Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lottery holding back winning scratchers?

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 6 years ago by wbrightfl.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
SE PA
United States
Member #93582
July 3, 2010
1873 Posts
Posted: September 1, 2010, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

That sounds like the streak I've had with Money Money Money ($10) here in PA - 12 tickets, 1 $10 winner. Even #23 lost, which can be a good number.

Orlando, FL
    United States
    Member #95015
    August 1, 2010
    255 Posts
    Posted: September 3, 2010, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I give up on the Florida Lottery scratchers for a while.  They are simply ripping off the players right now. This morning at Publix I bought 1 Billion Blockbuster, 1 Gold Rush and 1 Monopoly.  Again all losers.  For the week I lost $240 all from buying $20 scratchers with the best odds.  Not 1 ticket even brought even all week. I will wait until I start hearing of people actually winning something before I begin again.

Good luck everyone

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2010, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I give up on the Florida Lottery scratchers for a while.  They are simply ripping off the players right now. This morning at Publix I bought 1 Billion Blockbuster, 1 Gold Rush and 1 Monopoly.  Again all losers.  For the week I lost $240 all from buying $20 scratchers with the best odds.  Not 1 ticket even brought even all week. I will wait until I start hearing of people actually winning something before I begin again.

Good luck everyone

Same here man, Ive lost a decent amount as well... Won $100 bux on Gold Rush and that was it. But lost on the other 15 or so that I bought

Stu26's avatar - erebus cross.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #95060
        August 2, 2010
        87 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2010, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Bought 1 $20 Blockbuster, will let everyone know how I did after the baseball game.

Never underestimate the Power of Prayer. Blue Angel

Stu26's avatar - erebus cross.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #95060
          August 2, 2010
          87 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2010, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Another loser. I'm done for a week. Good luck to all that play

Never underestimate the Power of Prayer. Blue Angel

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
            North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2010, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you guys should consider (if you're going to buy 2 or 3 $20 tickets at a time) buying the same tickets... from the same roll...  Odds would be a lot better.  you would increase your odds of winning... say $100 from 1:30 (sample only) to 1:10.  Just something to consider.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Orlando, FL
              United States
              Member #95015
              August 1, 2010
              255 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2010, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Well I took a week off and thought I would buy some tickets and see what happens.

I bought 10 of the new $5 Cruise for Cash scratcher.  This scratcher is advertised as the best odds of any $5 scratcher on the Florida Lottery website.  Out of the 10 I bought, I won $5 back on 2 and all the rest were losers.  Some good odds huh?  Lost $40.  I guess they are holding back the good winning tickets to pay for the second chance drawing for the cruises.

Beware of this scratcher folks.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2010, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Well I took a week off and thought I would buy some tickets and see what happens.

I bought 10 of the new $5 Cruise for Cash scratcher.  This scratcher is advertised as the best odds of any $5 scratcher on the Florida Lottery website.  Out of the 10 I bought, I won $5 back on 2 and all the rest were losers.  Some good odds huh?  Lost $40.  I guess they are holding back the good winning tickets to pay for the second chance drawing for the cruises.

Beware of this scratcher folks.

Man, I though the same thing. Bought about 20 of these suckers and won$20 on 1 of them!!! wth...

I kept saying "ill give them one more chance"...and bought another on my lunch break. <snip> loser again.

I think Im over this game for a while. At least I have several tickets to enter for a cruise

btw wbright: did you see the FL Lottery site where the chick from jacksonville won the $20 million grand prize from the $30 Million High Roller scrtatcher? Pretty cool, its in my hometown

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Orlando, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95015
                  August 1, 2010
                  255 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2010, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes that cool she won.

FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #93473
                    June 30, 2010
                    68 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2010, 11:25 am - IP Logged

i was at my local winndixie yesterday buying tickets as normal seeing if anyone had hit big since i was last there, you know the normal box with the 15 or so rolls of tickets, and the instant vending machine, so within 15 minutes i watched an old lady buy 3 bbb and lost withing 5 min she then went back and got three 20 monopoly lost and bought 5 cruise for cash lost all 5 and bought 4 10$bonanzas lost them all so shes down like 165. theres 1 bbb left on the roll an i figured that the odds where in my favor for the rolls she just bought from so i raked up 55 bux to grab one of each tickets she just bought; on the cruise 10$, monopoly 0, bbb 0,bonanza 0. so im like wth is this about and as im walking out someone goes to cash a $500 cruise for cash that she got from the machine, so i decide to stick around and realize she was a clerk that worked there and she said that the machines pay better because the lotto is trieing to promote them with more winners; and this was not the first time she had one off the same machine either ; so i guess im gonna switch my stratedgy and only buy form that machine untill i hit something above 100; after that it seems like the odds on those 20 dollar tickets is way off im sticking with the 5$ tickets

Orlando, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95015
                      August 1, 2010
                      255 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2010, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Florida Lottery still sucking with the scratchers.

Bought 3 Gold Rush $20 scratchers today at Publix.  All 3 losers.