Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quantum Physics affecting the lottery?

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 6 years ago by taxijohn.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2010, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

we could run an experiment.

people who think quantum phsaysics, or lady luck is opposed to their wining shoul;d post the numbers they play.

then a wheel wil be generated excluding all combos that those accursed play.

the wheel gets displasyed and only people who think theyre arnt cursed will play them?

of course the cursed get nothing,; they're cursed after all, and the lucky few get to keep their winnings .

its only way experiment would work.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2010, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Another consideration for the quantum crowd is the theory of entanglement.  The people handling the machines have become "entangled" with them.  In my state the midday and evening draws are handled by different work shifts (and therefore a different matrix of entanglement).  It would make sense to consider both draws separately for that reason.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

CA
      United States
      Member #84266
      December 26, 2009
      410 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2010, 12:05 am - IP Logged

So today was another one of those times where I wonder what if I had bought another ticket. For tonight's MM I had picked my own numbers and bought the ticket yesterday. I "mediated" on the numbers and had the play slip and a dollar in an envelope labled HOPE under my pillow for 2 days before I bought the ticket. Today a few hours before the drawing I remembered I ran out of ketchup and I needed it for a dish I was making so I went to the liquor store/ market across the street to get it. For a quick second I thought about buying a QP but decided not to since I have faith in the one I already have. Fast forward to now I am disapointed in the drawn numbers.

Maybe running out of ketchup was a sign that I should have bought another ticket since it was an out of the ordinary part of my day. I always hear about the winners that just happened to be at the store for some reason other than buying a lottery ticket.

Oh wells...since none of my numbers hit tonight maybe they will hit on Friday. I hope no one won tonight but I wouldn't mind the starting $12 million.

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
        Member #51269
        April 3, 2007
        529 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2010, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

we could run an experiment.

people who think quantum phsaysics, or lady luck is opposed to their wining shoul;d post the numbers they play.

then a wheel wil be generated excluding all combos that those accursed play.

the wheel gets displasyed and only people who think theyre arnt cursed will play them?

of course the cursed get nothing,; they're cursed after all, and the lucky few get to keep their winnings .

its only way experiment would work.

That wheel wouldn't be affected by quantum physics, because the numbers you get for it aren't being observed.  You're just wheeling what's leftover.  Quantum physics is based on observation.  The simple act of observing something changes the behavior of that something.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2010, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

the numbers played are observed by both the lossers and the winners.  we are trying to filter out losers and winners. and see if the poeple who play combos the self proclaimed losers dont play win more or exactly the same rate of winning as the losers.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
            Member #51269
            April 3, 2007
            529 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2010, 3:30 am - IP Logged

the numbers played are observed by both the lossers and the winners.  we are trying to filter out losers and winners. and see if the poeple who play combos the self proclaimed losers dont play win more or exactly the same rate of winning as the losers.

I think there's some confusion here.  You can only observe one set of numbers: the numbers you play.  Those are the numbers whose history you've observed in order to determine that they belong in your group.  All other numbers are irrelevant, thus unaffected by quantum physics.

Of course, I'm just looking for an excuse for this annoying occurrence.

United States
              Member #83701
              December 13, 2009
              225 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2010, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that whenever I choose numbers to take out of my game, you know, just to reduce my pool from 18 to 15 or so, some of those numbers come out in the drawing.  This is very frustrating and I got to thinking, what if quantum physics was at play here?  What if our meticulous observations of these games is affecting the results?

This happens when I play for a normal game, instead of tailoring my numbers for a game starting in the teens (Take 5).  Teen games are rare, but now that I'm specifically aiming to avoid them, they seem to be coming out frequently.  Is this happening to any of you?

Teen game:

16-18-28-32-39

Normal:

2-10-22-28-31

If a ball inexplicably tunneled through the plastic sphere and fell to the ground then I would say Quantum Mechanics came into play.    Otherwise, Quantum Mechanics is on such a scale that it would've all averaged out by the time it got to our scale.   You would need really teeny balls for Quantum Mechanics.

About the only bit that might be in play would be the concept of Quantum multiple universes where every possibility exists somewhere else.

taxijohn's avatar - odometer444
                Dutchess County, New York
                United States
                Member #8067
                October 22, 2004
                3239 Posts
                Posted: August 24, 2010, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Look at my quote below this post of mine. I am notorius from playing a number for a few weeks, then when I don't play it, regardless fo the reason,which with me is, I didn't get a chance or just forgot, it come out. In my case it's the 012 combo in NY. If you search my recent posts just a few days ago, I was playing or predicting the 012. It has come out on August 17th as 120 and then again as 021 on the 23rd.

How about turning this around and finding it amazing how when some people "stop" playing a number it comes out almost the next day. I see this a lot in the NY forum. How to fix this? lol

Now, in NY the triples are due. 999 has not come out in a long, long time, so that's always sold out early. some people might give up on them if they dont fall tonight, but not me, I will play all of them for 50 cents ($250 win) for 3 days after, then I will give up.

GOD is great, beer is good and people are crazy! Crazy

"I don't look for the numbers, the numbers look for and sometimes find me..."