Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Lottery Games Poll: Live drawings with balls V computerized draws

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 6 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If you had your choice, would you gamble where you could watch the draw with REAL balls or virtual c

Don't care. [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
I Like real Balls and live drawings. [ 35 ]  [87.50%]
I like computerized virtual Balls and computerized [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
Does not matter. [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #81843
October 31, 2009
856 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2010, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I will go for a live draw any day of the week.

DD

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2010, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

1 Vote from me for Live Draw.

If you have the technology and HD TV, you can record the drawings at very high resolution and play them back later in slow motion.  If there is hanky panky in the "Machine Room," it will be detectable this way.  Remembering what happened in Pittsburgh back in 1980 with the conspiracy to inject paint into certain balls, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Lottery Commissions do this routinely to keep their people honest!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
      Northern Virginia
      United States
      Member #83350
      December 5, 2009
      1313 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2010, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

I like watching live drawings. I have seen both, and live drawings appeal to me much more. I was very confused when DC switched from live to computerized drawings in 2004. I thought they were still drawing with balls but they computerized the results. I found the ball drawings much more entertaining.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40341 Posts
        Posted: August 9, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Give it to me live, with real balls.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7298 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2010, 12:56 am - IP Logged

1 Vote from me for Live Draw.

If you have the technology and HD TV, you can record the drawings at very high resolution and play them back later in slow motion.  If there is hanky panky in the "Machine Room," it will be detectable this way.  Remembering what happened in Pittsburgh back in 1980 with the conspiracy to inject paint into certain balls, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Lottery Commissions do this routinely to keep their people honest!

That never happened again after PA had their Senior Citizens keep an eye on their drawings!

Hiding Behind Computer

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2010, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Give it to me live, with real balls.

I ain't sayin nothin...   Naughty

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2010, 1:30 am - IP Logged

I've said this not only once, but a hundred times.

The damage done by a ball drawing is 100 times worse than worrying whether an isolated incident like PA, is going to happen again, Or whether some computer geek is in cahoots with a lottery official and is purposely rigging a computer program a certain way, then have the program self destruct with no trace so the illicit program will not remain.

WOW ....Twilight Zone anyone?

The damage done to the flow of numbers, multiple times on a daily basis, far outweighs unrealistic culprits that may only exist in the imaginative mind. Every single day, the ball officials go out of their way to rotate tubes without notifying the public of what the new tube locations are. They go out of their way to do pre-tests to even throw the flow of numbers even more skewed.

I'm surprised they don't have a third hurdle for the ball to jump over.....

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

The damage done by a ball drawing is 100 times worse than worrying whether an isolated incident like PA, is going to happen again, Or whether some computer geek is in cahoots with a lottery official and is purposely rigging a computer program a certain way, then have the program self destruct with no trace so the illicit program will not remain.

The damage done to the flow of numbers, multiple times on a daily basis, far outweighs unrealistic culprits that may only exist in the imaginative mind. Every single day, the ball officials go out of their way to rotate tubes without notifying the public of what the new tube locations are. They go out of their way to do pre-tests to even throw the flow of numbers even more skewed.

joker17,

Just what, specifically, is the "flow of numbers" you refer to?

Some of the ways I routinely attempt to convert a repeatable Pseudo-Random sequence generator into a TRULY RANDOM sequence generator is to interrupt it and "kick it" forward a random number of times based on physical phenomena like low order ambient temperature or computer system clock changes.

--Jimmy

Stu26's avatar - erebus cross.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #95060
                  August 2, 2010
                  87 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2010, 2:09 am - IP Logged

DO IT LIVE!

Never underestimate the Power of Prayer. Blue Angel

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2010, 3:24 am - IP Logged

Joker, how about clarifying that when the mushrooms wear off? Saying it once clearly is better than 101 times messed up zoning around in the twilight zone. I know you understand what you wrote, it’s the rest of us that weren’t along for the ride that wonder what you are trying to say.

Do you like,... man,.... really believe the balls do some kind of damage to the cosmic flow of things in upsetting some kind of system that is being defeated by pre-test Jinn? Do the tubes go to or from different dimensions of lotto karma? Do different tubes have different chakras and belong in only one place or order? Do you really believe what you said, because from the context it’s hard to tell if you like live draws, computer draws or just don’t care? Mind outlining what the first two hurdles are so we can follow along too? The flow of understanding is a bit skewed Shifty, but it is entertaining.

Hellooooo?? Anybody there????       Earth to Joker17!!!! Skeptical

DD       

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2010, 8:09 am - IP Logged

I've written on this for what seems like eons. Do a search. I'm not going to re-write 17 paragraphs.

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2010, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Joker, how about clarifying that when the mushrooms wear off? Saying it once clearly is better than 101 times messed up zoning around in the twilight zone. I know you understand what you wrote, it’s the rest of us that weren’t along for the ride that wonder what you are trying to say.

Do you like,... man,.... really believe the balls do some kind of damage to the cosmic flow of things in upsetting some kind of system that is being defeated by pre-test Jinn? Do the tubes go to or from different dimensions of lotto karma? Do different tubes have different chakras and belong in only one place or order? Do you really believe what you said, because from the context it’s hard to tell if you like live draws, computer draws or just don’t care? Mind outlining what the first two hurdles are so we can follow along too? The flow of understanding is a bit skewed Shifty, but it is entertaining.

DD       

Do you like,... man,.... 

No, I don't like men. I'm straight.

Read what I wrote to Jimmy4164.....

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: August 10, 2010, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

DD       

Gonna' frame this one!  Smile

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: August 10, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

DD       

Wow....all this coming from a person who believes in fairytales like religion?.....The pot calling the kettle black I say.

Did you say Twilight Zone?

I know you were just having fun, but here's a link to answer your questions without me having to re-type everything.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/216948/2

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2010, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Wow....all this coming from a person who believes in fairytales like religion?.....The pot calling the kettle black I say.

Did you say Twilight Zone?

I know you were just having fun, but here's a link to answer your questions without me having to re-type everything.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/216948/2

Like I said, eons and eons of this. This was back when I was Pacattack05.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/131160/567196?q=pacattack05&tab=us&rp=search

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/153319/799602?q=pacattack05&tab=us&rp=search

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/181012/2

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/180930

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/180536/1110949?q=pacattack05&tab=us&rp=search