Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won a really Big one and you could buy something back for America, What would it be?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 6 years ago by markp1950.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1446 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2010, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I'd buy a new Congress and a new President.  The current ones are pitiful representations of the wrong values.

The one we had in the past  was just as pitful there representations and greed  brought us were we are today wasn't any better

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2010, 12:03 am - IP Logged

But really dude, like billions can be given to the U.S.

Dude, you can't tell me I'm wrong i'd by 300, 000 bucks worth of envelopes and stamps and mail requests in 34 different countries to invent a supercomputer to make billions of dollars in the lottery.

Also give hundreds of millions to women in Mongolia, New jersey, and really smart women in Bovaria who know how to build supercomputers.

Not only that but N.Y can get billions. but they have really short dogs in the city. I've noticed only small dogs living there.

can you imagine dude....all that money in AMERICA to all Americans who suffered lottery loss ?     many will benefit dude even non lottery executives in Brooklyn

Only government may spend it on sewers and use 30 million to make makeshift canals to run the filth out sometimes hundreds of feet they will ...but only they won't work on Sundays. battered women shelters can get the bluprint for the machine supercomputers and LP memebers can help send flyers and gather small dogs and female dogs.

It would be perfect If the machine was built. Only problem is somebody has to come up with the fancy program. Most iced tea has too much sugar dude.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:11 am - IP Logged

But really dude, like billions can be given to the U.S.

Dude, you can't tell me I'm wrong i'd by 300, 000 bucks worth of envelopes and stamps and mail requests in 34 different countries to invent a supercomputer to make billions of dollars in the lottery.

Also give hundreds of millions to women in Mongolia, New jersey, and really smart women in Bovaria who know how to build supercomputers.

Not only that but N.Y can get billions. but they have really short dogs in the city. I've noticed only small dogs living there.

can you imagine dude....all that money in AMERICA to all Americans who suffered lottery loss ?     many will benefit dude even non lottery executives in Brooklyn

Only government may spend it on sewers and use 30 million to make makeshift canals to run the filth out sometimes hundreds of feet they will ...but only they won't work on Sundays. battered women shelters can get the bluprint for the machine supercomputers and LP memebers can help send flyers and gather small dogs and female dogs.

It would be perfect If the machine was built. Only problem is somebody has to come up with the fancy program. Most iced tea has too much sugar dude.

I agree dude, it will had been coming straight to you.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2010, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I'd "buy back" SANITY, I'd "buy back" TV programing to the days of lots of westerns with clear cut good guy-bad guy white hat - black hat justice (guess you can't even say that now, pc and all), and I'd "buy back" the little known 2nd and a half amendment.

The First amendement gives us free speech, the Second Amendment gives us the right to bear arms, and both combined give us the 2nd and a half Amendment which is the right to blow away anyone who doesn't agree with what you're saying.

Scared

And I'd "buy back" Sunday doubleheaders.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2010, 5:53 am - IP Logged

When I get my millions and get my big ranch.

I want to get a long driveway with  Vast Pavers made out of recycled tires and plastic. I figure that a 900FT driveway would eat up 8,000 tires and 240,000 plastic items.

Then I want a 250kw solar system and cancel out pollution I created using electric made of coal.

That is just a start.

I would want to set new standards for lottery winners. BUT still take care of me too!

My property is picked out, my house is designed in my head, only MINOR detail is to win the lottery!

MarkP

lank's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            albany georgia
            United States
            Member #55707
            October 15, 2007
            565 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2010, 6:32 am - IP Logged

The one we had in the past  was just as pitful there representations and greed  brought us were we are today wasn't any better

I Agree!

United States
              Member #81843
              October 31, 2009
              856 Posts
              Posted: July 28, 2010, 7:11 am - IP Logged

Sanity and TV programming is a non-union set, but that is the stuff dreams are made of.

This country has been under the control of businessmen and bankers since 1945. It is an oligarchy, there is no right and left- only the illusion of political diversity. The beast is a hydra and survives even if one or several heads are discovered and severed. Following that remark, there is no reform back to better days and social order, but it is nice to dream about it.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2010, 7:58 am - IP Logged

"There will be growth in the Spring."   ~Chance, the Gardener~

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2010, 8:34 am - IP Logged

What if you're a Native American? Could you buy back the land that is rightfully yours?

Just saying (asking).

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                    Member #76986
                    July 10, 2009
                    8036 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2010, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I would bring / buy back "Made in America / USA" products and services!

This would bring jobs back to Americans and help to stabilize our ecomony and families!

Patriot

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                      A long and winding road
                      United States
                      Member #17084
                      June 10, 2005
                      4529 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2010, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

ditto to deltas response

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                        A long and winding road
                        United States
                        Member #17084
                        June 10, 2005
                        4529 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2010, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

morals, values and honest down to earth people

agreed!! 110%!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                          Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #3023
                          December 14, 2003
                          4166 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I would never buy back? The past is history. Too many mistakes, learn from them.

Always look forward!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

I would buy a few things for myself that I never had to lose.  For those folks who once had it and lost it, if they really miss it, they will find a way to get it back.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #81843
                              October 31, 2009
                              856 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2010, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

"There will be growth in the Spring."   ~Chance, the Gardener~

Reality TV:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2008/09/sarah-palin-as-chance-the-gardener.html

You know this is a set-up for two term presidency like a win-win. I think the maverick idea works when it is substance over sensation. But, anyone who thinks qualified people get elected never spent any time in the beltway. It’s not about having qualified people in government -it’s having the right people in government. Anyone outside of the CFR is not the right people.

Constitutionalists are dreamers. Ben Franklin himself was a globalist shill the bankers of Europe and the States courted. Nobody ever questions why Franklin adorns our currency when he was never a president. Franklin informed the English bankers (around 1750) how our economy prospered with our colonial scrip, who in turn influenced the British parliament to pass a law that prohibited the colonies to use their script. B.F. tells the English bankers why we prospered “That is simple. In the Colonies, we issue our own paper money. It is called ‘Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to make the goods and pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner, creating ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power and we have no interest to pay to no one.”

The once prosperous colonialists were soon required to make all future transactions with gold and silver money provided by the English bankers. Colonial scrip had no interest to pay and the English banks could not have that. Debt-money now destroyed an affluent society. Franklin observed after one year the poverty he witnessed in England was in the colonies. Ben said as good cop in spin:

“The Colonies would gladly have borne the little tax on tea and other matters had it not been the poverty caused by the bad influence of the English bankers on the Parliament, which has caused in the Colonies hatred of England and the Revolutionary War.”      BS. Ben was a two-faced liar. Ben’s actions caused all that. War is always big business for the bankers. Ben sold out, then sold us out and into international banker's debt.

Ben Franklin is one of our nation’s architects, but he was a prime mover in causing the conflict, the poverty that took colonialists to arms, a designed conflict: WAR. His visit to England to represent the interests of the New England colonies provided the impetus for England’s prosperity and near immediate colonial impoverishment. He did exactly opposite of what he said he was there for.

Ben Franklin was responsible for much poverty, heartbreak and death. Ben was our first Councilman On Foreign relations while the historians paint him as a great patriot. He is on the fifty dollar bill because he did for the bankers what no president ever did. Ben informed the bankers of England, who then influenced parliament ,who then put the hurt and the screws to the prosperous colonialists. Ben Franklin should have been hung when he returned to the colonies. Ben Franklin as an icon embodies banks without borders, the real power brokers who have always been after total financial control. The New World Order is not that new, even Chance would know that.

DD