Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Remember Jack Whittaker?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 7 years ago by larry3100.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23237 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2010, 9:21 am - IP Logged

LOL!! hearsetrax, how'd you get my cat to sit for that picture? So that's what he's been up to...out spending my money on new duds..LOL

Miami, Florida
    United States
    Member #69927
    January 20, 2009
    215 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2010, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

If I won that much money, here's the first thing I would do....

look for a good decent financial advicer.

cheryl59's avatar - center
      Va Beach
      United States
      Member #46651
      September 20, 2006
      1865 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2010, 8:10 am - IP Logged

I think he was an extremely nice and generous man who thought money could solve any problem. I was surprised that someone who was already relatively well off and owned a construction company didn't have a little more discipline and self-control. But sometimes the facade can hide a few cracks. You never know what's going on in someone's mind or in their personal life or what their demons are.

Nicely said and very true!

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
        Miami, FLA
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        678 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2010, 9:48 am - IP Logged

In all fairness to him, he wasn't the one who lost control. It was all the people that were on drugs. He just wasn't able to stop them. Maybe if he hadn't put the granddaughter on a $2,100 a week allowance.

I seriously doubt he just started frequenting strip clubs out of the blue. He'd probably been doing that for years. The difference is he wasn't a celebrity before 2002.

He's not the first person brought down by a strip club.

Sad case all around. Hopefully the next big winners will learn from this.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2679 Posts
          Posted: January 17, 2010, 10:35 am - IP Logged

In all fairness to him, he wasn't the one who lost control. It was all the people that were on drugs. He just wasn't able to stop them. Maybe if he hadn't put the granddaughter on a $2,100 a week allowance.

I seriously doubt he just started frequenting strip clubs out of the blue. He'd probably been doing that for years. The difference is he wasn't a celebrity before 2002.

He's not the first person brought down by a strip club.

Sad case all around. Hopefully the next big winners will learn from this.

Roll Eyes maybe and not .......

but U'd think he was and is old enough to know better

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: January 17, 2010, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

"Sad case all around. Hopefully the next big winners will learn from this."

I will.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
              hotatlanta
              United States
              Member #70664
              February 8, 2009
              1446 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2010, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I think he like all the notice that people were giving him. I think that was going to his head.

I don't think going to strip clubs was new to him. I don't feel one ounce of pity for him

NH
                United States
                Member #83352
                December 5, 2009
                223 Posts
                Posted: January 19, 2010, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

The man had every option in the world to do whatever he wanted to with his windfall. He paid the price for trying to be "The Man" everywhere he went. We see it all the time in professional sports. After he blew through half his dough and didn't make the necessary changes, it was already over before it started. He simply could have put it all in some kind of trust and drawn a modest/semi modest weekly or monthly pay check from it. But i'm going to take a guess and say to do that he would have needed many many sessions of therapy. He obviously didn't respect money. So in the end, he got what he was supposed to get. I bet if he hit the lottery again, he would would probably do the same thing all the while telling everyone this time is going to be different.

larry3100's avatar - larry icon2.jpg
                  Redwood City,California
                  United States
                  Member #70503
                  February 3, 2009
                  200 Posts
                  Posted: January 19, 2010, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

The moral of the story of Jack Whttaker is this "When you win big in the lottery,get out of Dodge City".I Agree!