Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How The Winners, Not Numbers, Are Picked. A Theorem.

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

If the numbers generated by the RNG are truly random, the possibility for duplicate QP numbers would have to exist whether generated centrally or locally, no?

It would be interesting to know if QP's have split JP's though.

Yup.

Here you go:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 02, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 05 - 09 - 10 - 18 - 34

PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
    INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            2
 EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE           $112,500.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

101533    MARATHON                    (QP)
                 3033 W 147TH ST
                 POSEN/60469

190587    MY MART CITGO               (QP)
                 5726 N NAGLE AVE
                 CHICAGO/60646

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Re: Scratchers. the Illinois Lottery made a documentary about the lottery, security, inegrity of the games, etc. On the portion about scratchers, at least according to this documentary, no one knows where the winners go.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2010, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Yup.

Here you go:

3033 W 147TH ST
                     POSEN/60469

5726 N NAGLE AVE
                     CHICAGO/60646

Re: Scratchers. the Illinois Lottery made a documentary about the lottery, security, inegrity of the games, etc. On the portion about scratchers, at least according to this documentary, no one knows where the winners go.

And there it is, thanks Coin!

Makes me wonder now if it's ever happened in MM or PB. Anybody know?

(I'm not too lazy to research it, just too stupid)

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #49980
      February 21, 2007
      34126 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2010, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

It's nothing but luck..Winners are happy and losers complain it's as simple as that..

Yes Nod

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19823 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2010, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Yup.

Here you go:

3033 W 147TH ST
                         POSEN/60469

5726 N NAGLE AVE
                         CHICAGO/60646

Since security has to have that information to verify the winners' tickets, it's available somewhere and if someone in security is dishonest, they can find it.  That what the security person at the Indiana lottery did a few years ago.  His buddies who went to the town to buy the whole roll of tickets got caught and told on him.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2010, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Interesting.

Thanks for the honest replies. I don’t know either about how things are done but somehow and someway the QP’s printed are of record to validate winners at the Central Office.

So if they are generated locally, then a report has to go the CO.

If they originate from the CO in packets, then that would confirm what was observed by some players who had identical QP’s for the same game. Are we just under the impression that the QP’s are all the combinations if enough tickets are sold, without repeats? Another white shoes and belt conspiracy? I am not sure how many duplicate QP's were observed from the same geographical area, for the same draw. QP's fly out of the printers here but betslips selections print slow.

Side note: my last QP’s failed. I know when I’m licked,….. all over.

DD

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3693 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2010, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm going out on a limb here because I didnt get any info directly from the New York State Lottery commision, but some things are obvious.

Whether I buy a QP or use a play slip, the transaction will be recorded in a database stored on a central sever.  The local terminal might be the source of the numbers of a QP, but it has to report the transaction to the central office. The same would be true if I used a play slip.

The morning after each drawing, the NY Lottery's website is updated with a press release.  It details the number of winners for all prize tiers, the dollar amounts won, and where the winning jackpot ticket(s) were sold. That says the information sent would be (at a minimum) the name/address of retailer, the date, the  numbers played or generated and the type of transaction. (QP, FP or play slip) 

For instance it would show: 1 jackpot winner for $75,000, purchased at Joe's Deli in Queens, followed by the letters "QP" or "FP" (if the winner was a Free Play).  Non-QP and non-FP winners have no notation after the name of the retailer.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2010, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

And there it is, thanks Coin!

Makes me wonder now if it's ever happened in MM or PB. Anybody know?

(I'm not too lazy to research it, just too stupid)

Wow ridge you admit it?..Don't be ashamed hang in there..

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2010, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Since security has to have that information to verify the winners' tickets, it's available somewhere and if someone in security is dishonest, they can find it.  That what the security person at the Indiana lottery did a few years ago.  His buddies who went to the town to buy the whole roll of tickets got caught and told on him.

Distribution is not random

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2010, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Wow ridge you admit it?..Don't be ashamed hang in there..

Yeah, I think I got the stupid gene through osmosis.

I'm not that far from the Kentucky line, ya know.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2010, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I think I got the stupid gene through osmosis.

I'm not that far from the Kentucky line, ya know.

Yah step over the border and you can become nuts to like tiggs..It's so much fun..Be stupid and nuts it's the going thing..Grovey baby!!!...

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
                      NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3693 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2010, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

The debate about whether anyone can develop a reliable lottery system will go on forever. My own opinion is you can't predict what the heck a ping pong ball is going to do. Period.

Regardless, I believe winning any of the lottery games is less about "trapping" the right numbers than it is about when and where you play.

A densely populated city like New York or Miami is going to have the highest number of winners, but if they get too many winners then the Lottery commission is faced with the dilemma of losing customers in other smaller areas. That's why I think the where a winning ticket is sold isn't left to chance.

If you look at the list of winners for any of the Millionaire Raffles or Second Chance drawings Florida has had, it looks like a politician's whistle stop tour map. There's a deliberate effort to cover as much territory as possible, without leaving anyone out.

I just don't think you'd end up with those results if it were truly random.

From my previous posts, it's evident that I do not believe the fix is in when it comes to online lotteries.

Lotteries are not new. Colonial America held lotteries as one method of raising tax revenues. Lotteries served many and various purposes. Sometimes lotteries were used to raise funds to build a hospital.

In the late 19th century lotteries were banned by law mainly due to fraud and corruption. In 1960, they resurfaced.

With a history of corruption and fraud, in 1960, state goverments had to take the steps necessary to assure people the lottery would be fair and honestly administered for fear people wouldnt play. To me, I just cant accept the theory that winning tickets are aimed at certain geographical areas.

Certainly the potential for fraud is there with reagrd to aiming scratch-off's.  I dont know anything about their distribution or any precautions that might be taken to prevent aiming. However I have to believe something has been put in place to prevent it.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10348 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2010, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Another example of multiple QPs, three in this case:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 01 - 06 - 14 - 31 - 36

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS 3
                        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $150,000.00

408450 ROSCOE MOBIL (QP)
                        9789 N 2ND ST
                        ROSCOE/61073

162594 TOBACCONIST INC (QP)
                        3524 W IRVING PARK RD
                        CHICAGO/60618

238899 THE KROGER CO J984 (QP)
                        633 ARMOUR RD
                        BOURBONNAIS/60914

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3102 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2010, 3:52 am - IP Logged

He was. Although I was a brat and wanted my way..

He booked that gig in the twin towers without telling me, and I got very upset. I did however, force him to give me some of the money he profited from that show. I think I got 20 bucks...lol

Below is the get-up he made me wear during that show. I practiced everyday. But i felt i wasn't ready to do a show on such a short notice. That's why I was mad.

costume

LOL  My dad put me on a show called Birthday House blowing up balloon animals, no real warning or idea what I was supposed to do or say besides blow my brains out.  Had to wear a light blue shirt so it would look white on tv, right out of the bag and it itched plenty.  Afterwards I was in trouble for not somehow working in the address where to buy the balloons.   The things our parents did to us . . .

When the lottery hit Florida I heard areas would complain they never had a winner and shortly after they would have one.  No idea if this was true or an urban myth. 

While it is unlikely there will ever be a lottery system that guarantees a win, that will be sold to the unwashed for $9.99,  there are systems that can get you closer in some draws, where luck might take you the rest of the way.   Heck, how often do you buy five to ten combinations and win two three number prizes or a four number prize and notice another line or two have the two missing numbers to make a jackpot, is it so difficult to imagine all the winning numbers appearing together on one line?   

BobP

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2010, 4:11 am - IP Logged

Another example of multiple QPs, three in this case:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, 2010

WINNING NUMBERS: 01 - 06 - 14 - 31 - 36

INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS 3
                            EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE $150,000.00

408450 ROSCOE MOBIL (QP)
                            9789 N 2ND ST
                            ROSCOE/61073

162594 TOBACCONIST INC (QP)
                            3524 W IRVING PARK RD
                            CHICAGO/60618

238899 THE KROGER CO J984 (QP)
                            633 ARMOUR RD
                            BOURBONNAIS/60914

Hmmmm. Mind if I put on my white belt and shoes while I comment? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THREE! ! ! ?//?

Now if I were a crooked lottery and I wanted to get more participation in the games, and if people wanted more winners of smaller jackpots, And I could get elevated sales from the idea that several QP’s win on an Event (average?),…. And my state along with all the others are running in the red,…. And my state wins more when sales are up,…….and the sales have been slipping,...

I would get people to perceive that QP’s are the way to go, hands down.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One question there CT, do the sales indicate the entire pool of combinations were sold, at least ONCE?

I’m not knocking you, just wondering while I enjoy my white belt and shoes ( canary yellow bells and polyester print shirt).

DD      "They could be made to accept,....."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: July 1, 2010, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Hmmmm. Mind if I put on my white belt and shoes while I comment? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THREE! ! ! ?//?

Now if I were a crooked lottery and I wanted to get more participation in the games, and if people wanted more winners of smaller jackpots, And I could get elevated sales from the idea that several QP’s win on an Event (average?),…. And my state along with all the others are running in the red,…. And my state wins more when sales are up,…….and the sales have been slipping,...

I would get people to perceive that QP’s are the way to go, hands down.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One question there CT, do the sales indicate the entire pool of combinations were sold, at least ONCE?

I’m not knocking you, just wondering while I enjoy my white belt and shoes ( canary yellow bells and polyester print shirt).

DD      "They could be made to accept,....."

Sounds like you're what they call "a snazzy dresser" in Kentucky.

--Edmund Burke