Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Should Your State Do To Improve The Lottery?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 7 years ago by dr65.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2010, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

TSC,
Everytime you write about that crappy $20K initial payout for  your Pick 5, I  want to fly down there and choke your lottery officials.  The Odds of that are so high I think that is an seriously unfair payout amount.   How high have you seen it grow?  I think the highest I've ever seen our Fantasy Five grow to is  about $317K    but they said it can go to $500K.
Maybe Texas should invite the lottery officials of other states to a Lottery seminar, with California and Idaho in the front row taking serious notes ------ and be tested afterwards.

I wish you would come down here and choke some sense into them lottocalgal! lol.

Oh and I believe the payout hasn't gone past $29,000-$30,000 dollars since the game has started. Can you believe that? And to think, for years I wished our state would get a Pick 5 game (I even wrote emails to TPTB asking them to add a Pick 5 game.) and this is what we got stuck with. Mad

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
    Member #85338
    January 13, 2010
    143 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

In PA...allow for the option to claim anonymously.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2010, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions will be in Ky..The first draw will be Feb 2nd..Good luck..

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged
        The procedure for drawing the balls hasn't changed....... clue me in on what makes you think the drawings are dishonest.

The contract with WJZ expired and as per the lottery's rules they have to offer the contract for bidding and WBAL won the bid probably the lowest bid of all the stations. WBAL knew they were getting a bargain because they wouldn't have to televise certain drawings since they also had the contract to do many sports related shows.

Keno payout's in Maryland are second to scratch offs. you must not be playing during the optimum times.
        Lunch, Dinner, during sporting events, when it's raining, these are the times when the most bets are being placed in 3 minute intervals and therefor should be the times when the most money is being paid out. Considering the amount of players and the option to double or triple your bets the 146 million they paid out is pale compared to what they took in.

I've tried many conceivable methods to win at keno betting as many as 20 tickets at a time sometimes i even have like a 100 slips filled out and put them in different order just to try and outwit the computer. I've come to the conclusion it's all luck if you are lucky you'll win. It's hard to beat a computer at it's own game.

Sill i saw this guy walk in and put a 20 dollar bet on his birthday 4 numbers for one game and he won that game nice payday. I've seen people who never played keno before in their lives win all night long. (beginners luck).  

Remember the more money you place on a bet, increases your odds of winning.

from MD lottery.

More than $1 billion was awarded to players in the form of prizes.  Prizes paid by game are broken down as follows:

Scratch-offs$356.7 million
        Keno$146.6 million
        Pick 3$144.1 million
        Pick 4$132.2 million
        Keno Bonus$  81.7 million
        Mega Millions$  63.1 million
        Racetrax$  59.9 million
        Multi-Match$  18.3 million
        Bonus Match 5$  12.7 million
        MD Hold'Em$     .3 million

I've had success at both Keno and Racetrax. I've found most of the success comes around lunch time or after 8pm. I try to stick with the lower numbers because I don't care to receive those W2-G forms in the mail. (I just received one today). But, it  seems the patterns have changed. Give me time, I'll figure it out.

I understand the contract and bidding for the contract. I just enjoyed the broadcasts when they were on WJZ.

I believe the system for the two games,(Keno and Racetrax), since they are computerized have been rigged to bring in more money for the State.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

dover delaware
          United States
          Member #4466
          April 26, 2004
          1191 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

for my state which unfortulately is the cheating state of delware they need to stop cheating and go back to regular balls  lesonook

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2010, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

States could improve their lotteries by allowing winners to remain anonymous - they do in Australia.

States could also improve their lotteries, and increase their revenue, by offering a subscription service, open to all - Massachusetts offers such a service and raises more revenue as a result; which is the whole point of state lotteries.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

Think's avatar - lightbulb
              Marquette, MI
              United States
              Member #20541
              August 20, 2005
              705 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2010, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Michigan-

Get rid of computer drawings

Get rid of Classic 47

Piggyback a dollar on top of daily Keno for a Jackpot version.
              That way the first dollar would go towards the regular prize structure and the piggyback dollar would ONLY go towards the jackpot prize (less of course the states take).

If Classic 47 is not the longest running 6/xx game for Michigan it sure is getting close to be...Yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn...come on change it!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                Northern Virginia
                United States
                Member #83350
                December 5, 2009
                1313 Posts
                Posted: January 14, 2010, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see fairer payouts for smaller prizes in games like Powerball, Mega Millions, Win for Life, etc. In Mega Millions, the prize for matching 3 + 1 is $150, but the odds are over 1 in 10,000. Completely unfair payout. I think it should be at least $2500.

I would like to see more states have date lotteries (i.e. you play a date, like Nebraska's MyDaY or Quebec's Astro). Part of the reason I like the Pick-3 and Pick-4 is because there are certain combinations that come up that represent birthdays. 

I'd like all states (especially Colorado for some reason) to have a Pick-3 and Pick-4 game. 

I'm not a big fan of computerized drawings because I like watching the ping-pong balls go up and down in the machine.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1313 Posts
                  Posted: January 14, 2010, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I think California should

1)Get rid of that Daily Derby draw thing or whatever it is.  That is one game that only QP could possibly win (the jackpot) since  the odds of predicting all races and exact times are  almost unheard of. 

2)  Bring Powerball!  Some of us hate Mega Millions and want to give powerball a try.

3)  MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE LEGIT! Not have some secret conspiracy that controls the outcome of the games and make sure it truly is random!  (I know,  I'm paranoid but trying to get over it.)

4) Give us the Powerplay like Texas has,  it seems California is so afraid of having too many people win extra money  that they hold back ways they could actually Make money!

5)  Ask TEXAS to show them how its done!  Texas doesnt seem to be afraid to have their people win!

6)  Stop spending so much money on advertising,  make word of mouth be their marketing.  Theres nothing stronder than hearing of someone's win that will get me excited and hyped up and spending more!

I'm sure there's some conspiracy. No birthday has ever won midday on my birthday (Jan. 4) - not even British style. No birthdays - not even British style - came up at all for 4 years (2006 to 2009), until 301 won the night draw in 2010.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                    Connecticut
                    United States
                    Member #61623
                    May 29, 2008
                    20581 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2010, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

What Should Your State Do To Improve The Lottery?

Connecticut needs to thin out the herd of mass producing new scratch offs..What they really need is less new tickets and more decent sized prizes

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2010, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure there's some conspiracy. No birthday has ever won midday on my birthday (Jan. 4) - not even British style. No birthdays - not even British style - came up at all for 4 years (2006 to 2009), until 301 won the night draw in 2010.

I believe the number 301 has satanic connotations. It's one of my ex-wives' birthdays.

Never play it. It could possibly open a portal to hell - where I once resided a few years back.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5591 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I believe the number 301 has satanic connotations. It's one of my ex-wives' birthdays.

Never play it. It could possibly open a portal to hell - where I once resided a few years back.

Hey rdgrnr, I just hit on an idea for ya. Take all of your ex's birthdays, add them doing lottery math, subtract your current wife's bd, (assuming you have a current wife) and play that number. Using your current wife's bd should counteract your ex's hell portals.

Good luck!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22872 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2010, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

lol rdgrnr!!

Pennsylvania -

Jonny, I agree....here in PA we have 3 - 4 new instants per month..sick, sick. People's heads are spinning but they keep feeding the machines.

While the new ones are best in the first 2 weeks, they go cold just like the rest of them. There are so many here, the cases in some stores are

4 feet long..you don't know what to buy sometimes....I'd say it's like a kid in a candy store but it's not...it's just what it is...a confused adult in

in a nightmare they can't wake up from. I've seen towers of tickets 3 feet high and the counter filled with them too. The Indian stores like to

stock the best variety (read: the most tickets) and it's almost awful going in there and trying to choose. I already asked a clerk about one ticket

that didn't look at all familiar....I said: hey, is that one even in play now? Some of them look so ancient, even I don't recognize them. So true,

they need to SLOW down.