Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery holding back winning scratchers?

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 6 years ago by wbrightfl.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
Member #71120
February 19, 2009
1209 Posts
Posted: August 5, 2010, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Same results in Tennessee and Kentucky...all losers no matter where you go.....Drive to Georgia ,we do and WOW what a difference.Long drive but worth it.

Orlando, FL
    United States
    Member #95015
    August 1, 2010
    255 Posts
    Posted: August 5, 2010, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I think Florida is holding back larger winners which should be illegal but how can it be verified?

Stu26's avatar - erebus cross.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #95060
      August 2, 2010
      87 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2010, 12:31 am - IP Logged

2/10 $15 on the Buccs tickets...not even close to half of my money back. The "covering the odds" strategy isn't working for me so I'm gonna try buying 2 $10 tickets instead. What would be better? buying 2 tickets from the same game(same roll) or 2 tickets from two different games?

Never underestimate the Power of Prayer. Blue Angel

Orlando, FL
        United States
        Member #95015
        August 1, 2010
        255 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2010, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

2/10 $15 on the Buccs tickets...not even close to half of my money back. The "covering the odds" strategy isn't working for me so I'm gonna try buying 2 $10 tickets instead. What would be better? buying 2 tickets from the same game(same roll) or 2 tickets from two different games?

I have won on all 4 tickets in a row from the same roll and then again I bought 4 in a row off a roll and lost all of them.  It is so random there is no way to tell.

Last night results.  Bought 1 Monopoly $20, 1 Blockbuster $20, 1 Gold Rush $20 and 1 Lucky for Life 100,000 $10.  Monopoly won $25 back all others losers.  Net loss for the day $45

I gave up on the football $5 scratchers almost all losers, no where near making the odds they claim exist.

Florida
          United States
          Member #95060
          August 2, 2010
          87 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2010, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I have won on all 4 tickets in a row from the same roll and then again I bought 4 in a row off a roll and lost all of them.  It is so random there is no way to tell.

Last night results.  Bought 1 Monopoly $20, 1 Blockbuster $20, 1 Gold Rush $20 and 1 Lucky for Life 100,000 $10.  Monopoly won $25 back all others losers.  Net loss for the day $45

I gave up on the football $5 scratchers almost all losers, no where near making the odds they claim exist.

Yea the "second chance" games are bad news imo. The $10 lucky for life game at least had some decent winners in there when it was first released. The Monopoly seems to be your lucky game!

Good luck tonight!!

Orlando, FL
            United States
            Member #95015
            August 1, 2010
            255 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2010, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Stopped by a different Publix to buy some tickets today. After a bad week I thought I would buy a few extra tonight and as always only buying tickets with the best odds (according to the FLA Lottery site).

I bought 2 Gold Rush $20, 2 Monopoly $20 and 2 Billion Blockbuster $20.

Both Gold Rush losers.  1 Monopoly won $20, the other loser.  1 Billion Blockbuster won $40, the other loser.  Net loss of $60

The trend of not winning any decent amounts continues.

Florida
              United States
              Member #95060
              August 2, 2010
              87 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

0/2 last night, still have never won on $10 200 Million Spectacular. Won't buy any tickets for a few days if I strike out today.

Orlando, FL
                United States
                Member #95015
                August 1, 2010
                255 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2010, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

This morning I bought 2 Gold Rush $20, 2 Monopoly $20 and 2 Billion Blockbuster $20.  Total $120

Results:  1 Gold Rush won $20 back the other loser.  Both Billion Blockbuster losers.  Both Monopoly won $20 back.  Net loss $60

Orlando, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95015
                  August 1, 2010
                  255 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2010, 11:31 am - IP Logged

I took Sunday off from buying scratchers after the dreadful week I had playing last week.

Might buy 3 tickets tonight and see what happens.

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #95060
                    August 2, 2010
                    87 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2010, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

1/4 won $5 on 250,000 Monopoly 2 days ago and lost on a $20 Monopoly yesterday. I'll try the $20 Monopoly again tonight...if I lose, will take a little break.

Orlando, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95015
                      August 1, 2010
                      255 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2010, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

This week begins in the hole.

Bought 1 Gold Rush $20, 1 Monopoly $20 and 1 Billion Blockbuster $20.  Won $20 back on the Gold Rush, the others were losers.

Orlando, FL
                        United States
                        Member #95015
                        August 1, 2010
                        255 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2010, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Today I bought 2 Monopoly $20 scratchers.  $20 win on one and nothing on the second.  I am taking the rest of this week off.  Too many losers circulating right now.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                          Nashville, TN
                          United States
                          Member #86739
                          February 9, 2010
                          483 Posts
                          Posted: August 11, 2010, 8:46 am - IP Logged

Today I bought 2 Monopoly $20 scratchers.  $20 win on one and nothing on the second.  I am taking the rest of this week off.  Too many losers circulating right now.

wbright I sure hope u have a better week playing those scratchoffs! I certainly know how frustrating that is...I've played $200 million spectacular, 100k for life, gold rush, lotteria and most I've won is $15 twice. WORST of all I bought SIX $3 crosswords for my comrades and we ALL lost. If it weren't for the$15 winners I would think I was still in TN!

Anyone know what is with the "*" stipulation at the end of the title of these games, where it says "prizes subject to availability at time of purchase"?

Does that mean the flottery may not be able to pay out right away if a large jackpot  hits ?

fort myers
                            United States
                            Member #50515
                            March 7, 2007
                            17 Posts
                            Posted: August 11, 2010, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I agree the $20 are tight this year. That is all I buy and the $30 when they had that. Last year I won 500 numerous times on gold rush, this year can't hit more than 100.00 on blockbuster, monopoly and can't even come close to a winner on gold rush. However, when I went to the lottery office yesterday to buy my tickets (in Fort Myers) there was a woman cashing in a 20,000.00 winner on Blockbuster. so they are out there but I must be on a major losing streak!

Orlando, FL
                              United States
                              Member #95015
                              August 1, 2010
                              255 Posts
                              Posted: August 11, 2010, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

I am convenced they are holding back a lot of the bigger winning tickets.  2 of my co-workers also plays the scratchers and having a bad year, compared to last year.