Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ever get lottery overload

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Perfecttiming2.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3983 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2010, 3:51 am - IP Logged

With todays lure of winning big money most of us do every thing we can to help us play a better game.

I often become so overwhelmed with all the satatistics and data that I seem to not be able to make any

kind of a decision at all.   Does this kind of thing ever happen to you and if so what do you do to get over

it?  It's almost like a mental block or breakdown of my cognitive reasoning.   Maybe I just need to rest my

mind.  I am a bit manic as often I cannot stop my mind from processing some idea and often wake up in

the middle of the night and grab my calculator and scratch pad and start working on some math problem

that may or may not have anything to do with the lottery.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
    Member #70550
    February 5, 2009
    120 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2010, 6:01 am - IP Logged

RL you do need to rest your mind as you are overflowing it with information that is not doing you any good, thinking of statistics and doing mathematical calculation brings forth the thought of is this really possible especially if the odds of winning is this to that, if you look at the major jackpot winnersand and some winners of amounts lets say from 20,000 and over, none of them have said in their interview that they did calculations of this or that, a lot of them believed they would win and meditated, visualised and had 100% faith in their desire.

I was one who did the calculations and did this sytem or that system and didn't really win anything, but then I found Neville Goddard who in my eyes was one of the original and great law of attraction teachers out there before his death in 1972, he states in many of his books and lectures, he said whatever your heart desires remain in the end state and your desire would become a reality without fail, you have to believe in yourself and the desire and think of it on a daily basis and when the time comes for you to claim this desire you would know as your whole mind, body and soul would be at peace.

I have been following his teaching and practising regular meditation, keeping my mind full of positive thoughts and over the last let say 20 games I have played on the UK lottery or euromillion, I have won in 15,  the amounts haven't been huge,  but at least I made a profit on the majority I had won on and that was all through postive thinking and thinking of the end state.

These people here Cythnia Stattford, Zorina Kroop, Les Scadding, Michael McCray, Andrick Humphreys, Edwina West, Juan Rodriguez, Ryan Magee, Bucky Barlett, Ezequiel Perez just to name a few, a couple or so weren't huge jackpot winners,  but they all believed that they would win and didn't let any statistical thought get in their way that prevented them from achieving that dream of being a winner.

So my advice is to do some meditation to relax your mind and get your mind to focus on what it is you want, ie if you want to be that record breaking jackpot winner, meditate and visulise on the end state, direct a movie in your mind of you finding out you have won, you contacting the lottery office, you being in the press if you would like everyone to know, then seeing yourself living the life you had dreamt of, buying that dream home, going on vacations and doing things you know you can do because you are now rich beyond your wildest dream, you are the actor, the producer and director in your own mind movie, the more you think the more your subconscious mind accept this thought and creates its into a reality but you have to have faith, as negativity is always around the corner.

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2010, 8:30 am - IP Logged

The more information you create, the more decisions you'll have to make.

Yes, take a break, and consolidate your thoughts....lol

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: June 18, 2010, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Oh yes, lottery overload. Good name for it! Well, this can happen with almost anything but whatever your passion is you can tend to become obscessed with it.......in spurts. Put away your calculations for awhile......best advice. Then when you come back to it you will see things with fresh eyes and things will become more clear. Happens to me everytime but, of course, the first step.......... "letting go"...........is the hard part :) Read a book you've been wanting to.........take a walk or some exercise..........watch some great old movies.......do some crossword puzzles........get your mind focused on something else "mental".   

tmead's avatar - IBM Watson_Avatar1.jpg
          NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90464
          April 28, 2010
          735 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2010, 10:44 am - IP Logged

This happens to me all the time. Making decisions require discipline. I use past results as indications on any decision I make, because that is the most logical reasoning. Even with all of the advanced computer programs, data mining, sorted data and automatic back-testing, you have to make the tough call. The odds are stacked against you, the numbers are always teasing you, and to top it off you usually have two houses to play (midday and evening), any sane person will go insane dealing with this business. It's no wonder that 99.9% of people can't break even. And yes I treat it like a business, because I don't believe anything is truly "random".

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2010, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

That's bound to happen once in a while especially if you're playing those daily games.  You update your data and you only have a few hours before the next drawing.  I try to stick with the jackpot games, that way I have 3-4 days to calculate my next move.  Once in a while Ohio RC5(a daily pick5 game) gets a $300K+ jackpot and trying update my data and during my workout can get hectic so I'll just skip playing and hope the jackpot keep rolling until I'm ready to play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2010, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Yes, and that is where I am right now.  So I am going to take a break and tend to my honey bees.  I will prepare a huge pitcher of tea, sit under one of my several hickory trees, and watch my "girls" fly in and out of their hive.

I'll worry about the lottery tomorrow; or maybe not.  Whatever.  Time will tell.   Don't wake me.  Looks like rain.  Oooooo, look!  That cloud reminds me of the number 3.  And that other one looks like a 1.  That's 1-3.  Just one more number.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2010, 12:16 am - IP Logged

is WORSE than going to college and doing college homework....Except that in college you will get a job lottery is not promised....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2010, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Yes, and that is where I am right now.  So I am going to take a break and tend to my honey bees.  I will prepare a huge pitcher of tea, sit under one of my several hickory trees, and watch my "girls" fly in and out of their hive.

I'll worry about the lottery tomorrow; or maybe not.  Whatever.  Time will tell.   Don't wake me.  Looks like rain.  Oooooo, look!  That cloud reminds me of the number 3.  And that other one looks like a 1.  That's 1-3.  Just one more number.

is funny because i believed that if you had people working for you in every college in USA and sold your pitcher with ice tea in 1 year you might make like: $250 Million dollars...What a college payout...

How many college students are there in the USA?? 40 Million??? if: 300,000 college students across the USA bought your lemon drink or ice tea for $3 every 4 days in 1 year it will be: $109 Million dollars PER YEAR....What a college payout....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2010, 1:08 am - IP Logged

is funny because i believed that if you had people working for you in every college in USA and sold your pitcher with ice tea in 1 year you might make like: $250 Million dollars...What a college payout...

How many college students are there in the USA?? 40 Million??? if: 300,000 college students across the USA bought your lemon drink or ice tea for $3 every 4 days in 1 year it will be: $109 Million dollars PER YEAR....What a college payout....

dont mind me....you do it for 2 years, retired you take $100 Million out of the $240 Million that you made, you take: $100 Million invest it somewhere or in the Stock Market (Wall Street) and in 3 years you might make: an extra: $150 Million, so now you have: $240 Million + $150 Million = $400 Million...You then take $200 Million invest it and in: 3 or 4 years you will have an extra: $250 Million...So now you have: $400 Million + $250 Million = $650 Million....What a college retirement...

And about the bussiness you tell the college students that if they buy from you: Pitcher Ice Tea for 1 year: 1 of them will make: $25 Million dollars and the other $85 Million stays with you...Like a: Sweepstake....lol...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10353 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Kind of a parallel to "lottery overload". In Vegas we used to joke about some dice players who actually could not lie down and go to sleep because they just new that somewhere in town a hot roll was happening on some table.

Remember that Twilight Zone with the slot machine that was chasing the guy (that's what he saw) and kept calling his name?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3983 Posts
                        Posted: June 19, 2010, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Kind of a parallel to "lottery overload". In Vegas we used to joke about some dice players who actually could not lie down and go to sleep because they just new that somewhere in town a hot roll was happening on some table.

Remember that Twilight Zone with the slot machine that was chasing the guy (that's what he saw) and kept calling his name?

Coin Toss

I love the old TZ shows and that was a good one.  For me I think I was born with this problem, any thing that I can't

understand or figure out haunts me until I do.  When I was a child I lived on a farm and there was this concrete pad

out behind a shead.  Most farmers make use of  anything laying around and for this pad they had placed a metal

ring in the concrete with a part of it exposed for some sort of tie point.  Only about ten inches of the ring was exposed

and this drove me almost mad,  I had to know how big the part I was unable to see was.  Long story made short, I

came up with a way to calculate it's size and found out many years later some other person must of lived on that

very same farm cause he came up with the same calculation i used.  3.14

RL       

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: June 19, 2010, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss

I love the old TZ shows and that was a good one.  For me I think I was born with this problem, any thing that I can't

understand or figure out haunts me until I do.  When I was a child I lived on a farm and there was this concrete pad

out behind a shead.  Most farmers make use of  anything laying around and for this pad they had placed a metal

ring in the concrete with a part of it exposed for some sort of tie point.  Only about ten inches of the ring was exposed

and this drove me almost mad,  I had to know how big the part I was unable to see was.  Long story made short, I

came up with a way to calculate it's size and found out many years later some other person must of lived on that

very same farm cause he came up with the same calculation i used.  3.14

RL       

RL,..I saw this Post and had to say, I Think I was borne in Love, I'm in Love with the Numbers, Yet,  I keep it in Perspective by Loving HE who created and made the digits in the first place!!! 

I am in AWE of Almighty GOD who created Numbers!!! It's fascinating to me. 

Then when I do my workouts I don'tlook at anyone elses, I go with the results and my gut feeling And Ihave Fun!!! Sometimes I think My LP family might be saying..."thiswoman is crazy".. But I am just having fun! 

If you do this you will have an unclottered mind with all the aditional  Systems Informations, Strategy, Dreams,  and the rest! 

Thrust Almighty GOD who madethe numbers, and then go with what You! have! That is all we can do;cero tolerance for anxiety, fear, doubt, stay positive!  The maine thingis to have fun! 

Once in a while I do look atsome Systems information from my Fellow LP members  but I stay closeto home!  Otherwise it can become obsessive!!!

I hope this was of some help! If not forget this and keep it moving!!..LoL..

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40571 Posts
                            Posted: June 19, 2010, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

sometimes I get overloaded I'll just take a break.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
                              Member #68609
                              December 26, 2008
                              2204 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2010, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

overload will happen with continous losses, all it takes is one win and overload immediately disappears:)

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future