Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Be Proud...

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Guru101.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2010, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Thrust,

If you claim your winnings anonymously, you wont have to worry about securty teams and attorneys.  There are countless multimillionairs out there that exists whom people have never even heard of.  Just because some people see the world through realistic eyes, doesnt mean they will not be able to enjoy their winnings or be happy with the world NOT knowing that they are lottery winners.

I remember watching  one of the Lottery changed my life, and the girl complains about jealous friends and stalkers lurking around her home so much that she had to move,--- Then she is dumb enough to go on TELEVISION and not only tells the world what city she moved to, she shows her new home.  Talk about not playing smart.

LOL!!! This is exactly what I was getting at. Security teams and attorneys cost BIG MONEY especially when they're working around the clock. Okay, so a person has the money to spend on such ammenities. My thing is why do such nonsense when you don't have to? Keep quiet and be confindential and then there is no need to seek all this unwarranted protection...it's a waste of money.

The girl you mention here has absolutely no common sense. She may actually feel "unimportant" if noone knows that she's a high roller through the lottery. IDK.

L.L.

Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2010, 10:52 am - IP Logged

LOL!!! This is exactly what I was getting at. Security teams and attorneys cost BIG MONEY especially when they're working around the clock. Okay, so a person has the money to spend on such ammenities. My thing is why do such nonsense when you don't have to? Keep quiet and be confindential and then there is no need to seek all this unwarranted protection...it's a waste of money.

The girl you mention here has absolutely no common sense. She may actually feel "unimportant" if noone knows that she's a high roller through the lottery. IDK.

L.L.

In the interest of not knowing if Thrust is male or female, allow me to clear something up. In my last post, the "girl" I'm referring to is the actual lottery winner with all the issues...and not Thrust. Just so you know, okay.LOL

L.L.

md
      United States
      Member #14047
      April 20, 2005
      579 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2010, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

THRUST,

From what has been shown on The Lottery Changed My Life and The Curse of the Lottery, I don't think any jackpot winner who remained anonymous has regretted it, but there certainly have been some people who did not remain anonymous regret it.

Coin Toss - well spoken.  The proof of the pudding is in the pudding. Its not like remaining anonyomous and living smart and enjoying privacy is going to attack yo, plot agains you, beg you to death, and spew negativity on.  But being publicly known sets you up as the Patron Saint of the Needy of YOUR JACKPOT!!!!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2010, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

If she moved to a gated community of wealthy people then everyone would assume she had some wealth, but that would be true about all her neighbors too.  Even if people knew she lived there they couldn't come into the community if they didn't live there or had permission to be there.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
          Member #88435
          March 16, 2010
          397 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2010, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Thrust,

If you claim your winnings anonymously, you wont have to worry about securty teams and attorneys.  There are countless multimillionairs out there that exists whom people have never even heard of.  Just because some people see the world through realistic eyes, doesnt mean they will not be able to enjoy their winnings or be happy with the world NOT knowing that they are lottery winners.

I remember watching  one of the Lottery changed my life, and the girl complains about jealous friends and stalkers lurking around her home so much that she had to move,--- Then she is dumb enough to go on TELEVISION and not only tells the world what city she moved to, she shows her new home.  Talk about not playing smart.

You can't claim it anonymously in every state or with a trust. To think no one is going to know you don't have money is silly...unless you dress like a bum and live in a shack...drive a crappy car. You have millions and one would assume you would buy nice things and people close to you are going to know...and some of those people could be worse than strangers. The people who go on TV with horror stories are just looking for more attention and more money...and they are not me. If you want to claim it anonymously go ahead. If you have millions...you are going to need an attorney or 2...I hate to break it to you. Smiley

$1,000,000

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
            Member #88435
            March 16, 2010
            397 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2010, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

It is my money I can do what I <snip> well please. I just know I won't lose any sleep at night.

Cool

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

$1,000,000

United States
              Member #61232
              May 16, 2008
              126 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2010, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

You can't claim it anonymously in every state or with a trust. To think no one is going to know you don't have money is silly...unless you dress like a bum and live in a shack...drive a crappy car. You have millions and one would assume you would buy nice things and people close to you are going to know...and some of those people could be worse than strangers. The people who go on TV with horror stories are just looking for more attention and more money...and they are not me. If you want to claim it anonymously go ahead. If you have millions...you are going to need an attorney or 2...I hate to break it to you. Smiley

I see no reason to put yourself in the public spotlight if you legally don't have to.  It's not about being scared, it's about doing the right thing for yourself and family.  The right thing for you may not be the right thing for everyone.

People will obviously know you've come into money if you drastically change your lifestyle.  But what about those that already have a few "nice" things without winning the lottery?  Their friends and family already know they have money, they just don't really know how much, and it's none of their business.

I'm not planning on any drastic changes to my lifestyle.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                Member #88435
                March 16, 2010
                397 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2010, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I see no reason to put yourself in the public spotlight if you legally don't have to.  It's not about being scared, it's about doing the right thing for yourself and family.  The right thing for you may not be the right thing for everyone.

People will obviously know you've come into money if you drastically change your lifestyle.  But what about those that already have a few "nice" things without winning the lottery?  Their friends and family already know they have money, they just don't really know how much, and it's none of their business.

If one already has a nice life style, why gamble? Financial security you can do on your own through saving if you already are living a nice life. If you don't manage your money well then now, then you won't be able to handle millions more.

Like I said, you do what you gotta do and I will do what I gotta do. Some people make the lottery out to be a curse and having that much money is bad...it isn't...it is what ever you make it. I just want people to be more positive that is all...I guess this concept is lost on some people.

$1,000,000

United States
                  Member #61232
                  May 16, 2008
                  126 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2010, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

If one already has a nice life style, why gamble? Financial security you can do on your own through saving if you already are living a nice life. If you don't manage your money well then now, then you won't be able to handle millions more.

Like I said, you do what you gotta do and I will do what I gotta do. Some people make the lottery out to be a curse and having that much money is bad...it isn't...it is what ever you make it. I just want people to be more positive that is all...I guess this concept is lost on some people.

Why not gamble and save at the same time?  I wouldn't say someone who gambles a small portion of their disposable income while still saving is bad at managing money.

IMHO, I don't think people are being all that negative with the anonymous issue.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    Santa Ana
                    United States
                    Member #71159
                    February 20, 2009
                    651 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2010, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking that this whole "claim anonymously" paranoia is BS. I want to be happy about this, I don't care if my name, picture, hometown and state are given...I won, I am going to enjoy this. I don't fear winning the lottery, why should I? It is all about being smart and using common sense. If you worry about winning and what is going to happen...then you don't need to be playing the lottery. Be proud, stand tall and grab that jackpot with respect. Smiley

If you really want it...you have nothing to fear. Just be smart. Thumbs Up

US Flag

GodBlessAmerica!

I totally agree--it seems we have more people afraid of "their" own shadows lately for fear of "what may or may not happen" to lead them to perhaps claim anonymously. It is all about being wise and smart--if you win the lottery, enjoy the moment for what it is.  Why hide the fact that you won--be proud, excited and blessed that it happen;

I know I will because I know GOD HAS FINALLY ANSWERED MY PRAYERPartyGOOD LUCK EVERYONE @ LP

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1648 Posts
                      Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:25 am - IP Logged

If she moved to a gated community of wealthy people then everyone would assume she had some wealth, but that would be true about all her neighbors too.  Even if people knew she lived there they couldn't come into the community if they didn't live there or had permission to be there.

This is a good point and will work as you have described. However, I'm thinking more of once a person is out and about...and known for winning all that money. A few years ago, a very wealthy lady went to a local mall to do some shopping. When she came out, a couple of guys robbed her and actually CUT HER FINGER OFF which had a HUGE DIAMOND on it.

Things of this nature already occur haphazardly, let alone from people knowing you come into huge sums of money. I'm just trying to point out how it's better to simply "chill" with all that broadcasting your, "Yeah, I hit!!!" business. Sometimes, people take constructive admonishing all the wrong way. I was only giving sound avice.

L.L.

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1648 Posts
                        Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:26 am - IP Logged

It is my money I can do what I <snip> well please. I just know I won't lose any sleep at night.

Cool

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

You're right, Thrust. I agree with you 100%Thumbs Up

L.L.

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #86154
                          January 30, 2010
                          1648 Posts
                          Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:33 am - IP Logged

You said it. Drastic changes will always draw lots of attention. It's like losing weight. If you lose a little at a time, people will notice but, admire you for your "work" and "dedication" to doing so well. But, to go from 300lbs. to 150lbs. in a week will make people wonder and approach you with inquiries and "nosey-ness" about how you did it.

To each their own...I'm hopeful that anybody can win but, I curious to how they'll handle the aftermath thereof.

L.L.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5114 Posts
                            Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking that this whole "claim anonymously" paranoia is BS. I want to be happy about this, I don't care if my name, picture, hometown and state are given...I won, I am going to enjoy this. I don't fear winning the lottery, why should I? It is all about being smart and using common sense. If you worry about winning and what is going to happen...then you don't need to be playing the lottery. Be proud, stand tall and grab that jackpot with respect. Smiley

If you really want it...you have nothing to fear. Just be smart. Thumbs Up

US Flag

GodBlessAmerica!

after 189 post>>>>>>>>>>>>>psyko >>>>is PROUD oFF ALL 189 POST>>>>PSYKO has made on LP!!!!

L@@K "@@" >>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO>>>I'm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>proud>>L@@K@Meeee!!!!

thank"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PartyDancePartyCryingJack-in-the-BoxCryingSmash>>>>>>>>>>psyko get's<<NO RESPECT!!!!!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5114 Posts
                              Posted: April 28, 2010, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

she must live in a condom RJOh>>>??

on D road we PAY 2 park EVERYWHERE<<<<<<BUT>>we DO>take>>>>>>

andavandage of WALMART>>>>>>>>when<D>BUS want's 2 stop>QUICK!!

THANK'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>WAL>MART 4>UR >LOTTTTTTTTTT!!

PartyUS FlagPartyUS FlagPartyUS FlagWhite BounceWhite BounceJack-in-the-Box