Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Define A System That Works...

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
Member #88435
March 16, 2010
397 Posts
Posted: July 22, 2010, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Is it one that predicts 1-2/? several draws a week, 3-5/? several draws a week or one that just makes you a profit in the course of a period of time???

$1,000,000

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
    Member #69169
    January 5, 2009
    2122 Posts
    Posted: July 22, 2010, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

It doesnt matter. It depends on the amount of numbers you are playing. If you are playing 1 number for a wk you can combo it and it will be a success. As long as there is steady profit the system works.

"Many Strategies|One Game"

United States
      Member #81843
      October 31, 2009
      856 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2010, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Is it one that predicts 1-2/? several draws a week, 3-5/? several draws a week or one that just makes you a profit in the course of a period of time???

Yes.

A working system gives you a statistical advantage over house odds. In the duration of play if you average a win(s) more often than what is expected, you have a system. Take a Box bet for P3. Odds are 1:166 for a str8 set. If you win more than once in 166 plays (bets) you beat the odds.

Same goes for the big games, even if you jackpot only once and beat the odds.

A working system takes away from the house advantage and puts it in your pocket. They call it cheating when you beat the odds and do not attribute it to luck. Luck seems to have it's defined limits. They are called probable events: chicken dinner.Banana

DD

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3102 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2010, 4:59 am - IP Logged

Considering all the systems that seem to dance around the draws without connecting, a system with wins is a nice surprise and provides a great starting point to determine if it might become profitable. 

A system that breaks even may have possibilities if taken a step further or played online.

A system that plays at a good profit over time, whoo-hoo!!!

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19813 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Since I only play pick5 and jackpot type games, I think of systems in terms of those type games.  For me the time required to do a system work-up is too much for a daily game.

For me a system that works should increase your odds of winning and be within your budget to play.  It doesn't have to make a profit continuously but it would be nice if it did.

For example PowerBall has odds of 1:195,249,054 of winning the jackpot and overall odds of 1:35 of winning a prize at all.  If you reduce your overall odds of winning a prize then you reduce your odds of winning every prize.  Reducing you over all odds of a win to 1:20 would be a great start but it wouldn't necessarily make a profit because most likely your prizes would be 0+1 to 2+1 worth $3-$10, but those improved odds should pay off big eventually.

I personal think a system can work better if it's of your own design because you will understand its strategy and can review its results and make changes that may make it even better.  I couldn't blindly follow a strategy/system I didn't understand and couldn't change when I didn't like the results.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

emerald64's avatar - 8ball
            suffolk county, Long Island, NY
            United States
            Member #56449
            November 19, 2007
            1508 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

honestly ...in my 20 yrs of playing the numbers ? ....  "HUNCHES" ..( plate numbers, phone numbers, birthyear numbers)  ....when ya ask anyone whos actually won some big money ....just ask em how they got their numbers ....i rest my case ; )

United States
              Member #69169
              January 5, 2009
              2122 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Since I only play pick5 and jackpot type games, I think of systems in terms of those type games.  For me the time required to do a system work-up is too much for a daily game.

For me a system that works should increase your odds of winning and be within your budget to play.  It doesn't have to make a profit continuously but it would be nice if it did.

For example PowerBall has odds of 1:195,249,054 of winning the jackpot and overall odds of 1:35 of winning a prize at all.  If you reduce your overall odds of winning a prize then you reduce your odds of winning every prize.  Reducing you over all odds of a win to 1:20 would be a great start but it wouldn't necessarily make a profit because most likely your prizes would be 0+1 to 2+1 worth $3-$10, but those improved odds should pay off big eventually.

I personal think a system can work better if it's of your own design because you will understand its strategy and can review its results and make changes that may make it even better.  I couldn't blindly follow a strategy/system I didn't understand and couldn't change when I didn't like the results.

I personally think a system can work better if it's of your own design because you will understand its strategy and can review its results and make changes that may make it even better.  I couldn't blindly follow a strategy/system I didn't understand and couldn't change when I didn't like the results.

United States
                Member #69169
                January 5, 2009
                2122 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

honestly ...in my 20 yrs of playing the numbers ? ....  "HUNCHES" ..( plate numbers, phone numbers, birthyear numbers)  ....when ya ask anyone whos actually won some big money ....just ask em how they got their numbers ....i rest my case ; )

honestly ...in my

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19813 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

....i rest my case ; )

What is your case?

Evil Looking       

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    usa
                    United States
                    Member #89197
                    April 2, 2010
                    2816 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2010, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

PokeHE-HE

who cares...........

United States
                      Member #68002
                      December 10, 2008
                      477 Posts
                      Posted: July 24, 2010, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Basic  systems  totally rely on the players ability too interpret the data and make intelligent choices for numbers unless  it's automated like a software program that forecasts numbers  a lottery system  or  strategy is only as good as the users ability too get it too  work by helping  him select good numbers too  play.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: July 24, 2010, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Systems can hit once in a while or seemingly regularly. I say seemingly because even regular hits can be deceptive. For some reason, people can go into a trance and not realize it's not regular afterall. It sounds trivial, but you'd be surprised on the new discoveries of how the brain really works.

I think of a system that is successful, to be a system that creates positive cash flow on a long time scale, like one or two years. I personally don't believe the one or two people out there who know the secret to producing winners, like in p-3, on a regular basis to make a profit, would reveal it. Why would they give their trade secrets away?

Anyways.....It has to be consistent. Period!

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                          OHIO
                          United States
                          Member #5328
                          June 30, 2004
                          1284 Posts
                          Posted: July 26, 2010, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I tested so many diffrent systems this past week, and only one (lottolaughs Fore syatem)  (it got quite few pick 4 straights!)seem to make a profit each month...

So for me its does the sytem make a profit every month!

have a great winning day!

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7295 Posts
                            Posted: July 28, 2010, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes.

A working system gives you a statistical advantage over house odds. In the duration of play if you average a win(s) more often than what is expected, you have a system. Take a Box bet for P3. Odds are 1:166 for a str8 set. If you win more than once in 166 plays (bets) you beat the odds.

A working system takes away from the house advantage and puts it in your pocket. They call it cheating when you beat the odds and do not attribute it to luck. Luck seems to have it's defined limits. They are called probable events: chicken dinner.Banana

DD

"A working system gives you a statistical advantage over house odds."

The house always has the advantage; it's how gambling works. But there are a few pick-3 bets where the payoff odds are pretty close to the odds against. If you played 4 digits each in any two digit positions and played "all" in the third, the odds against winning is 2.25 to 1 and the payoff is 2.125 to 1. Since the odds are based on any 4 random digits in any two positions, it's possible using some type of system to show a profit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19813 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2010, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes.

DD

Take a Box bet for P3. Odds are 1:166 for a str8 set.

How did you figure those odds?

Evil Looking