Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anonymity

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by myturn.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

I got the following reply........

Thank you for writing the Florida Lottery. In response to your email, we understand your concern; however, Florida Lottery winners cannot remain anonymous. Florida law mandates that the Florida Lottery provide a winner’s name, city of residence, game won, date won and amount won to any third party who requests the information, including being published on our Web site. However, a Florida Lottery winner's home addresses and telephone numbers are strictly confidential and are not accessible to the public.

Also, whether or not the player chooses to have there photograph taken or give a Press Statement is strictly left up to the player.

If you have additional questions, please write back to ASKLOTT or contact the Office of Customer at (850) 487-7787 where a representative will gladly assist you from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday -Friday.

Best regards,

Florida Lottery Customer Service

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

NH
    United States
    Member #83352
    December 5, 2009
    223 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

If you hit it big, one could always hire a Hollywood makeup artist to give you a whole different look when you go and pick up your winnings...Imagine having a look to you that you weight 500 pounds (when you really weigh less then 200)...Or some sort of special inserts that make you a foot taller...It could be quite exciting trying to fool anyone/everyone who wants to take a picture of you...Heck let the cameras take as many as they want when "your in costume"

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #85037
      January 7, 2010
      253 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2010, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I'll say it again, it's time for a Jackpot Winners Protection Program.

I think that's a very good idea.

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
        Miami, FLA
        United States
        Member #62793
        July 9, 2008
        680 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2010, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for writing the Florida Lottery. In response to your email, we understand your concern; however, Florida Lottery winners cannot remain anonymous. Florida law mandates that the Florida Lottery provide a winner’s name, city of residence, game won, date won and amount won to any third party who requests the information, including being published on our Web site. However, a Florida Lottery winner's home addresses and telephone numbers are strictly confidential and are not accessible to the public.

Also, whether or not the player chooses to have there photograph taken or give a Press Statement is strictly left up to the player.

If you have additional questions, please write back to ASKLOTT or contact the Office of Customer at (850) 487-7787 where a representative will gladly assist you from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday -Friday.

Best regards,

Thanks, Myturn!

Interesting. I thought the photo was required. I was going to give them a shot of my derrier when I won, but this is better.

I guess there's no way getting around your name being out there. Oh well. There are worse problems to have.

Are u in fl or down unda?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

LadyMylena's avatar - avatar6 1.jpg
          Kansas
          United States
          Member #83963
          December 19, 2009
          347 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2010, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Best regards,

I would write one hellava letter that they would NEVER forget, to the State of Florida, then.... and tell them the law needs to be changed. Evil I think you should be able to be completely anonymous if you want to. You can here.

My city of residence is 1,200 people. My name and town is all it would take to find me. I don't even want the people in my town to know I've won. lol

Luck is  ** believing  ** you're lucky.” ~Tennessee Williams

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of who we already are, whether it's greedy or loving.  ~ Dan Millman

CA
            United States
            Member #84266
            December 26, 2009
            410 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2010, 1:04 am - IP Logged

You would think that with the recent news of the murdered lottery winner the Florida Lottery would reconsider their anonymity rule.

Bondi Junction
              Australia
              Member #57242
              December 24, 2007
              1102 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2010, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

I wrote to the Massachusetts lottery and I got the following reply.........

I understand your concerns, but the name and hometown of all of our winners are public information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Lottery Rules and Regulations. Please understand that reason for this law is not to exploit prize winners or to gain publicity for the Lottery. The law was written so that the Lottery can validate its games. To uphold its integrity, the Lottery must be able to provide a public record of who has won its games.. We always recommend that our winners seek both legal and tax advice when they win a large prize, preferably before they come forward with the winning ticket. One way remain fairly anonymous is to claim the prize in a trust.

Thank you for taking the time to write about this important issue.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!