Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will your Big win boost your self esteem!!

Topic closed. 85 replies. Last post 7 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
New York,
Panama
Member #73078
April 4, 2009
3490 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2010, 12:20 am - IP Logged

In a sense it would. With less worries about bills and impending doom...I would surely be in a better mood, and more confident about my life and where it's headed...thus boosting my self-esteem. Wink

Ladymylena, Hold on just a tiny bit longer, No!! doom for you! No way!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2010, 12:22 am - IP Logged

I was reading a post and the person was saying all the things they plan to do when they win the MM, PB or any of the Big ones! In it they also say they wanted to win because it would heal their self-esteem!

Do you believe that Winning Millions, will change the way you feel about yourself?

Hey Rosie!

Is that you on your avatar?

rd , Its a long story, I was asking a friend to send my picture to dr65 Lp Family Picture thread.

She tried and could not!!  Then she,said I don't like Your avatar it is Blah!! It  should be a Picture ofyou. so she stated looking for some pictures I had but  could notupload it!  So she went to Lp change your avatar and by some strangecoincidence she came across this Picture in my picture files! and shesaid, Oh, My Goodness Rosina this is you!!! I bet she has a long braiddown her back like you!1 This is You!!  This Person looks just likeyou!!!! My son saw the Picture and said

"Yes mom except you are muchPrettier" of course he is going to say that he is my son!!!  So shesaid "well, let's use this picture as your avatar, and when you sendyour Picture they will already have an Idea of what you look like!!!"

So the answer is no rd, It's just someone that looks very much like me! 

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1955 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2010, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Well guru, you will know shortly 'cause You are going to win!!!!Hurray!

That's the spirit!Big Grin

Gonna win.Big Smile

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
        Member #88435
        March 16, 2010
        397 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2010, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Yes...anything good happening will make me feel better about my self.

$1,000,000

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #77101
          July 13, 2009
          7805 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2010, 9:09 am - IP Logged

I think a big win can definitely boost your self-esteem - money is a tool to be used to better your circumstances - replace all the people, places and things in your life you don't like with all the things you really enjoy!!  And if there are deeper issues you need to deal with that keep you from feeling good about yourself, a big win will pay for all the therapy you need.  Hippy

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            CA
            United States
            Member #57222
            December 23, 2007
            587 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2010, 10:05 am - IP Logged

In a sense it would. With less worries about bills and impending doom...I would surely be in a better mood, and more confident about my life and where it's headed...thus boosting my self-esteem. Wink

I totally agree with you ladymylena.

A lottery win would help me fix a few things about myself that I don't like.  like feel better knowing that my financial future is secure.  My mood would in turn change drastically because of that.

I know that money can't buy you happyiness and yes I am fully away that the best things in life are free,  but I noticed everytime I get upset now,  its pretty much  financial based.  I cant fix my roof because my finances have been hit severly in the last 3 years,  I get nervous at every rainfall.  that in turn makes me feed bad about myself because I can't do anything about it. 

I feel that once my financial worries are taken away, I will definately feel more confident about my existance.  Like I said, everything that makes me feel bad about myself if financially based.  I am not one to go blow 250k on a car and I am not one for traveling and I am not into  huge diamonds or anything like that. In another post you all saw the picture I uple even of my "dream house". 

But I would love to know that when I can no longer work, I won't face living in the streets.  Knowing that would keep my spirits up forever.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3301 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

the porsche 911 gt3 might help

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1649 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2010, 11:02 am - IP Logged

No! It would be a temporary fix at best!   

Whatever I like or dislike about myself isn't going to change because now I have money. I may forget about my likes and dislikes for a very short time but eventually they'll be back.

The change has to come from within and not be dependent on conditions such as winning .

ca-dreamin* I really like your reply. However you are before you have money, then you'll only get better or worse after hitting it big. Money only fixes financial difficulties and not who you are inside. This is why when the average person who has never experienced managing reasonable amounts of money wins a lot, they usually end up broke again...soon.

They have no money managing skills and try to "spend themselves happy". They purchase things which are very impractical in order to attract attention or display that they now have it "like that". Truth is, it's not really them and they wouldn't be spending it that way if they didn't have it from the start.

I'm very happy with who I am now and a MM or PB would not affect me in such a negative way. The person should make the money and not money making the person...

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2010, 11:25 am - IP Logged

the porsche 911 gt3 might help

I Like the Idea, but I don't need it for my self-esteem! The way I feel about any external situation is different and separate from how I feel about myself.

Self Esteem I believe is an Inside Job!

If the Mortgage is due and I have no money to pay it , or I lose my job, Or the light is about to be cut off, or the rent is due, or creditors are calling repeatedly on the phone.

Surely we don't like that situation, or being in that situation. However, in spite of the conditions and Situations you're  in, I still would encourage you to keep a positive outlook; that as long as you can think and act; there is a solution... you can tackle the problem With GOD on your side! 

Call the mortgage Holder and ask for time, he does not want to give you time, tell him you are going to send him/her moneys stay with him/her on the phone for as long as it takes to convince him/her to wait. we shouldn't hide from our problems, let's confront it!!  For we know that as long as we live, we're going to encounter diverse problems.

Once I was complaining to my Grandmother about a problem I had, and she took me to the cemetery and said, "here are the people with No problems!!" "You want to trade places"  I did not like that alternative!  She said "just keep living and this too shall Pass!"

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2010, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I think a big win can definitely boost your self-esteem - money is a tool to be used to better your circumstances - replace all the people, places and things in your life you don't like with all the things you really enjoy!!  And if there are deeper issues you need to deal with that keep you from feeling good about yourself, a big win will pay for all the therapy you need.  Hippy

You are right Starr920, But First a person has to Accept that they have a problem!!Look at all the wealthy men that never did, to their demise!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                      Panama
                      Member #73078
                      April 4, 2009
                      3490 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

ca-dreamin* I really like your reply. However you are before you have money, then you'll only get better or worse after hitting it big. Money only fixes financial difficulties and not who you are inside. This is why when the average person who has never experienced managing reasonable amounts of money wins a lot, they usually end up broke again...soon.

They have no money managing skills and try to "spend themselves happy". They purchase things which are very impractical in order to attract attention or display that they now have it "like that". Truth is, it's not really them and they wouldn't be spending it that way if they didn't have it from the start.

I'm very happy with who I am now and a MM or PB would not affect me in such a negative way. The person should make the money and not money making the person...

YES!!!      I Agree!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #77101
                        July 13, 2009
                        7805 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2010, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

You are right Starr920, But First a person has to Accept that they have a problem!!Look at all the wealthy men that never did, to their demise!

I Agree!  100% - Whether you win the BIG one or not - first fix what you don't like on the inside,

then work on the outside, and you'll be a much happier person. Thumbs Up

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: March 16, 2010, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  100% - Whether you win the BIG one or not - first fix what you don't like on the inside,

then work on the outside, and you'll be a much happier person. Thumbs Up

YES!!!   We are on the same Page, Starr!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: March 16, 2010, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree with you ladymylena.

A lottery win would help me fix a few things about myself that I don't like.  like feel better knowing that my financial future is secure.  My mood would in turn change drastically because of that.

I know that money can't buy you happyiness and yes I am fully away that the best things in life are free,  but I noticed everytime I get upset now,  its pretty much  financial based.  I cant fix my roof because my finances have been hit severly in the last 3 years,  I get nervous at every rainfall.  that in turn makes me feed bad about myself because I can't do anything about it. 

I feel that once my financial worries are taken away, I will definately feel more confident about my existance.  Like I said, everything that makes me feel bad about myself if financially based.  I am not one to go blow 250k on a car and I am not one for traveling and I am not into  huge diamonds or anything like that. In another post you all saw the picture I uple even of my "dream house". 

But I would love to know that when I can no longer work, I won't face living in the streets.  Knowing that would keep my spirits up forever.

Lottocalgal, with all due respect to you, I would ask that you look closer and you will see that you are mixing your fruits!! You are Special and Wonderful with or without money!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10355 Posts
                              Posted: March 16, 2010, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about a big win boosting self esteem, I'd like to think I'd be the same person.

This thread does manke me wonder about the self esteem of jackpot winners who blow it all, what do you think happens to theirs?

rdgrnr,

You know that old Porter Wagoner song, A Satisfied Mind?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.