Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are you amaze to see some of the same people win jackpots again and again

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 6 years ago by girlthetan.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2010, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I'm not really so sure that's true, THRUST. Various people have been said to say the harder the work the luckier they become but I thinking many things it is indeed just luck. No conscious effort, people just get lucky.

I think it was Reba McIntyre who sang the national anthem at a rodeo or minor legaue ball game and it just so happned that someone from the music industry was there that night and heard her.

There are many such stories.

For the question in the OP about people winning multiple jackpots, I know it happens once in a great while. I thini the lady from Texas was just "born under the right star", but if I find anything suspicious, it's not necessarily people winning more than once, but the number of "Wise Guys" that have won the Mass. Lottery.

So you think that the lady from Butler Texas was just lucky?

I would agree with you had she won one scratch-off.  This lady won THREE scratch-offs and from the same store.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2010, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I would agree with you had she won one scratch-off.  This lady won THREE scratch-offs and from the same store.

Are you implying there's shenanigans going on?

If the answer is yes, I don't agree. In very extreme cases, stuff like this happens.

I knew a fellow sailor back when I was stationed in the Naval Air Station in Key West back in 1985, who was an older guy who was shell shocked from the Vietnam era. He was struck by lightning 3 times and lived. But he was strange to say the least, probably because of the strikes...lol

So it can happen ,just not very often at all. Just my opinion.

There are other occasions like this one that have happened in the past, and won't be the last time.

Given enough people and enough time, almost anything can happen.

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Are you implying there's shenanigans going on?

If the answer is yes, I don't agree. In very extreme cases, stuff like this happens.

I knew a fellow sailor back when I was stationed in the Naval Air Station in Key West back in 1985, who was an older guy who was shell shocked from the Vietnam era. He was struck by lightning 3 times and lived. But he was strange to say the least, probably because of the strikes...lol

So it can happen ,just not very often at all. Just my opinion.

There are other occasions like this one that have happened in the past, and won't be the last time.

Given enough people and enough time, almost anything can happen.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything.  But there are enough red flags going off all around me to make me suspecious.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2010, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I'm not accusing anyone of anything.  But there are enough red flags going off all around me to make me suspecious.

Cool, but what is your opinion about the rest of what I wrote pertaining to very unusual luck?

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

It is almost assured that she bought up most if not all of the tickets the store had ever since her first win.

Or every time a new batch of tickets arrived she bought them.

We have a high volume store near me where multiple scratchoff jackpots were won. This guys store sells more tickets than almost any store in MD. 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
            Member #88435
            March 16, 2010
            397 Posts
            Posted: July 17, 2010, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Some suggest making one's own luck by doing things outside of your normal routine, reading books you normally wouldn't read, being positive all the time and just being open for opportunities. Also taking risk you normally wouldn't take. As I have seen many times one here; Scared Money Never Wins...I would agree and there is nothing wrong with being positive and hoping for the best possible outcome. I think the main thing is...TRUST YOUR GUT! If something feels right go with it...if it feels wrong...don't.

$1,000,000

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10345 Posts
              Posted: July 17, 2010, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes, just lucky. "Born under the right star".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
                hotatlanta
                United States
                Member #70664
                February 8, 2009
                1446 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2010, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

I was just so dumb found i still don't know what to make of someone being that lucky. It happen.

United States
                  Member #94359
                  July 18, 2010
                  226 Posts
                  Posted: July 19, 2010, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I think there is more to the story than know of these jackpot winners.  They probably play very often and successive sets of numbers.  Plus they probably are very active gamers and have built up quite a bit of knowledge they use to play with, that plus some luck and boom they win.