Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: The Institute for the Lottery Insane

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If there was such an institution, what ward would have the most patients?

I have a system, there is a system [ 15 ]  [26.79%]
My numbers just haven't hit yet [ 11 ]  [19.64%]
It's not luck, it's skill! [ 5 ]  [8.93%]
Wheels work hits, or not [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
The numbers get channeled to me [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Pumpi was right [ 3 ]  [5.36%]
PSYKOMO & CO. Live here [ 7 ]  [12.50%]
They're MY numbers, only mine. [ 7 ]  [12.50%]
I'll hit two jackpots! [ 4 ]  [7.14%]
Other [ 4 ]  [7.14%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2009, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Let's just say there was an Institute for the Lottery Insane, a sanitorium.

Which ward do you think would have the bigest population?

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2009, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Funny poll, Coin Toss. LOL

I think that, "My numbers just haven't hit yet" would have the most patients.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:17 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss

I'm highly insulted by the notion that my contention that I will win two jackpots would be considered crazy!

However, when the men in the white coats come for me I will demand to be in the pumpi ward.

We could have matching strait jackets and designer drool cups.

I'm looking forward to it.

As long as the woodpeckers don't come for me. I hate that.

So I voted for "I will win two jackpots" and in your heart... you know I will.

Mmmmmm... I smell bacon!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
        Miami
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        673 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:48 am - IP Logged

I voted for Pumpi Was Right, but of course in the real world there would be no such ward because if he were in fact right the black hole would've swallowed us by now.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2009, 3:56 am - IP Logged

Well, looking at the selection, I can see the quick pick ward must be the one for the seriously affected and the one nobody wants to talk about. Looking around the room I picked the 'I have a system- there is a system' ward. Just so long as I get a good supply of sticky notes, push-pins and lots of string I will be very content. Take away my pad of paper, pencil and my scientific calculator and I go reluctantly screaming to the quick-pick lock-down. Naughty

Are Pumpi and Psycomo interns for a ward? I want to make sure I get my meds. I know they can count.Cheers

See you in the therapy circle or at the med dispenser's window! Group Hug

I just hope Laverne is one of the nurses.Lovies

DD

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2009, 7:47 am - IP Logged

anyone who plays lotto

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2009, 8:31 am - IP Logged

heheehhhahahaahahahahahahhahehheheheheheheheh    cough cough  hehehehehehehhhahahahahahahahahahahah!  holding my stomach  from laughing so hard  hehehhahahahhahahahahahhhhhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pumpi isnt an intern--- He runs the facility- built  with winnings from one of his schemes!

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2009, 9:29 am - IP Logged

I voted Pumpi was right. Hey don't knock Pumpi. In a world of anything goes, a lottery just for midgets or hermaphrodites is very plausible. Just sayin.....

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                  Miami
                  United States
                  Member #62793
                  July 9, 2008
                  673 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

heheehhhahahaahahahahahahhahehheheheheheheheh    cough cough  hehehehehehehhhahahahahahahahahahahah!  holding my stomach  from laughing so hard  hehehhahahahhahahahahahhhhhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pumpi isnt an intern--- He runs the facility- built  with winnings from one of his schemes!

I believe Pumpi will achieve his dream of world domination with $4 he wins from a scratch-off and the embedded secret code only he can see.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                    Member #55246
                    September 20, 2007
                    225 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

My Vote:  It's not luck, it's skill.Thumbs Up  I think is the ward that would have the greatest population.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

From some of the heatedArgue discussions I've seen, I have to go with: They're MY numbers, only mine. Evil Looking

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2009, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

For those of you who truly, fervently believe in one of the above, I offer this story.

A guy is driving home when he gets a flat tire. As it happens, he pulls to the side of the road in front of the Institite for the Lottery Insane, where the inmates patients are outside for their daily walks.  As he starts to change the tire one of the patients comes to the fence and watches him. The guy gets the spare tire on, and as he reaches for the hubcap with the lug nuts in it he tips it, dropping all of the lugnuts into a storm sewer. Aloud he wonders, "Crap, now what am I going to do?" The inmate at the fence says, "Why don't you take one lug nut off of each of the other wheels, and use them to put the spare tire on?"

The driver looks at him, and says, "That's a really good idea. If you can think of that, why are you confined to this institution?" The patient looks at him and says, "I'm here for being crazy, not stupid."

ConstantlyB's avatar - chi
                          Wilson
                          United States
                          Member #54516
                          August 21, 2007
                          2802 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2009, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

"I was only one digit off"!!!.....that's where I'll be residing....Crazy ...it's right across from...."I should have powerplayed"...dayroom.

"MAKE THAT MONEY YA'LL"

wisdom from Tyler Perry's Madea:"It doesn't matter what people call you....it's what you answer to."

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                            Northern Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #83350
                            December 5, 2009
                            1313 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2009, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

How about, "Those were my numbers that came up but I forgot to go play them?"

That happened to me once. Based on certain patterns, I concluded that "104" would with the Virginia Pick-3 evening drawing on Tuesday, March 29, 2005. I even walked past the grocery store, but on that particular day I had forgotten about my prediction. It didn't hit me until I checked the winning number the next afternoon. Guess what came up that night? 104! I would have won $500 if I remembered to buy the ticket!

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10344 Posts
                              Posted: December 18, 2009, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Good stuff here everyone!

Looks like we'll have to add a few more wards;

Quick Picks

Missed By A Digit

Woulda Shoulda Coulda

Didn't Play My Numbers, They Came In...

Where will the money come from to ad them on? The lottery, of course!

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.