Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could the Lottery offical do this??

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 7 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22869 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2010, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

...back to our regularly scheduled program....

I think the lottery is capable of a lot more than people want to think. I don't like the pre-test baloney, I'm not sure if PA does it but will find out.

With computer picks being spit out at a rate I can only imagine, I do know that any information they care to collect is right there, easily

obtained. It does not take them hours to compile data on number sets played, how many QP's vs. Player picks or if there is a winner and how

many there might be right after the draw..those things can happen, at the most, in minutes.

To think that with millions of combinations....they track each and every players numbers...is a bit out there. But I wouldn't put it past them that they 

know things in advance, and in a totally random game....why would they need this information? Not just to initiate the max payout cutoff, that's for

sure (and here I'm talking about p3 & p4 games)

I often wondered about any of the games and why sometimes, in my own state, the cutoff time for playing seems to change. We've all run into the

utterly impossible when playing or the utterly bizarre....the kind of draw that makes you say: NO WAY. Sometimes, it just seems strange...in an

underhanded kind of way.

San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #58386
    February 12, 2008
    287 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2010, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

To the people who believe the lottery is rigged.

Give one plausible way this could happen.  Details! Details!

mookyb75's avatar - animaniacs41
      nashville nc
      United States
      Member #81934
      November 2, 2009
      657 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2010, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

i don't know about other states but in nc we was watching a drawing 5 was in the hole something came on about the earthquake and as a mystery we got 447 not being able to see the drawing i would've seen the 547 which i was playing if it would've remained the 5 in the hole..... was this rigged absoutely yes just seemed messy i feel like states should be fined when their cititzens have money riding  on things alot of time in the midday we get alot of pre draw numbers there is a 40 min gap between machine cut off and actual drawing..... we have had numbers  that have ran in all other states beside nc or haven't came in 3 to 4 years....... for midday when it come on there is a number already in the hole to be pulled they did it again with the cash 5..... i do like to win and don't want to feel like i'm giving my hard earned money away... do they read the post on nc forums yes.......... this is the reason i don't post anything on that forum...

Rainbow 

My mind on my $$$$

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2010, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

To the people who believe the lottery is rigged.

Give one plausible way this could happen.  Details! Details!

ridge runner sees this he'll have some kind of answer..tiggs hopes if he does you can figure it out..No way can tiggs understand him but he's from Tennessee so it's understandable..Everyone pray for Tennessee and hope they can win the next civil war..With ridge runner leading them how can they lose..

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
          Chicago
          United States
          Member #70678
          February 8, 2009
          889 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2010, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

That is why when these games go to computer drawings that can become a very real scenario. They have all the info they need to make a rollover (or anything else) happen if they wanted to. It is all at their finger tips. Have the computer check what has been bought vs. what they want the computer to spit out, all without anyone being the wiser. With balls involved it makes this a much tougher feat to accomplish, but once you take away the balls, any bit of security, integrity and legitimacy flies out the window.

With computerized drawings I would like to think everything is on the up and up.......but your absolutely right. Anything could be put into the system without making it too obvious.

One of the FEW good things about IL is all the lottery games are ball drops.

I can only speak for myself but if I believed the games were rigged I wouldn't play them.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2010, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't think they take notice of all tickets that are ran.. however, I do know that TN lottery send a rep out looking for me..   It was my posts about computerizing the pick 3 / pick 4 that made them look me down.

We found it to be funny....

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2010, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

With computerized drawings I would like to think everything is on the up and up.......but your absolutely right. Anything could be put into the system without making it too obvious.

I can only speak for myself but if I believed the games were rigged I wouldn't play them.

Not tiggs Postal sister..If it's rigged or not it's the only game in town and tiggs is in..

Chicago
                United States
                Member #70678
                February 8, 2009
                889 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2010, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Not tiggs Postal sister..If it's rigged or not it's the only game in town and tiggs is in..

LOL tiggs. If it was rigged and the only game in town I'd have to go back to doing sweepstakes.

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

LOL tiggs. If it was rigged and the only game in town I'd have to go back to doing sweepstakes.

It's Illinois so it's rigged...

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1648 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2010, 10:21 am - IP Logged

I will always believe that computers, when it comes to the lottery, can be fixed. Why? Because humans must design the process by which numbers are selected and incorporate it into a "random" system. Pay close attention to what I just said...

How can it be random if it's pre-programmed to do something a particular way??? Hmmmm. Interesting, isn't it. After some careful research, I actually decided to start playing the computer draws but, only on certain states and for good reason. There are states which utilize both computer and mechanical draw methods for midday and evening. I don't like this and I stay away from those states.

If the state uses the same method for both, then I'll play 'em. I honestly believe this is where the biggest problem lies with computer draws. Why use two styles when one or the other will suffice? It's just another way for them to maintain an "edge" on things in my opinion.

I have seen some very strange things happen from one draw to next...like the exact same numbers drawn or at least two of the numbers drawn for several draws in a row. What are the odds of this??? Just something to ponder over.

L.L.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                      Member #6363
                      August 20, 2004
                      4053 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2010, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I will always believe that computers, when it comes to the lottery, can be fixed. Why? Because humans must design the process by which numbers are selected and incorporate it into a "random" system. Pay close attention to what I just said...

How can it be random if it's pre-programmed to do something a particular way??? Hmmmm. Interesting, isn't it. After some careful research, I actually decided to start playing the computer draws but, only on certain states and for good reason. There are states which utilize both computer and mechanical draw methods for midday and evening. I don't like this and I stay away from those states.

If the state uses the same method for both, then I'll play 'em. I honestly believe this is where the biggest problem lies with computer draws. Why use two styles when one or the other will suffice? It's just another way for them to maintain an "edge" on things in my opinion.

I have seen some very strange things happen from one draw to next...like the exact same numbers drawn or at least two of the numbers drawn for several draws in a row. What are the odds of this??? Just something to ponder over.

L.L.

"If the state uses the same method for both, then I'll play 'em. I honestly believe this is where the biggest problem lies with computer draws. Why use two styles when one or the other will suffice? It's just another way for them to maintain an "edge" on things in my opinion."

And that may well be the case, but I personally would like to have the option. My state uses computer drawings for both drawings, I seldom play anymore. If I had an option of playing either midday or evening because one of them were still ball drawn, I would be a much happier camper. At least PA has multiple options if a person doesn't like one type of drawing or the other. And unless you track your midday and evening games together, it shouldn't affect your game play.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2010, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

It's Illinois so it's rigged...

ALL the games here are balls. Nothing computerized yet.

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: March 23, 2010, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

ALL the games here are balls. Nothing computerized yet.

There's a lot of posters on here who say they can rig ping pong balls..them are the loser posters..the ones who win never complain about it..wonder why that is?..

Horwood NL
                            Canada
                            Member #70613
                            February 6, 2009
                            296 Posts
                            Posted: March 24, 2010, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Lottery terminals are computers . My computer remembers everything I put in it including what I have deleted . So there computers remember every set of numbers entered QP or not . A total of each individual number is readily available . Therefore it is posible to to fix the outcome on a ball machine or a computer drawn unit to suit their needs .

Thats the way I see it . But I'm a sucker for punishment . I still play and HOPE .

Croatia
                              Member #88723
                              March 22, 2010
                              13 Posts
                              Posted: March 24, 2010, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

No way, balls can't be rigged. Period.