Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your FAVORITE - every member please vote

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you prefer Quick Picks or do you like to choose your own numbers?

Quick Picks [ 34 ]  [18.68%]
Player Picks [ 148 ]  [81.32%]
Total Valid Votes [ 182 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
Michigan
United States
Member #22395
September 24, 2005
1583 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2010, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

No rug needed my Punjab friend...

indian

Darn! Who needs the lottery if you can do that?

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3333 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2010, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Quantum Mechanics demands change when observation is present. The observer's influence is what makes reality what it is. Without multitudes of observers, life would not even exist.

I chose self picks. My influence is reality.

I Agree!  Big Grin    Well said!

Also depends upon which method a player believes will work best for them.

Good luck to everyone!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19823 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Right after I retired, MegaMillions and PowerBall weren't available in Ohio so when ever their jackpots were more than $100M I drove to Michigan to get some BigGame tickets and to Indiana to get some PB tickets.  On several occasions, my former co-workers gave me $300-$500 to pick up QP tickets for their lottery pools.  I had a chance to track how well my personal picks did against their QPs and my personal picks usually did as well as their QPs or better. I believe when playing more than 5 lines, picking my own combinations allows me to avoid duplications and repeating old winners and have a mix of the most active numbers which gives me more chances of having a winning ticket.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1648 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2010, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Years ago, before I "really" learned how this deal worked, I'd go out and get QP's just because I thought "numbers are numbers". I've won twice in my lifetime using QP's and it wasn't for very much either. One win was on the Texas Lottery and the other was on Cash 5. I've never won anything using QP's for Pick 3 or Pick 4. Once I quit playing and began to study while compiling R&D, I saw what I needed to do to win more often...and it worked at a cost.

I like to organize my own numbers because I know what I want them to do and how I want them to do it. A QP, to me, simply falls into this category: Going to a nice restaraunt and telling the waiter to bring me whatever "they" want me to have and how ever "they" want the cook to prepare it. I will eat it no matter if it doesn't look or smell good to me...and I will pay for it. Uh uh...nope. Not my cut of steak.

Hey, some people like the catch of the day but, I like to put together my own meal. This way, I know what I have, I know I'll like it, and I will eat it. Most of all, I'm getting the "quality" of exactly what I'm paying for...which is what it should really be about anytime money is involved.

Mind you, this is regarding the Pick games (3&4)  where the player does have reasonable control over what's going on. This doesn't apply to the JP games where there is absolutely no control. In this case, I gotta take it how it's served...and still pay for it regardless.

I actually had to come back and edit my post because it's really not completely true. By the time I did match any numbers on those JP games mentioned above, I only got back a miniscule portion of what I had spent over a period of time. So, I really didn't win anything in the sense of winning. Sorry about that...

L.L.

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
          North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
          United States
          Member #1436
          April 28, 2003
          628 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2010, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

I discarded my vote b/c on P-3 & P-5 games i play my own numbers. On PB & MM i get quick picks.

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
            Member #51269
            April 3, 2007
            529 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2010, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I play my own numbers.  It works.

addai1516's avatar - lib
              Newyork City NY / westland michigan
              United States
              Member #93153
              June 23, 2010
              4087 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2010, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I play my own numbers.  It works.

How do you pick your numbers ?

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                light on my feet
                United States
                Member #356
                May 20, 2002
                2744 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Original Post by visiondude

i hope that you don't insinuate that the poll should "make me happy",  because it's a rediculous assertion that just because more people play PP,   that it translates into "it works better than QP's,  because more people play them,  etc"  because that's not true.

I already know it won't make you happy...hence my statement.

It can work better would be one conclusion.  If we consider LP being the home of "expert" lottery players and they say Self-Pick is their choice...people can draw their own conclusions. 

Oh, yes, just plain ridiculousROFL Courts recognizing expert testimony, let alone ordinary people following the experts is just plain ridiculous.

drawing conclusions is fine,  and i certainly expect that,  i just made the truthful statement that "amounts of belief"  doesn't necssarily validate a belief to be true. 

i am sure you would at least agree with that premise

"Oh, yes, just plain ridiculousROFL Courts recognizing expert testimony, let alone ordinary people following the experts is just plain ridiculous".

yes,  they would recognize "expert testimony"...

anyone can get up on a witness stand and claim to be an "expert",  and unless it's the opposing attorney's first day on the job,  he would MAKE HIM --------> prove it

you forgot about that part of it

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2010, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

For P-3&4, I pick my own.  Used to pick my own P-5 but find it more convenient to get QP's.  I win as often with QP's as I did with my own picks.  I voted for player picks because it asked which one we 'prefer'.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #22395
                    September 24, 2005
                    1583 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2010, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

For P-3&4, I pick my own.  Used to pick my own P-5 but find it more convenient to get QP's.  I win as often with QP's as I did with my own picks.  I voted for player picks because it asked which one we 'prefer'.

Yes, perfect

I can understand some play QPs and PPs but I was hoping that most would have a preference, enough to vote one way or the other.

As it is turning out, some people are borderline and either discarded their vote or did not vote.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

No comment.

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #22395
                        September 24, 2005
                        1583 Posts
                        Posted: August 11, 2010, 6:57 am - IP Logged

No comment.

All the time I have been here, I never heard you so quiet!  Big Grin

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
                          Member #51269
                          April 3, 2007
                          529 Posts
                          Posted: August 11, 2010, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm using a modified Gail Howard system and I do MUCH better than QP.

United States
                            Member #171
                            April 7, 2002
                            181 Posts
                            Posted: August 11, 2010, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I prefer quick picks but only if the lines are not on one ticket because there are too many repeat numbers, I always purchase separate quick pick tickets for each line which usually gives me numbers for the same drawing that don't repeat themselves on every line.  I don't like the lottery promotions that force a player to get $5.00 worth of lines on one ticket, in order to get a $3.00 free quick pick, like the Sweet Million promotion in NY going on right now for the entire month of August.  The first time I got the $5.00 quick pick I had the number 4 repeat on three lines and number 4 didn't come out, so all those lines didn't have a chance to the win the million, tomorrow night (the next Sweet Million drawing), I will pick my own numbers on 5 lines to get the $3 free quick pick!

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                              Member #48046
                              December 7, 2006
                              1699 Posts
                              Posted: August 11, 2010, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm no help either

In one play, I'll usually pick 2 or 3 numbers that I'm feeling pretty strongly about,

.....and let the coputer terminal pick the rest.

Anyway,  ....Both for me,      in a way.  Thumbs Up