1. They don't release the pre-test results. If they do, you have to jump thru hoops to get them.
2. They switch tubes around.
3. They don't reveal the NEW tube positions.
4. They claim the reason for pre-tests are to make sure the machine doesn't break down. The machine will break no matter how many pre-tests you do. It could break down right after a pre-test.
5. They actually encourage a breakdown of the machine by having pre-tests done. There's no such thing as perpetual motion, so they are exasberating the issue. The more they run the machine, the more wear and tear, resulting in failure much sooner.....thus defeating their purpose.