Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Be Proud...

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
Member #88435
March 16, 2010
397 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2010, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking that this whole "claim anonymously" paranoia is BS. I want to be happy about this, I don't care if my name, picture, hometown and state are given...I won, I am going to enjoy this. I don't fear winning the lottery, why should I? It is all about being smart and using common sense. If you worry about winning and what is going to happen...then you don't need to be playing the lottery. Be proud, stand tall and grab that jackpot with respect. Smiley

If you really want it...you have nothing to fear. Just be smart. Thumbs Up

US Flag

GodBlessAmerica!

$1,000,000

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10347 Posts
    Posted: April 26, 2010, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

THRUST,

From what has been shown on The Lottery Changed My Life and The Curse of the Lottery, I don't think any jackpot winner who remained anonymous has regretted it, but there certainly have been some people who did not remain anonymous regret it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
      Member #88435
      March 16, 2010
      397 Posts
      Posted: April 26, 2010, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

^

The problem is with them, not the fame or money. If you have problems with yourself...then you are going to still have them with fame and money. I have never heard from a person who has claimed and stayed anonymous...so I don't know...I have known millionaires who are famous in my community and they are fine. The lottery is not a curse, one makes it that way with their thinking and actions. 

$1,000,000

United States
        Member #61232
        May 16, 2008
        126 Posts
        Posted: April 26, 2010, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking that this whole "claim anonymously" paranoia is BS. I want to be happy about this, I don't care if my name, picture, hometown and state are given...I won, I am going to enjoy this. I don't fear winning the lottery, why should I? It is all about being smart and using common sense. If you worry about winning and what is going to happen...then you don't need to be playing the lottery. Be proud, stand tall and grab that jackpot with respect. Smiley

If you really want it...you have nothing to fear. Just be smart. Thumbs Up

US Flag

GodBlessAmerica!

Living in the public eye isn't for everyone.  I'm a private person and prefer to keep it that way and I buy my tickets in a state that allows anonymity for that very reason.  

If given the opportunity I'll claim it on my terms and I'm sure you'll do the same.  Cheers

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: April 26, 2010, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

^

The problem is with them, not the fame or money. If you have problems with yourself...then you are going to still have them with fame and money. I have never heard from a person who has claimed and stayed anonymous...so I don't know...I have known millionaires who are famous in my community and they are fine. The lottery is not a curse, one makes it that way with their thinking and actions. 

I Agree!Thumbs UpSmileySun SmileySee Ya!Mail For YouHippyI Agree!Does that mean I agree????!!!   Yes!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
            Member #88435
            March 16, 2010
            397 Posts
            Posted: April 26, 2010, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Living in the public eye isn't for everyone.  I'm a private person and prefer to keep it that way and I buy my tickets in a state that allows anonymity for that very reason.  

If given the opportunity I'll claim it on my terms and I'm sure you'll do the same.  Cheers

No matter how private you are winning a big jackpot will change things no matter how anonymous you try to be...the general public may not know but people close to you will...like family, friends & neighbors. Once the genie is out the bottle your normal life is over. I choose to embrace it...but you do what you gotta do. Thumbs Up

$1,000,000

United States
              Member #61232
              May 16, 2008
              126 Posts
              Posted: April 26, 2010, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

No matter how private you are winning a big jackpot will change things no matter how anonymous you try to be...the general public may not know but people close to you will...like family, friends & neighbors. Once the genie is out the bottle your normal life is over. I choose to embrace it...but you do what you gotta do. Thumbs Up

You obviously don't know me very well.  Cool

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                Member #88435
                March 16, 2010
                397 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2010, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

You obviously don't know me very well.  Cool

More power to you then.

Cheers

$1,000,000

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2010, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I'll be loud and proud LOL........then I'll move and change my looks : )

Norfolk,VA
                    United States
                    Member #83225
                    December 2, 2009
                    757 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2010, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Thumbs UpSmileySun SmileySee Ya!Mail For YouHippyI Agree!Does that mean I agree????!!!   Yes!!!

Thumbs Up +2

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2010, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Thrust, I can understand what you're getting at in terms of being all happy and proud. But, there is a much bigger picture than just dealing with family and friends. You know, there are people out there that "plan" for people like lottery winners... if you follow me. If you put all your business out there, then the wrong people have an easy target to stake and you will be staked out by some jealous, broke, thief.

You won't know when you're being followed or if you'll get "jacked"...all of these are high possibilities already without th added exposure. I'm not saying not to be proud but, just be proud "smartly." You really don't know what you're asking for when you say that you just don't care or who knows and who sees that's it's you. Even if the thieves don't get very much out of you, they'll get rid of you out of spite because "they" can't enjoy all that money, too.

It's a bad world out there with some real bad folk. God blessed us with common sense and we have an obligation to therefore use it. I'd want you and anyone else to enjoy the new found wealth in its' fullest but, there's a right and a wrong way to do everything. Repercussions or rewards follow all of our actions. Just my .02.

L.L.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                        Member #88435
                        March 16, 2010
                        397 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2010, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

^

I said be smart and use common sense...or did you miss that? I am not going to worry about some jealous thieves, my security firm will worry about them and my lawyers. Smiley

It may be a bad world to you...but I live in a good and loving world. Sun Smiley

$1,000,000

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10347 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

THRUST,

If it was truley a good and loving world financial planners wouldn't advise jackpot winners to take out at least $1 million in Kidnap & Ransom policies.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                            Member #88435
                            March 16, 2010
                            397 Posts
                            Posted: April 27, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

LOL Ok...what part of be smart and use common sense do people not get? Of course you take the steps needed to secure your money, yourself and anyone you care about...all I am saying is people seems to dwell on the negative instead of keeping positive. 

I choose to live in a good and loving world and anyone else can choose not to, I really don't care...all I know is I am going to enjoy my winnings.

Scared money never wins and scared people are never happy. I choose to be happy. Sun Smiley

$1,000,000

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                              CA
                              United States
                              Member #57222
                              December 23, 2007
                              587 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2010, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Thrust,

If you claim your winnings anonymously, you wont have to worry about securty teams and attorneys.  There are countless multimillionairs out there that exists whom people have never even heard of.  Just because some people see the world through realistic eyes, doesnt mean they will not be able to enjoy their winnings or be happy with the world NOT knowing that they are lottery winners.

I remember watching  one of the Lottery changed my life, and the girl complains about jealous friends and stalkers lurking around her home so much that she had to move,--- Then she is dumb enough to go on TELEVISION and not only tells the world what city she moved to, she shows her new home.  Talk about not playing smart.