Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Would You Have Done??

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jwhou.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2009, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Buy it sign the back of the ticket and it's all yours..

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40609 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2009, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

one of the gas stations i'd go to always had extra tickets. sometimes i'd bite but ,i never won. now i say no thanks. I wonder if theres an island of misfit tickets?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2009, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't buy them, but my wife of 40+ years did. She was afraid, they ,might be a winner.

Results

3-11-12-13-16

nothing!!

Chances are a ticket you didn't buy is going to be a big winner whether you buy one or a hundred more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7322 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2009, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

After printing my Fantasy 5 tickets for tonights draw, the clerk tells me the amount, which is $10 more than I played. We look at the tickets and the machine had printed out 10 quick-picks on a single ticket. I told the clerk that wasn't mine and he cheked my playslips and agreed, I was correct. He asked me if I wanted to purchase them........................................what would you have done?????????? I will answer that question tomorrow morning.

That's happened to me many times and I've learned to say "no thanks" because I didn't ask for them. Some people see it as an omen and they will win, but would they eat a well done steak when they ordered it rare?

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2009, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

What's the difference in buying a mistake or a QP..It's all the same,a QP..You will always be able to say you bought a mistake and maybe won on it..I'd buy it in a heart beat..

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: December 15, 2009, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't have bought them. Years ago when I used to sell lottery tickets my boss always bought the mistakes. He never won a dime. I hate QP's anyway and always choose my own numbers. Won way more with those than with any machine pick.

lottocalgal mentioned "incentives". Stores used to get 6 cents a ticket commission, don't know what it is anymore. I don't believe that anyone prints tickets by mistake, it just happens sometimes but someone's got to buy it. A store owner would go broke if they continually bought the boo boos, especially if you can't get people to buy them. And believe me,it's hard to sell those,I know from experience. Most people want a "fresh" ticket.

So don't think twice about it,CARBOB. When it's your time,you'll win! Wink

United States
              Member #83769
              December 14, 2009
              8 Posts
              Posted: December 15, 2009, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

if the cashier is known, it's probably their ticket and they didn't like the numbers.

don't buy it.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                Kentucky
                United States
                Member #35086
                March 12, 2006
                10374 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2009, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I vaguely remember a story from years and years ago about a mistake ticket printed and refused by somebody if I recall it right.

It turned out to be a major jackpot winner and the owner and employee were in court fighting over who's ticket it was.

I don't know how that ended but they won't get the chance with me, I always take 'em.

rdgrnr

Dont know if its the  same one you remember hearing about or not.....but sounds   similiar   ,  and  this  one  happened about  half hour  North of me in West  Union  ,   Ohio    ,   quite  a  few years ago

And if it is the same one......I  will give you an update on it

Though  I did not know the girl personally.....I have two friends that did

Way I understand it.......( and I have heard couple differant stories on how it happened ).........the person walked in and  bought  a   ticket and gave the numbers........clerk made a mistake on one of the numbers  ,    and the person  refused the ticket

So  the  person  gave the numbers  again.....and the clerk got it correct  the  second time and the customer left with that ticket

The  first  ticket  ( that I understand had  just  one  number  differant on it ).......laid there all day, and the clerk ended up buying it herslf when   the   shift  changed

The ticket  the clerk bought ( that the customer refused )........won quite a few millions  on the next draw

Paid out over 30 years back then I  think.....or anyway it had that option on it......as back then.....you had to decide before the draw ( when buying the ticket )......if you wanted the cash option or the 30 year  deal  ( of course now  you can decide after  the win  most places )

I  have heard over the years......that there was trouble  over it......with the  store owner and the customer also.........and I dont  know if that is true or not........but have heard many times it is...........but........the  clerk  got to keep the ticket  and the  millions (  payout over  time )   Which  personally I feel was the  right  decision

So......needless to say....that being so close to home........... to this day........  I   always  buy the ones that no one wants   ,   when they ask me in the store

Most are 2 and 3 dollars......though I did buy one for 5.00 once  and maybe even one time bought one for 10.00.......tickled the store clerks.....because they were gonna have to buy it if they  couldnt sell it

Have  never won the millions on any of those unwanted  tickets yet........but I will say that I have won maybe 40   % of the time on them.......( small prizes ) where I got my money back  or half of it

So.......I   always  buy them unwanted  ones.........  you  never  know

And.......if they make a mistake on mine.......I never leave it behind...........no  way

Astekblue

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2009, 1:23 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr

Dont know if its the  same one you remember hearing about or not.....but sounds   similiar   ,  and  this  one  happened about  half hour  North of me in West  Union  ,   Ohio    ,   quite  a  few years ago

And if it is the same one......I  will give you an update on it

Though  I did not know the girl personally.....I have two friends that did

Way I understand it.......( and I have heard couple differant stories on how it happened ).........the person walked in and  bought  a   ticket and gave the numbers........clerk made a mistake on one of the numbers  ,    and the person  refused the ticket

So  the  person  gave the numbers  again.....and the clerk got it correct  the  second time and the customer left with that ticket

The  first  ticket  ( that I understand had  just  one  number  differant on it ).......laid there all day, and the clerk ended up buying it herslf when   the   shift  changed

The ticket  the clerk bought ( that the customer refused )........won quite a few millions  on the next draw

Paid out over 30 years back then I  think.....or anyway it had that option on it......as back then.....you had to decide before the draw ( when buying the ticket )......if you wanted the cash option or the 30 year  deal  ( of course now  you can decide after  the win  most places )

I  have heard over the years......that there was trouble  over it......with the  store owner and the customer also.........and I dont  know if that is true or not........but have heard many times it is...........but........the  clerk  got to keep the ticket  and the  millions (  payout over  time )   Which  personally I feel was the  right  decision

So......needless to say....that being so close to home........... to this day........  I   always  buy the ones that no one wants   ,   when they ask me in the store

Most are 2 and 3 dollars......though I did buy one for 5.00 once  and maybe even one time bought one for 10.00.......tickled the store clerks.....because they were gonna have to buy it if they  couldnt sell it

Have  never won the millions on any of those unwanted  tickets yet........but I will say that I have won maybe 40   % of the time on them.......( small prizes ) where I got my money back  or half of it

So.......I   always  buy them unwanted  ones.........  you  never  know

And.......if they make a mistake on mine.......I never leave it behind...........no  way

Astekblue

Astekblue,

Yeah that's probably the one I recalled. RJOh remembered it too. Thanks.

The way I look at it is the ones I get by mistake can't do any worse than the ones I get on purpose!

I actually got a Pick3 Str8 like that one time when the girl punched in the wrong number. I was glad I took it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #83701
                    December 13, 2009
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: December 24, 2009, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

After printing my Fantasy 5 tickets for tonights draw, the clerk tells me the amount, which is $10 more than I played. We look at the tickets and the machine had printed out 10 quick-picks on a single ticket. I told the clerk that wasn't mine and he cheked my playslips and agreed, I was correct. He asked me if I wanted to purchase them........................................what would you have done?????????? I will answer that question tomorrow morning.

I would've purchased the tickets but I wouldn't return to that retailer in the future, at least not for a while.   I would offer to go in halfsies with the retailer on them? if he did go in for half then I would forgive the mistake as he's bourne some of the cost of that mistake.