Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is There Any Way To Predict Pick-5? Past Performance is "Gamblers Fallacy"

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Liber8tor.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Liber8tor's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Ft. Myers,Florida
United States
Member #83878
December 17, 2009
35 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2010, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I guess that some or many or those who know too much Math are handicapped by it lottery prediction wise.

Of course, to them there is something called "random" that should tell enough about them, that is how much they really know (Don't know).

Yes.. that's what I thought. 

But I thought.. "gee... here is friend of mine who has a Masters Degree  in Math.. if there is anybody who could help me narrow the odds.. this would be the guy"!  ....lol    (I buy him lots of beer.. it's the least he can do...)

There should be a way to marry Math and Lotto.. but I'm not seeing it.

I know the Pick 5 is a suckers bet.. I dont want their crappy free tickets and even if I hit 3 numbers I get, what.... $5?  Whoopie...

But like other posters here... I like to track it and play the possibilities.

"In Lotto... the trend is your friend.."

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2010, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

But I thought.. "gee... here is friend of mine who has a Masters Degree  in Math.. if there is anybody who could help me narrow the odds.. this would be the guy"!  ....lol    (I buy him lots of beer.. it's the least he can do...)

I know the Pick 5 is a suckers bet.. I dont want their crappy free tickets and even if I hit 3 numbers I get, what.... $5?  Whoopie...

There is a way to "marry" Math with Lotto, but first you need to "educate" or show proof to your friend and since he has a masters on Math, it would be very hard to give proof, you would have to know enough about statistical lottery prediction to be able to give proof, that statistical lottery prediction can give a good enough advantage over playing quick picks, this of course doesn't mean that a profit can be made, maybe or maybe not, but you can do better than by playing quick picks, that is for sure, the problem is the low payout for lower lottery prizes and the lack of good enough lottery software.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2010, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I thought.. "gee... here is friend of mine who has a Masters Degree  in Math.. if there is anybody who could help me narrow the odds.. this would be the guy"!  ....lol

What made you think if a guy could help you narrow the odds of winning millions of dollars he wouldn't have done it for himself first?  Or for a few beers he would have at least been willing to think about it?  He may have given it some serious thought afterward but if he did, you'll never know.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I am reposting this, I had posted it on another thread days ago.

You need to know what the lottery odds are first, before you see if you can do better than them or not.

As they say, "Proof is in the pudding"

Beware of mistakes.

How to rate predictions and or prediction software.

5/37

5/5 = 435,897

4/5 = 2,724.36

3/5 = 87.88

2/5 = 8.79

1/5 = 2.42

So for Tx,  if you get 1 number right out of 5 on 1 line and 0 numbers right on another line, if you played 2 lines, then you did better than by random chance as the odd of that are 2.42.

If you got 2 numbers right on 1 line out of 8 lines played, then you beat random, as the odds of that are 8.79.

If you get 3 numbers right on 1 line out of 87 lines played then you beat random as the odds of that are 87.88.

All of that does not mean that you made a profit, only that you did better than by "random" chance.

Those are just guide-lines used so with them you can rate your prediction software and or system(s), method(s) and or skill.

-------

5/39

5/5 575,757

4/5 3,386.81

3/5 102.63

2/5 9.62

1/5 2.48

----------

5/36

5/5 376,992

4/5 2,432.21

3/5 81.07

2/5 8.39

1/5 2.4

------------

Check at your lottery Web site for your own game, but they might not give you the 1/5 odds, but they would be close to those posted here.

-----------

I did that, in order to just check these, as I wanted to know:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/214856/1680353

Not very good, still they did a lot better than by "random" chance and no I didn't make those predictions they were software generated.

That does not mean that software will always do better than by "random" chance.

And besides 1/5 and 2/5 are not going to get you somewhere.

But people might want to be able to rate their prediction software and or technique(s).

Also, in this way you might be able to see just how impossible or possible it might be to win and or to make a profit on jackpot kinds of lottery games and or in which game(s) you might have the better odds.

http://www.themass.com/default1024.htm              http://www.littleflower.org/info/music/ihavedlovedyou.asp

http://www.audiotreasure.com/webindex.htm         http://www.veoh.com/collection/s221451/watch/e103092mdWpG2gr

http://www.parishesonline.com/scripts/default.asp  http://www.christianradio.com/stations.aspx

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
          Member #68609
          December 26, 2008
          2204 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2010, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I am reposting this, I had posted it on another thread days ago.

You need to know what the lottery odds are first, before you see if you can do better than them or not.

As they say, "Proof is in the pudding"

Beware of mistakes.

How to rate predictions and or prediction software.

5/37

5/5 = 435,897

4/5 = 2,724.36

3/5 = 87.88

2/5 = 8.79

1/5 = 2.42

So for Tx,  if you get 1 number right out of 5 on 1 line and 0 numbers right on another line, if you played 2 lines, then you did better than by random chance as the odd of that are 2.42.

If you got 2 numbers right on 1 line out of 8 lines played, then you beat random, as the odds of that are 8.79.

If you get 3 numbers right on 1 line out of 87 lines played then you beat random as the odds of that are 87.88.

All of that does not mean that you made a profit, only that you did better than by "random" chance.

Those are just guide-lines used so with them you can rate your prediction software and or system(s), method(s) and or skill.

-------

5/39

5/5 575,757

4/5 3,386.81

3/5 102.63

2/5 9.62

1/5 2.48

----------

5/36

5/5 376,992

4/5 2,432.21

3/5 81.07

2/5 8.39

1/5 2.4

------------

Check at your lottery Web site for your own game, but they might not give you the 1/5 odds, but they would be close to those posted here.

-----------

I did that, in order to just check these, as I wanted to know:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/214856/1680353

Not very good, still they did a lot better than by "random" chance and no I didn't make those predictions they were software generated.

That does not mean that software will always do better than by "random" chance.

And besides 1/5 and 2/5 are not going to get you somewhere.

But people might want to be able to rate their prediction software and or technique(s).

Also, in this way you might be able to see just how impossible or possible it might be to win and or to make a profit on jackpot kinds of lottery games and or in which game(s) you might have the better odds.

http://www.themass.com/default1024.htm              http://www.littleflower.org/info/music/ihavedlovedyou.asp

http://www.audiotreasure.com/webindex.htm         http://www.veoh.com/collection/s221451/watch/e103092mdWpG2gr

http://www.parishesonline.com/scripts/default.asp  http://www.christianradio.com/stations.aspx

extremely good write up, thanks LANTERN for "cold" but necessary calculations.

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

Ft. Myers,Florida
            United States
            Member #83878
            December 17, 2009
            35 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2010, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

extremely good write up, thanks LANTERN for "cold" but necessary calculations.

Are there any calculators  available on-line (for free) that will give you repeat numbers for the pick 5?

I know that you can purchase software packages that have that as a feature... but ...

I spent my budget last week on Gail Howard's book.. "Lottery Master  Guide".

BTW.. don't waste your money on Gail Howard's Books.  All they are is one big commercial to convince you to buy her software.  I tried her formulas and none of them tested well.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

edge

Thanks very much!

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2010, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Are there any calculators  available on-line (for free) that will give you repeat numbers for the pick 5?

I know that you can purchase software packages that have that as a feature... but ...

I spent my budget last week on Gail Howard's book.. "Lottery Master  Guide".

BTW.. don't waste your money on Gail Howard's Books.  All they are is one big commercial to convince you to buy her software.  I tried her formulas and none of them tested well.

I don't understand what you mean by:

"Are there any calculators  available on-line (for free) that will give you repeat numbers for the pick 5?"

---

Calculators?

Repeat numbers?

I don't get it.

Rockwell's avatar - redordead
                  New York
                  United States
                  Member #66776
                  November 6, 2008
                  91 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2010, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Best way tracking is using a crayon and a pad.

If you watch the results and track repeats / skips .. then last night was Hit.

Numbers 05 and 09 repeated. Numbers 06 and 15 came out on a one skip. Number 20 came out as well and was the current COLDEST take 5 ball.

So you have 2 numbers repeat, 2 numbers skipped.

No calculators, write it down and track them.

Tomorrow's numbers are in Todays results!

Ft. Myers,Florida
                    United States
                    Member #83878
                    December 17, 2009
                    35 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2010, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Best way tracking is using a crayon and a pad.

If you watch the results and track repeats / skips .. then last night was Hit.

Numbers 05 and 09 repeated. Numbers 06 and 15 came out on a one skip. Number 20 came out as well and was the current COLDEST take 5 ball.

So you have 2 numbers repeat, 2 numbers skipped.

No calculators, write it down and track them.

Yes.. I see what you say.  It's fairly easy to use a pencil and paper to go back 10 or 20 games and see which numbers have repeated. 

I thought maybe there was a Random Number Generator on line that would give you that information.   (im lazy) 

I did notice that when a repeat number gets hot.. it only does so for  a short time  , maybe 1 to 3 games.. and then it is done.  If a repeat number gets hot it is going to be fairly short-lived in it's "Hotness".  The most times that Ive found a repeat number hitting is 4 times in a row... so if you see a hot streak you have to jump on it. 

Don't know if anyone else has had the same experience?