Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:08 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michigan Daily games appear to be rigged

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jrosina.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
clarkston mi
United States
Member #62281
June 23, 2008
19 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:53 am - IP Logged

I have uncovered yet another very suspect daily 4 lottery purchase this time  from 2006. The clerk who sold the evening 4 four digits told me that the customer called him with not much time left and begged him to purchase $400.00 worth of straight up tickets on numbers that ended up winning. 400 straight and no other numbers bet....just the winning number about a half hour before the draw. And over 500 other tickets were sold that day as well. This is a simular pattern to several other amazing hits in Michigan. Just before draw some people are getting great hunches. 400 dollars bet on a 10,000 to 1 shot.....and no other combo bet by this person is hard to believe. Also the other 500 some other winners sold on the same number this same day is strange as well considering the average hit ratio for most days with the 4 digit is about 10 to 15 per day. So people calling at the last minute to bet these very large amounts is a huge foot print of a possible crime here.

I have posted before about the research I have done that indicates at least in Michigan the way the games are run leaves it open to believe there is problem with the integrity of the games.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40471 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2010, 5:17 am - IP Logged

check the daily stats from the lottery..track them, i believe the 3 digit is on the up and up, i don't play 4 digit but i'll track it for awhile. there are certain popular numbers that alot of people play and should it fall could look like inside info...take 1010 tons of people play it and finally it fell and payed big.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

clarkston mi
      United States
      Member #62281
      June 23, 2008
      19 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

check the daily stats from the lottery..track them, i believe the 3 digit is on the up and up, i don't play 4 digit but i'll track it for awhile. there are certain popular numbers that alot of people play and should it fall could look like inside info...take 1010 tons of people play it and finally it fell and payed big.

To call in a 400 dollar bet on a 4 digit (a 10,000 to 1 shot) in the final minutes before the draw is suspicious. This last minute hurry up type of sale is very bothering to me because of the way the numbers are drawn. First concern is that the 400 dollar hurry up call in purchase was made to a lottery retail seller that is only about a half mile from the office where the people that handle the draw machines work out of. (about six months later another very last minute large winning purchase was made at another retail seller just a few blocks from this office that handles the draws) Sully most people are not aware that in the hour before the drawing that they show us on t.v. they have 6 other practice draws and also most people don't know that they have about 12 sets of balls that they use and switch into the game at anytime they choose. Whats that about? This drawing is done in a very private setting with maybe 3 to 5 people present each day.

I have a huge problem with the whole process. Why don't they tell the players that the balls are being swithced each day ? Actually why don't publish the practice results ? They should matter in our selctions. The whole closed door in secret process is a problem to me. You mention the 1010 draw from 2 weeks ago. It's true that 1500 winning straight tickets were sold that day but if only one person buys 400 tickets it takes away from the tons of people theory. 

This whole business of all the secret room ball switching and these last minute large winning prchases just blocks away from where the empoyees who handle these switches work......does it really pass the smell test to you ?

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49756 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2010, 11:37 am - IP Logged

To call in a 400 dollar bet on a 4 digit (a 10,000 to 1 shot) in the final minutes before the draw is suspicious. This last minute hurry up type of sale is very bothering to me because of the way the numbers are drawn. First concern is that the 400 dollar hurry up call in purchase was made to a lottery retail seller that is only about a half mile from the office where the people that handle the draw machines work out of. (about six months later another very last minute large winning purchase was made at another retail seller just a few blocks from this office that handles the draws) Sully most people are not aware that in the hour before the drawing that they show us on t.v. they have 6 other practice draws and also most people don't know that they have about 12 sets of balls that they use and switch into the game at anytime they choose. Whats that about? This drawing is done in a very private setting with maybe 3 to 5 people present each day.

I have a huge problem with the whole process. Why don't they tell the players that the balls are being swithced each day ? Actually why don't publish the practice results ? They should matter in our selctions. The whole closed door in secret process is a problem to me. You mention the 1010 draw from 2 weeks ago. It's true that 1500 winning straight tickets were sold that day but if only one person buys 400 tickets it takes away from the tons of people theory. 

This whole business of all the secret room ball switching and these last minute large winning prchases just blocks away from where the empoyees who handle these switches work......does it really pass the smell test to you ?

Time to Blow the Whistle, or What?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Columbia City, Indiana
          United States
          Member #2978
          December 9, 2003
          381 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2010, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I can find nothing contained within Michigan gaming laws which allows for over-the-phone credit purchases of lottery tickets. It seems to me that any cashier who's willing to put up $400 of his own money to buy tickets for someone on the other end of a phone call is taking a much greater risk than the caller. We've all experienced the frustration and despair of being "off" by one digit in the daily games when we were sure a certain number was due to fall. In the case of a credit sale as outlined by drprsi, what recourse or remedies could the cashier pursue against the caller if he should fail to honor his debt, and what incentive would the caller have to shell out four hundred bucks just to claim a pile of losing tickets?

However, since Indiana's Hoosier Lottery stands as a solid model of a hopelessly corrupt state lottery, we know the allegations presented here are at least possible and deserve further scrutiny. The next logical step would be to discover the identity of the person or persons making such large wagers on credit, and then to present any verifiable information obtained to Michigan's attorney general, who will probably do nothing except tell you to mind your own business.

A more effective approach would be to contact an investigative reporter from a major newspaper in your area. Since drprsi lives in a small town, the paper there probably has a relatively small circulation, so there's a very good chance that the editor will be interested, provided your evidence is credible and can be verified. In this case, the cooperation of the cashier in question is essential, and drprsi should first ask that he or she attend the subsequent meeting with the editor or reporter. A face-to-face meeting with newspaper personnel is preferable to a phone call when addressing possible criminal activity by state employees or agencies, simply because they won't be able to hang up and dismiss the allegations as those of a "crackpot" or conspiracy theorist. If you can manage to capture the interest of a reporter or an editor with verifiable evidence of wrongdoing, the odds that the story will become front-page news increase dramatically, but don't be surprised if your attorney general still refuses to file charges. His job is to protect and to represent state employees and their agents who are suspected of or charged with crimes against the people.

Good luck, and keep us posted on any progress or developments. I'll be following this story very closely.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8361 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I have uncovered yet another very suspect daily 4 lottery purchase this time  from 2006. The clerk who sold the evening 4 four digits told me that the customer called him with not much time left and begged him to purchase $400.00 worth of straight up tickets on numbers that ended up winning. 400 straight and no other numbers bet....just the winning number about a half hour before the draw. And over 500 other tickets were sold that day as well. This is a simular pattern to several other amazing hits in Michigan. Just before draw some people are getting great hunches. 400 dollars bet on a 10,000 to 1 shot.....and no other combo bet by this person is hard to believe. Also the other 500 some other winners sold on the same number this same day is strange as well considering the average hit ratio for most days with the 4 digit is about 10 to 15 per day. So people calling at the last minute to bet these very large amounts is a huge foot print of a possible crime here.

I have posted before about the research I have done that indicates at least in Michigan the way the games are run leaves it open to believe there is problem with the integrity of the games.

How do you know that the person who called the clerk to purchase 400 dollars worth of tickets didn't call 10 other clerks he knew and asked them what are the hot pick 3 or 4 number for tonights drawing. The reason i say this is because i used to do the same thing every once in a while when i had 50 to 100 dollars to throw at a number.

I know clerks that keep track of hot numbers from people who play and win a lot. Most of these stores are high volume ticket sellers. I'm down to about 3 or 4 clerks now.

A pick 4 straight pays 5 grand times 400 = 2 million payout on a number.

This is news worthy stuff a few people in Virginia have done it for lesser amounts.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
              RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

For a player to call up a store and order $400 worth of lottery tickets, the clerk/owner must know him well and trust him to pay up win or lose.  That kind of trust is earned after doing the same thing many times in person.  If the player was cheating, I doubt he would want any one to know him that well.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1953 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

For a player to call up a store and order $400 worth of lottery tickets, the clerk/owner must know him well and trust him to pay up win or lose.  That kind of trust is earned after doing the same thing many times in person.  If the player was cheating, I doubt he would want any one to know him that well.

I Agree!

Also, why would it have to be 30 minutes before the drawing? Why not 2 hours? Why 6 hours? Why does it have to be so close to the drawing? If they're gonna win, they're gonna win.

Gonna win.Big Smile

WILLWRK4NUMBERS's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  ATLANTA, GA
                  United States
                  Member #78958
                  August 24, 2009
                  5088 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2010, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THAT LAST MINUTE LOTTERY CALLER MY LP SCREEN NAME AND TELL HIM/HER TO PRIVATE MESSAGE ME.  THIS WOULD BE A GREAT WAY FOR ME TO START MY DREAM OF PHILANTHROPY!!!    DanceHyperDance

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8361 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Also, why would it have to be 30 minutes before the drawing? Why not 2 hours? Why 6 hours? Why does it have to be so close to the drawing? If they're gonna win, they're gonna win.

My guess is drprsi believes he was given the number by some lottery staffer just as they were drawing the number but hadn't cut off sales yet. In the control room they conduct pre draws and the official drawing but how do people know it's not taped and then aired later as the official drawing.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      gonnawinbig's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
                      Sterling Heights, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #67606
                      November 30, 2008
                      311 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I Have heard this before in michigan, with the window being 30 minutes, but never got deep into it. A Friend of mine that is now deceased bwas trying to tell me someone was selling number ( 4 DIGITS )30 minutes before the draw, leaving you 8 minutes to buy ,( COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER WITH 30 MINUTES TO BUY). Anyhow, I was not willing to but in, did not find out who it was or how you went about doing this, but  I Do remember her telling me  a similiar story.  I Can NOT DO THE TIME, SO WHY DO THE CRIME.  I AM NOT SHOCKED!!! 

clarkston mi
                        United States
                        Member #62281
                        June 23, 2008
                        19 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

It's not that rare for people to call in numbers once they establish themselves with a store or clerk. I have called in as much as $75 dollars in plays. The reason for the last minute purchase is because they are not getting the info until the last minute. The testing and ball switching for each drawis done all  within 45 minutes of the cut off. Remember some of these purchases were with in a few blocks of the lottery office that controls the draws ? They would have to be close because they would have only 25 minutes to pick up the tickets. Who would want to leave winning tickets not paid for after the draw. As far as knowing the clerk.....that can't be avoided....they have to buy the tickets somewhere and it would have to close. Remember I'm sure these super big moves are probably only done maybe once or twice a year.  To dismiss what I'm saying because you don't think a clerk would sell that many tickets over the phone is missing the point of what happened in this incident as well as others.....very abnormal purchases at the last minute just blocks away from the office of the people who "handle" the daily draws.

clarkston mi
                          United States
                          Member #62281
                          June 23, 2008
                          19 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Because the "testing" is not done until about 45 minutes before cut off. If and when the cheating is being done it's not until then......not leaving much time

beaudad's avatar - animaniacs26
                            Mid Atlantic States
                            United States
                            Member #60043
                            April 3, 2008
                            1422 Posts
                            Posted: February 22, 2010, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

My guess is drprsi believes he was given the number by some lottery staffer just as they were drawing the number but hadn't cut off sales yet. In the control room they conduct pre draws and the official drawing but how do people know it's not taped and then aired later as the official drawing.

four4me.....I have always thought that they pretape the draws......and film them and play them when they want.........I have always thought that.....beaudad....    by the way an official drawing can be taped and played anytime.......I wonder if there is a Code of Federal Regulations....or CFR code......that the lottery must go by...............

" I don't have a gambling problem,  I have a problem winning!"

clarkston mi
                              United States
                              Member #62281
                              June 23, 2008
                              19 Posts
                              Posted: February 22, 2010, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I Have heard this before in michigan, with the window being 30 minutes, but never got deep into it. A Friend of mine that is now deceased bwas trying to tell me someone was selling number ( 4 DIGITS )30 minutes before the draw, leaving you 8 minutes to buy ,( COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER WITH 30 MINUTES TO BUY). Anyhow, I was not willing to but in, did not find out who it was or how you went about doing this, but  I Do remember her telling me  a similiar story.  I Can NOT DO THE TIME, SO WHY DO THE CRIME.  I AM NOT SHOCKED!!! 

Your story reninds of what a clerk/owner of a party store in Sterling Hgts told me. He told me that he had a customer comming in for a while ....he said he was an elderly man.....who was hitting regular. When the clerk/owner starting kidding him about his luck the oler guy confided in him that he was getting tipped off. The clerk kidded "hey let me know too" and the guy said oh yeah sure. The clerk said he never showed up again. This could be nothing at all but you never know. I do believe with a high degree of confidence that these games are being worked over by insiders and the biggest reason is because ther is ZERO legislative oversight over the "commission". It's as close as being privitized as can be. Billions of our hard earned dollars....public money...being pumped into a state run opperation but yet it does not provide for legislative oversight. That's b.s ...And why the process for picking numbers is not an open and simple process is very suspicious. Many people on these sights are are suspicious of people asking questions about the process and yet they know nothing about the process of the games they spend their money...day after day...year aafter year.....just trust. Most of this people would tell you they don't trust government.....but they blindly trust a "commission" set up by government that government doesn't even oeversight. Go figure.