Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jackpot or 16 Again

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 7 years ago by jacal5.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you rather win a sizeable Jackpot or be 16 again.

Jackpot [ 39 ]  [67.24%]
16 Again [ 19 ]  [32.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 58 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: May 12, 2010, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, The whole point is that I would have the best of both worlds!!  The money and the looks of a 16 year old  with good surgery! and the feel of a 16 year old with a great holistic program! Which would not be hard since I am not ancient to start with!!! LoL like some one I know!!! LoLo  sorry Tiggs could not resist!! 

You mean ridge?...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: May 12, 2010, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs, The whole point is that I would have the best of both worlds!!  The money and the looks of a 16 year old  with good surgery! and the feel of a 16 year old with a great holistic program! Which would not be hard since I am not ancient to start with!!! LoL like some one I know!!! LoLo  sorry Tiggs could not resist!! 

Tiggs has shoes that are older than most of the members here.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      CA
      United States
      Member #57222
      December 23, 2007
      587 Posts
      Posted: May 12, 2010, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I'd be 16 again if I could retain the knowlegde I have now, money wouldn't be an issue. and, I would have a healthier lifestyle.

Guess i'm one of those people who would rather not think about "back then."  I don't want to go back 1 year much less  30.  if I would have used the knowlege I have now  I would be in a higher income bracket, but chances are, I would have taken a totally different life path and not be as happy.  Naw, i'd rather keep my age and take the current  hope for a jackpot.

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: May 12, 2010, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

It's not how Old You Look: It's How Old You Feel!

Then I must be older than space.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: May 12, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Then I must be older than space.

How was the singularity? Was he a nice person?

susscs's avatar - hani
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #89371
            April 6, 2010
            191 Posts
            Posted: May 12, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I agree I would just take the current Jack Pot, I don't want nor need to be 16 again.

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
              Northern Virginia
              United States
              Member #83350
              December 5, 2009
              1315 Posts
              Posted: May 12, 2010, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Seeing as I was 16 in 2002, going back in time would not do me any good. I also would not be able to afford the trip in the time machine because I am a measly college student. I would not be able to afford it next year either because, in all probability, I would be an underpaid Latin teacher.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: May 12, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Seeing as I was 16 in 2002, going back in time would not do me any good. I also would not be able to afford the trip in the time machine because I am a measly college student. I would not be able to afford it next year either because, in all probability, I would be an underpaid Latin teacher.

Crede quod habes, et habes.

Cogito sumere potum alterum.

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40422 Posts
                  Posted: May 12, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Crede quod habes, et habes.

Cogito sumere potum alterum.

yep,Hyper        what does that mean?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

CA
                    United States
                    Member #84266
                    December 26, 2009
                    410 Posts
                    Posted: May 13, 2010, 12:42 am - IP Logged

I can have both options, sort of. I would have all the winning numbers written down or saved in a flash drive so when I go back into the past, I'll know what numbers to play.

Exactly what Biff did in Back to the Future. Except he bet on sports.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1953 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2010, 2:09 am - IP Logged

I can have both options, sort of. I would have all the winning numbers written down or saved in a flash drive so when I go back into the past, I'll know what numbers to play.

Exactly what Biff did in Back to the Future. Except he bet on sports.

Don't forget about the butterfly effect. You would probably be better off betting on sports if you went back in time.

Gonna win.Big Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: May 13, 2010, 2:50 am - IP Logged

yep,Hyper        what does that mean?

Crede quod habes, et habes -  Believe that you have it and you do.

Cogito sumere potum alterum -  I think I'll have another drink.

--Edmund Burke

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2010, 2:53 am - IP Logged

Why should sports work any better? Since you weren't there the first time around things will obviously be different the second time around. The only question is how different. Not that there's any way to be certain, but it's a pretty safe bet that things would be different enough that betting on sports would be far from a sure thing. General trends might be a pretty safe bet, so doing very well in the stock market might be very likely.

The more important detail that we don't have, is how much knowledge you'd take back with you. Will you be 16 with the knowledge (and wisdom) you have now, would you retain your basic knowledge but not know the (future) history, or would you return with essentially the same knowledge as all the other 16 year olds?

Even assuming the latter, what's the downside of going back and being 16 again? Depending on how old you are now you get to add 10, 20, maybe 40 years to your life. Many of those years get added to the prime of your life, instead of the end of your life. Is there any reason to think things wouldn't be just as good the 2nd time around? From a purely selfish point of view there seems to be a lot of potential upside.

Of course it would mean giving up whatever you've got now, and also taking whatever you give to others. That means it comes down to what you have to live for here and now compared to what you might have to live for then. If you don't have obligations and don't have good reason to expect that you've done much better than you should have expected to, in many ways you'd literally be deciding on the opportunity of a lifetime.

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                            Member #55246
                            September 20, 2007
                            225 Posts
                            Posted: May 13, 2010, 10:55 am - IP Logged

16 again- only if I am allowed to bring something - like Todd's Almanac.

jokingWink

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                              Republic of Texas
                              United States
                              Member #57557
                              January 9, 2008
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: May 14, 2010, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Why the heck would anyone want to be 16 again? You can't vote, you can't drink (legally), and you look like a kid trying too hard to be an adult. Ponder

With the money and a good plastic surgeon, you can look as young as you want.  You are as young as you act, and if you are active and take care of yourself, you will always be young.  I can tell you, I am hitting the big Five-Oh later this year, but I don't feel it, and I sure as heck don't act it! Sun Smiley

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner