Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Forgot to give a gift ticket and it won now what?

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 7 years ago by sully16.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

The gift ticket you forgot to give your friend has won big what would you do?

Break the speed limit to your friend's house. [ 8 ]  [13.11%]
Don't mention it. [ 29 ]  [47.54%]
Give a gift of equal value, like a picture of you. [ 4 ]  [6.56%]
Split it, give 50% to your friend. [ 12 ]  [19.67%]
Give what you hoped it would win. [ 2 ]  [3.28%]
Give 10% to your friend. [ 3 ]  [4.92%]
Pick up a round more often. [ 2 ]  [3.28%]
Give 90% to your friend. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Give it to the church. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Tear them up. [ 1 ]  [1.64%]
Total Valid Votes [ 61 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1654 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Decide how much of a gift you would normally give this friend, any other time - then do it.   No more, no less.

ps - by the way, am I that friend, Bob?

Green laugh

What is considered a "normal" gift of something you've never had...such as a lotto jackpot? I'm just asking.

L.L.

New York,
    Panama
    Member #73078
    April 4, 2009
    3490 Posts
    Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

What is considered a "normal" gift of something you've never had...such as a lotto jackpot? I'm just asking.

L.L.

AAmmmH Lucky L....Please don't even bother!!1!  Now Let's handle our Business...Lucky??? where is the metal??? I am waiting you said...come on Lucky I know you can!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1654 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

No Nod So You can't do much with ($150,000,000.) Dollars One Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars!!! Greed is indeed an Ugly thing!!!

He might be only kidding, 'Rosie. Then again, none of us really know each other except in this cyber world. Where there are no trials there is no trust. Trials develop trust...trust develops the bond. There are no bonds here so don't fool yourself into trusting anyone. Just my .02.

L.L.

Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1654 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

AAmmmH Lucky L....Please don't even bother!!1!  Now Let's handle our Business...Lucky??? where is the metal??? I am waiting you said...come on Lucky I know you can!

Oh, I am. I wish there was a "Copper" membership because I've been told that I'm really not as sharp as I seem to be. I really like be "lowly" in nature...you know, just a little weed amongst all the flowers. It's so much better this way.

L.L.

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

He might be only kidding, 'Rosie. Then again, none of us really know each other except in this cyber world. Where there are no trials there is no trust. Trials develop trust...trust develops the bond. There are no bonds here so don't fool yourself into trusting anyone. Just my .02.

L.L.

Lucky. Optimistic Fool that I am!! You maybe  right...Still out of the abundance of the heart the fingers write what the heart feels! and thus I get to peek into the heart, and find out something about the writer! where his or her heart is!! Not everything but enough!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Oh, I am. I wish there was a "Copper" membership because I've been told that I'm really not as sharp as I seem to be. I really like be "lowly" in nature...you know, just a little weed amongst all the flowers. It's so much better this way.

L.L.

Luckyyyyyy!.. now you better than anyone know that what another person's opinion about you is! It's nothing compare to what you know about yourself!!! and you are definetly no "copper" So come shine  "Golden MaN!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34522 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Luckyyyyyy!.. now you better than anyone know that what another person's opinion about you is! It's nothing compare to what you know about yourself!!! and you are definetly no "copper" So come shine  "Golden MaN!!!

Nobody going to share nothing here!!  I would if I won Big!! it's the right thing to do!! people are stingy here you know it as well as I do!!!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1654 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Golden does have a nice ring to it...Thumbs Up Gotta go...it's about to go down for the midday draws!!

L.L.

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2010, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Nobody going to share nothing here!!  I would if I won Big!! it's the right thing to do!! people are stingy here you know it as well as I do!!!

Well marcie! It sure looking that way!!!  Let's jus hope that not all, Please GOD?!!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2010, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

This might be a hypothetical situation but let's suppose it is real.   For whatever reason, the ticket(s) were forgotten.  He spent at least $1 and possibly more for a gift.  Most likely a numbers game and not a scratch-off.  How would you know if a scratch-off won big?  You wouldn't scratch a "gift" lottery.   A scratch-off can be given today, tomorrow, next week.   But a numbers game is timely and you would see it when it was drawn.  It is timely.  So, the friend missed the opportune moment - though apparently not his fault.  Just a case of bad luck involving the lottery.  Happens all the time.  Forget about that ticket. 

What I meant by a "normal" gift,  if you usually spend $10 for a gift for that friend, just go and spend the same $10.  (Could even be new lottery tickets).   That winning ticket becomes yours through the chain of events that happened.  All kinds of things happen when you forget something.  You go through a red light, cause an accident.  You can't make that go away, instead you deal with the circumstances at hand.  Same with the intention of a gift lottery ticket.  Suppose it was a loser, would you still give it as a gift?  In this case you inherit a winning ticket and move on.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34522 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Seriously, if I gave a ticket as a gift, and it was a winning ticket. I wouldn't feel bad, but I would only do that for my husband. (If it is a scratch ticket), because I know his is going to share it with me anyhow. I have done it for people that is close to me for there Birthday! My daughter my friend.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19897 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

The gift lottery tickets you forgot to give have morphed into a big win, and no one but you knows you bought them to be a gift for your friend.    What would you do with the winnings?

The ticket doesn't become a gift until it's given. 

Lottery tickets are given as gift because they are cheap and have potential values of great amounts.  If you intended to give your friend a gift of great value, you wouldn't have bought a lottery ticket.  Now that the ticket has morphed into a big win, why would your change your original intentions? 

With those winnings you can afford a gift that worth more than the price of a lottery ticket or you can just buy another lottery ticket.  After all, it's not the value of the gift that counts, it the thought. Thumbs Up

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                          Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20233 Posts
                          Posted: April 24, 2010, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

The gift lottery tickets you forgot to give have morphed into a big win, and no one but you knows you bought them to be a gift for your friend.    What would you do with the winnings?

Don't mention it...!

If you don't want (1) one friend less...!    I would splurge for dinner or a Sports game.

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: April 24, 2010, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

PROBLEM SOLVED..Never buy a lottrey ticket as a gift for a friend or relative..

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                              Member #88435
                              March 16, 2010
                              397 Posts
                              Posted: April 24, 2010, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Buy them/make something that is meaningful to you and them...give from the heart.

$1,000,000