Welcome Guest
You last visited October 22, 2017, 11:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How The Mid-Atlantic Blizzard Will Affect The Lottery

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 8 years ago by megamillionaire.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
Bearflag Republic, Los Angeles Division
United States
Member #83350
December 5, 2009
1346 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2010, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

In Baltimore right now, it is actually ILLEGAL to travel on the roadway unless you are an emergency vehicle. This got me to thinking what kind of effect this blizzard is going to have on lottery sales. I suspect in Delaware and Maryland the number of Pick-3 and Pick-4 winners will be significantly lower than normal.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2010, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

In Baltimore right now, it is actually ILLEGAL to travel on the roadway unless you are an emergency vehicle. This got me to thinking what kind of effect this blizzard is going to have on lottery sales. I suspect in Delaware and Maryland the number of Pick-3 and Pick-4 winners will be significantly lower than normal.

That BS would never fly in East TN. We wouldn't put up with some weasel politician sittin' in some highrise condo somewhere tellin' us we can't go on the roads. If he's afraid to drive he can stay home but don't tell us what to do.

It's amazing what some people will put up with from their employees in some areas.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2010, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

That BS would never fly in East TN. We wouldn't put up with some weasel politician sittin' in some highrise condo somewhere tellin' us we can't go on the roads. If he's afraid to drive he can stay home but don't tell us what to do.

It's amazing what some people will put up with from their employees in some areas.

Here in NYC they are even telling us how to travel, they must be out of their Dog gone minds!!I am with rd, if they are afraid stay home and get out of our way!!!  You would think that people who have lived with this weather all their lives whould at least know how to travel in it by now!!! Please people!Shocked

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        51543 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2010, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I GOT THE DAY OFF. WEEWEEWEE YES OH YES. I'm hunkered down for the day..hot cocoa movies and extreme laziness will fill my snow drenched day.

Stand for the Flag,  Kneel for the Cross.

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2010, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I GOT THE DAY OFF. WEEWEEWEE YES OH YES. I'm hunkered down for the day..hot cocoa movies and extreme laziness will fill my snow drenched day.

Oh the Bliss... I mean the Blizzard of it all Yeah!!!  Enjoy Sully!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            67601 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2010, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't be surprised if they issued a State-Of-Emergency for New Jersey after today's Storm!

Best Advice: Help out the Emergency Service Workers: Stay at Home: They have enough to do already!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8577 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2010, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

The gov was in the storm center directing his people. There were 700 vehicles that needed to be rescued today on Maryland's roads.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2010, 12:07 am - IP Logged

The gov was in the storm center directing his people. There were 700 vehicles that needed to be rescued today on Maryland's roads.

That's their job. You can't keep stupid people from doing things beyond their capabilities but to criminalize freedom of movement because of idiots is not the answer. Let the weasels earn their money in the storm center rescuing idiots but don't tell me I can't go where I want when I want. I wouldn't be looking to government to help me anyway if I needed it. They would be the last place I called for help.

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8577 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2010, 1:02 am - IP Logged

That's their job. You can't keep stupid people from doing things beyond their capabilities but to criminalize freedom of movement because of idiots is not the answer. Let the weasels earn their money in the storm center rescuing idiots but don't tell me I can't go where I want when I want. I wouldn't be looking to government to help me anyway if I needed it. They would be the last place I called for help.

No person needed to be out on the highway for any reason the guard would pick up and deliver hospital and government personnel take people to the hospital etc.

We got a record amount of snowfall in the last week today was a white out blizzard for most of the day.

It was impossible to remove the snow to the pavement, Pennsylvania closed i83 an interstate road through Maryland.

Idiots that got stuck driving in the snow after he declared stage three snow emergency dissevered the 1,000 dollar or more fine they got.  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/

We don't have thousands of stump jumpers like you good old boys do in Tennessee.

I live for the snow i love to drive in it and we'll get plenty of days to drive in it for the next week as there is no place to put the 70 or so inches of snow we got. Maryland has never seen this much snow. Nor do they have enough snow removal equipment as upper states do. They are hiring private contractors to push snow.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 11, 2010, 1:51 am - IP Logged

No person needed to be out on the highway for any reason the guard would pick up and deliver hospital and government personnel take people to the hospital etc.

We got a record amount of snowfall in the last week today was a white out blizzard for most of the day.

It was impossible to remove the snow to the pavement, Pennsylvania closed i83 an interstate road through Maryland.

Idiots that got stuck driving in the snow after he declared stage three snow emergency dissevered the 1,000 dollar or more fine they got.  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/

We don't have thousands of stump jumpers like you good old boys do in Tennessee.

I live for the snow i love to drive in it and we'll get plenty of days to drive in it for the next week as there is no place to put the 70 or so inches of snow we got. Maryland has never seen this much snow. Nor do they have enough snow removal equipment as upper states do. They are hiring private contractors to push snow.

"No person needed to be out on the highway for any reason..."

There's the problem right there - "needed".  I go out on the highway if I "want" to.  It don't matter if I "need" to.

And there ain't no fancy-pants government bureaucrat gonna tell me I can't.

I might be eatin' baloney sandwiches someday but I'll be <snip>ed before some government schmuck tells me to stay in the house and I listen to him. That's precisely when I'll go out and go 4-wheelin across his front yard (and I wouldn't be the only one).

Stump Jumper Power! LOL 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

--Edmund Burke

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      6537 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2010, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't be surprised if they issued a State-Of-Emergency for New Jersey after today's Storm!

Best Advice: Help out the Emergency Service Workers: Stay at Home: They have enough to do already!

I agree. They are just trying to help people not get hurt or put themselves or others in danger. I hope all of you who are affected by this horrible weather stay safe. Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8577 Posts
                        Posted: February 11, 2010, 2:19 am - IP Logged

"No person needed to be out on the highway for any reason..."

There's the problem right there - "needed".  I go out on the highway if I "want" to.  It don't matter if I "need" to.

And there ain't no fancy-pants government bureaucrat gonna tell me I can't.

I might be eatin' baloney sandwiches someday but I'll be <snip>ed before some government schmuck tells me to stay in the house and I listen to him. That's precisely when I'll go out and go 4-wheelin across his front yard (and I wouldn't be the only one).

Stump Jumper Power! LOL 

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

And there's where the <snip> hits the fan if-in you git caught you spent the next couple of days in the hoots scowl. While the rest of us would be driving the next day.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: February 11, 2010, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

And there's where the <snip> hits the fan if-in you git caught you spent the next couple of days in the hoots scowl. While the rest of us would be driving the next day.

Anywhere I'm at against my will is the Hoosegow to me. I believe in politicians doin' what we say and not vice-versa. I don't believe in checking with anybody to see if I'm allowed to go anywhere at anytime. I can take care of myself and I don't need any big-city, panty-waist, milque-toast politician telling me what I can and can't do. Let him hide out with the women and children if he wants but I'll not have my freedom restricted by the likes of the oh-so-cautious, touchy-feely, feminized version of men that fancy themselves our rulers.

Those pukes would have told Daniel Boone to stay home because "it's too cold for trailblazing today dude, so stay indoors or we'll have you arrested."

I'll take the Hoosegow anyday over groveling before or kow-towing to any political parasites on power trips.

Just my opinion. BTW, do they serve biscuits and gravy in them yankee hoosegows?

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8577 Posts
                            Posted: February 11, 2010, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

No biscuits and gravy only day old McD's.

Baltimore city's police intake is a disaster area no telling when you will be released. If they want they can lock you up and forget about you for an unspecified period of time if your a trouble maker.  

Phase three snow emergency means no vehicles allowed on the roads except ambulance, fire, police, and guard units, snow removal equip..... at one point yesterday the gov... even pulled all the states vehicles off the roads.

The big wigs are ever so grateful that most Marylanders stayed off the roads and that no one lost their lives during the storm.

However just about an hour ago some person was killed when a small bobcat backed over him/her in a gas station that was being plowed..

Raven62's avatar - binary
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #17843
                              June 28, 2005
                              67601 Posts
                              Posted: February 11, 2010, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

How many Emergency Workers did it take to Rescue those 700 vehicles/people?

Who paid for the Emergency Workers: Tax Payers?

Many of those Rescues could have been avoided.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!