted "what would Pumpi say". LOL.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2009, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! In my opinion, if you fill out your numbers on a playslip, no matter where you got your numbers from, then, it isn't a quick pick. Yeah, you may have gotten some quick pick numbers from another source, but I don't see it as being a true quick pick. Plus, it won't say "quick pick" on your tickets.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2009, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for replying.

i know this is strictly an opinion thing, and on any lottery's results listings if it hit it wouldn't be listed as a qP as it was not a QP issued by the lottery, but I can see someone saying something like this;

"Well it was a quick pick, I just didn't let the lotto machine pick the numbers, I got them from _ _ _ _ _".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
          Pittsburg, Ks
          United States
          Member #3382
          January 17, 2004
          80884 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2009, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I play P3 using NC's The Box and I QP 2by2 using the multi draw so I can get a chance at the $44,000

God Bless America

US Flag

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49758 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2009, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

What is a Quick Pick: It's Combination Generated by a Random Number Generator whose Output You have No Control Over.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5121 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2009, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Let's have some fun.

I'm putting this in discussion because it's not game-specific, it's for all number games.

Let's say you get your numbers from a RNG other than the lottery outlet. Maybe you click on Quick Picks here on LP, maybe you have a RNG, maybe you get your numbers from a Lucky Number Weight & Fortune scale in a mall.

Is that a quick pick or not?

Since we don't do multiple answers, pick what you think is the best answer.

Have fun.

PSYKO voted 222222222222 discard VOTE:

UR total pole I$ aimed @ PUR people HOPP'ggggggggg 4444444444JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UR a trusted member of this LP site>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> explain or HELP>>> LP player'sssss^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKOMOJack-in-the-Box

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2009, 2:46 am - IP Logged

I always fill out a play slip with numbers picked randomly within parameters I set using an RNG program that I wrote.  They are randomly picked but I decide which ones to play so they're not QPs.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2009, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I chose *What's Pumpi Think* mainly because dadgum it, I like Pumpi. If there's ever a chance to get his perspective on anything, I wanna hear it. His response will invariably contain references to things like midgets or sex slaves and that always makes the dialogue more interesting. I'm half nuts myself and birds of a feather, well you know...

I'd be proud to take Pumpi out honky tonkin' in these East Tennessee hills and do some hootin' and hollerin' and maybe get in a good old fashioned East Tennessee bar room brawl. I don't know if it's legal to bring his sex slaves with him though. I'll have to check with Immigration or something.

Aside from that, I consider all numbers from various sources with the same veracity as Quick Picks. Not "My Numbers" though! Those are "My Numbers" that I play all the time on all jackpot games along with a line of QP's usually from the lottery terminal.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: December 22, 2009, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

In Florida an official Quick Pick is one selected by the lottery terminal and there is a (QP) printed next to the combinations so you can't later claim to have picked it by any other magical mystical method.

The Florida Lottery allows players to select between one and all but one of the numbers and Quick Pick the remainder.   I don't do this, so I can't say what they tag those combinations as.

An unofficial quick pick would be a random selection by any other means. 

I would like to see a weighted randomizer that gives slightly greater weight to numbers drawn more often.   Why?  Why not? 

BobP

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #70678
                      February 8, 2009
                      889 Posts
                      Posted: December 22, 2009, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

I think Coin Toss has WAY too much time on his hands lately! LOL

Although this isn't how I would choose my numbers  I don't consider this a QP because like someone else mentioned you can always change the numbers. At least that's a good thing!

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7310 Posts
                        Posted: December 23, 2009, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! In my opinion, if you fill out your numbers on a playslip, no matter where you got your numbers from, then, it isn't a quick pick. Yeah, you may have gotten some quick pick numbers from another source, but I don't see it as being a true quick pick. Plus, it won't say "quick pick" on your tickets.

"In my opinion, if you fill out your numbers on a playslip, no matter where you got your numbers from, then, it isn't a quick pick."

One of the options on play slips is "quick pick".

It sounds like you're saying if I check the "quick pick" box on the play slips "it isn't a "quick pick". If it's not a "quick pick" what is it?

Hiding Behind Computer

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: December 23, 2009, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

"In my opinion, if you fill out your numbers on a playslip, no matter where you got your numbers from, then, it isn't a quick pick."

One of the options on play slips is "quick pick".

It sounds like you're saying if I check the "quick pick" box on the play slips "it isn't a "quick pick". If it's not a "quick pick" what is it?

Hiding Behind Computer

I am saying, if you fill out numbers in the playslip, it isn't a quick pick. If you choose quick pick on the playslip, it's obviously a quick pick.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: December 23, 2009, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

If you ask for a QP, or fill out a slip and check QP, as ThatScaryChick said, it's a quick pick.

Either way, that ticket will be marked QP, In Illinois, it's right after the numbers, such as 12 23 24 30 35 52 QP.

But what if we ever have a jackpot winner who gets interviewed and refers to a RNG other than the lottery terminal? With all the gadgets out there it's not that unlikely.

So what if the winner says, "Well, it was a quick pick, just not from the lottery."

Now, is that a QP or not? Granted, the player played the numbers, but they weren't "their" numbers!

What?

Lep

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: December 23, 2009, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

If you ask for a QP, or fill out a slip and check QP, as ThatScaryChick said, it's a quick pick.

Either way, that ticket will be marked QP, In Illinois, it's right after the numbers, such as 12 23 24 30 35 52 QP.

But what if we ever have a jackpot winner who gets interviewed and refers to a RNG other than the lottery terminal? With all the gadgets out there it's not that unlikely.

So what if the winner says, "Well, it was a quick pick, just not from the lottery."

Now, is that a QP or not? Granted, the player played the numbers, but they weren't "their" numbers!

What?

Well now that depends if he took the first numbers the RNG gave him or waited til it gave him numbers he liked.

If he waited til it gave him numbers he liked then he picked them; they were his numbers.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke