Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you were able to design your own lottery game...

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
flexalong's avatar - 83637797

Singapore
Member #45322
August 18, 2006
31 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2010, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys, just a thought...if you were able to design and create your own lottery game, how would you design it (cost per ticket? number of balls per ticket, total number of balls? bonus balls? payout scheme? etc) and what would you name it?

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2010, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Number one...NO PRE-TESTS ! ....PERIOD !

#2....No rotation of tubes !

I'm thinking my design wouldn't pass the lottery official's approval.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #82001
      November 3, 2009
      890 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:10 am - IP Logged

I would rather see something with new and radical prize format. Maybe the winners get a chance to spin a prize wheel or maybe like a plinko game from "price is right" gameshow. i know some states already have show like that but make it a regular show.

lotteryfan's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Toronto, Ontario
        Canada
        Member #87049
        February 16, 2010
        11 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I would do something like the El Gordo lottery - Big prizes and guaranteed winners via a raffle. I know a lot of lotteries do rafles, but it's usually a once-a-year thing. It should be every week. We'll call it PowerRaffle or MegaRaffle.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2010, 9:28 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I'm with you on this one, joker. Actually, this would probably be the ONLY thing I changed other than getting rid of the RNG method. The pretests, and, how many they conduct play a big role in the actual draw. It's been proven that if they were to just run one draw after another, with no pre-run, the winner statistics would change for our favor...think about that one.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2010, 10:19 am - IP Logged

One possibility, the game would be called Ottol (Lotto spelled backwards). Let's say it's a 6/49 game.

Instead of 6 numbers being drawn, 43 numbers would be drawn and the numbers not drawn are the winning numbers. In other words, you're betting on what numbers would stay in the bowl, not come out.

And somehow the payoputs would be "wide", not narrow, i.e., more than one jackpot winner. Maybe once it hit a certain jackpot amount, over $25 million say,there would be a second, third, and fourth set of numbers drawn (actually, not drawn!) with lesser but still decent jackpots for those drawings.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2010, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Hey guys, just a thought...if you were able to design and create your own lottery game, how would you design it (cost per ticket? number of balls per ticket, total number of balls? bonus balls? payout scheme? etc) and what would you name it?

I would get rid Pick5!  I would have a 0.25cents bet added!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40512 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2010, 10:50 am - IP Logged

I'm with joker on this plus no computors for the keno game and i make it 75 balls instead of 80.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

flexalong's avatar - 83637797

Singapore
                  Member #45322
                  August 18, 2006
                  31 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2010, 11:38 am - IP Logged

One possibility, the game would be called Ottol (Lotto spelled backwards). Let's say it's a 6/49 game.

Instead of 6 numbers being drawn, 43 numbers would be drawn and the numbers not drawn are the winning numbers. In other words, you're betting on what numbers would stay in the bowl, not come out.

And somehow the payoputs would be "wide", not narrow, i.e., more than one jackpot winner. Maybe once it hit a certain jackpot amount, over $25 million say,there would be a second, third, and fourth set of numbers drawn (actually, not drawn!) with lesser but still decent jackpots for those drawings.

Now that's creative Yes Nod

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10351 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2010, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Now that's creative Yes Nod

flexalong,

Thanks!

jrosina

"I would get rid Pick5!  I would have a 0.25cents bet added!"

Why? In one's lifetimne they may actually hit a Pick 5, Pick 6 and 5 + 1 immensely less likely to happen.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2010, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I would get rid Pick5!  I would have a 0.25cents bet added!

Hey Rosie,

Move to Virginia and you can play Cash5 for 25 cents twice a day seven days a week.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                        Panama
                        Member #73078
                        April 4, 2009
                        3490 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2010, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Hey Rosie,

Move to Virginia and you can play Cash5 for 25 cents twice a day seven days a week.

Really???!!!  Now that's the Idea!! only place you can get 25cents bet here is the Illegal Numbers, and I well, I don't do that. herd too many not so nice stories!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

CA
                          United States
                          Member #84266
                          December 26, 2009
                          410 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2010, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

My game would be called Set for Life. It will be a 5/39 where the order of the balls drawn matter. So bascially a permutation game like Pick 3/4. Top prize is $100,000/yr for the rest of your life.

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

My game would be called Set for Life. It will be a 5/39 where the order of the balls drawn matter. So bascially a permutation game like Pick 3/4. Top prize is $100,000/yr for the rest of your life.

Down the road that $100,000 a year may be barely making it. As the years go by, that $100,000 will become worth less and less.

Consider what car prices were ten and twenty years ago.

Since you suggested it though, what would be the prize for 5 of 5 out of sequence?

Lep

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
                              North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #79918
                              September 12, 2009
                              49 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to see a five number game with a smaller number field and smaller starting jackpot.  I know there are some states that have a lottery like this already...like a 1-25 game.  That would be nice for me.  I would still play the bigger games, but I'd love the odds on a smaller one.  I'm always afraid NC is going to add a few extra numbers to Cash 5.  No Nod