Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Self Made Milionaires VS Lottery Made Millions.

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 7 years ago by GYM RICE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
CA
United States
Member #84266
December 26, 2009
410 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2010, 2:59 am - IP Logged

What are your thoughts on self made millionaires and lottery made millionaires?

I personally don't know or met any millionaires but I would imagine that the self made millionaires are the snotty snooty ones in Beverly Hills where as the lottery made millionaires are the more down to earth people since they have never experienced such great wealth before. Now I'm not saying all self made millionaires are like that because there are always bad apples in any given tree. It's just one tree that has more bad apples. However I do respect the people who work hard to get to where they are but don't brag or be snooty about it.

IMO there are two kinds of lottery made millionaires out there. There is the wise person who has worked hard their whole lives but were dealt bad hands by the powers that be. Those are the kind of people who know the value of money and how hard it is to come by so they spend wisely. On the other hand there are the idiots who don't know the value of money so they blow it all on stupid things. We've all heard the stories about these people and how they say they wish it never happened.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
    Member #32537
    February 12, 2006
    698 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2010, 4:36 am - IP Logged

i know one born uber rich, jerks call them born with a silver spoon in their mouth

and just handed ever thing they wanted, they turned out better then i say 90% people of this nation,

nice guy

now for lotto winner's,  i tell you why a lot go broke,

its not the money itself

its their stupidity

Stupidity is a lack of intelligence

they was born stupid and you can't fix stupid with a drug pill or lots of money

giving lots of money to stupid people is like pouring gas onto a fire,

ofc bad things are going to happen

the smart ones you never hear much about on the news

as they 1, hide

smart people have rainy day funds before they won

, they not really that poor, cease no matter what, they made sure they had what they wanted

stupid people think they work hard,but earn little for their time

their just wasteing their time if their not getting anything form their hard work

give a smart person lots of money, it matters not if their born rich or instant rich due to lottery win,

they will thrive with it

its really just 2 kinds of millioners in my book

stupid ones, they don't last

and smart ones, they last

as it turns out, majority of the people of this nation are stupid, and ofc same majority make up the ratio of players in the lotto

hance the bad rep lotto winners may get thanks to dumb people like jack and other winners stories

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
      Member #88435
      March 16, 2010
      397 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2010, 7:18 am - IP Logged

I'd rather be "self-made" and I have met a few "self-made" and "lottery" millionaires...they do what they gotta do you know?

$1,000,000

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2010, 7:25 am - IP Logged

It often doesn't take long for lottery millionaires to become snobs.

Watch "Private chefs of Beverly Hills". Some of those rich people are just plain goofy!

"selling New York" brings up a bunch of snobs.

It just matters who you are inside.

MarkP

md
          United States
          Member #14047
          April 20, 2005
          579 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2010, 8:24 am - IP Logged

What are your thoughts on self made millionaires and lottery made millionaires?

I personally don't know or met any millionaires but I would imagine that the self made millionaires are the snotty snooty ones in Beverly Hills where as the lottery made millionaires are the more down to earth people since they have never experienced such great wealth before. Now I'm not saying all self made millionaires are like that because there are always bad apples in any given tree. It's just one tree that has more bad apples. However I do respect the people who work hard to get to where they are but don't brag or be snooty about it.

IMO there are two kinds of lottery made millionaires out there. There is the wise person who has worked hard their whole lives but were dealt bad hands by the powers that be. Those are the kind of people who know the value of money and how hard it is to come by so they spend wisely. On the other hand there are the idiots who don't know the value of money so they blow it all on stupid things. We've all heard the stories about these people and how they say they wish it never happened.

It really has nothing at all to do with whther you are self made or a lottery winner.  If you didnt and couldnt handle money before you won or made millions, you wont be able to handle it afterwards, unless and this is the exception.  You realise your shortcoming as it relates to money and take the initiative to learn and listen.  As well if you are a "BAD ATTITUDE" person before a windfall you will be a "BAD ATTITUDE" person after you make or win millions. 

You are who you are whther dressed up or dressed down by money.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2010, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Luckily I've always been snooty so winning millions won't have any effect on me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2010, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

There are a few lotto millionaires...There is PB & MM, that´s 2...And there is like: 13 out of the 42 or 38 states that have millionaires lottos above the: 5 million, only like 13...There might be 5 more but is usually like: 1 or 2 million and after taxes you are left with like: 700,000...So there is not a lot of lotto millionaires out there....

i think Millionaires is one of those things that makes the USA great...

and by the way some of you may wonder why i use the word: USA so much instead of U.S because U.S carries a certain image of respect it carries a bigger image/status than USA (at least to me) i cant write everyting i write mention the word: US...is sort of disrespecful....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                Member #88435
                March 16, 2010
                397 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2010, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

As nice as spending a few $1 on tickets and winning a huge jackpot would be...I would rather my creative talents pay-off...like with in a few years I write a book, it sells like Harry Potter or Twilight...movies, video games & action figures...that could lead to billions within a decade or so...while a lotto win could leave one broke within a year because sudden wealth can be a shock...but gradual wealth you can grow in to. Would I rip up a winning MM or PB ticket??? H3llz no! I just feel it personally rewarding to earn wealth rather than it be handed to me.

$1,000,000

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10351 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2010, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it's that cut and dry between the two groups. More like it would all be case by case. The late Sam Walton, founder of Wal Mart, was a millionaire a few times over and drove a 14 year old pick up truck.

I think whether it's self made or via the lotto, the smartest are those who keep the lowest profile.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
                    Member #88435
                    March 16, 2010
                    397 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2010, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

^

It all comes down to staying true to yourself...for better or worse.

$1,000,000

Norfolk,VA
                      United States
                      Member #83225
                      December 2, 2009
                      757 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2010, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it's that cut and dry between the two groups. More like it would all be case by case. The late Sam Walton, founder of Wal Mart, was a millionaire a few times over and drove a 14 year old pick up truck.

I think whether it's self made or via the lotto, the smartest are those who keep the lowest profile.

'' I think whether it's self made or via the lotto,the smartest are those who keep the lowest profile.''

I Agree!

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

CA
                        United States
                        Member #84266
                        December 26, 2009
                        410 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Private Chefs of Beverly Hills was what got me thinking about this topic. I hate snooty b******. Lol.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 31, 2010, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Private Chefs of Beverly Hills was what got me thinking about this topic. I hate snooty b******. Lol.

I bet I'm way snootier than they are. I think that should work in my favor.

I'm well prepared to look down my nose at everybody in case I win.  I've been doing it all my life.

Some people think I'm too snooty for my own good. But they're just peasants. Who cares what they think.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40422 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2010, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I bet I'm way snootier than they are. I think that should work in my favor.

I'm well prepared to look down my nose at everybody in case I win.  I've been doing it all my life.

Some people think I'm too snooty for my own good. But they're just peasants. Who cares what they think.

Green laughwanna borrow my housekeeper? careful though she'll get into the tequila.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40422 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2010, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

on a serious note, I never judge anyone on the amount of money they have nor the lack of money. you can be broke as hell and still be snooty, and vice versa, take each person as they are and forget any $ signs attached to them.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"