Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you ever feel like you're wasting money when playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 49 replies. Last post 6 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2010, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

No, I never let myself get down like that.

Whenever I'm feeling a little down from a losing streak or whatever I just turn in my desk chair and open the front window and observe all the beauty before me as I gaze in wonder looking down the holler and at the forest covered mountain ridges surrounding me.

I then chug a big old glass of Jack and hang my old Remington 870, 12 gauge out the window and start blasting away at all the old junk cars and trucks in my front yard while screaming Yeeeeeee haaaaaa at the top of my lungs. I always feel better after that.

It don't take much to make some one happy at your age ridge..Wonder if tiggs will be that way when tiggs gets old...oldtimer..Is it true there's a casket at your front door just in case you never make it back inside?...Just asking...

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5145 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

No, I never let myself get down like that.

Whenever I'm feeling a little down from a losing streak or whatever I just turn in my desk chair and open the front window and observe all the beauty before me as I gaze in wonder looking down the holler and at the forest covered mountain ridges surrounding me.

I then chug a big old glass of Jack and hang my old Remington 870, 12 gauge out the window and start blasting away at all the old junk cars and trucks in my front yard while screaming Yeeeeeee haaaaaa at the top of my lungs. I always feel better after that.

YeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I>>>>like>>>>>>>HITTT'$$

Where is this>>>>>>>>>>>>"Bed and Breakfast"?????????????????????????

For a dollar>>>can I have a sowllar and shoot one of them 12 gauges>>>too?

psykomo

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
      Jawja
      United States
      Member #87469
      February 25, 2010
      109 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2010, 8:24 am - IP Logged

I no longer smoke cigarettes (regular, or left handed kind). I don't imbibe in alcohol anymore. I'd like to chase wild women, but my better half would not understand it at all to say the least.  On the contrary, alls I do these days for myself are these boringly positive things like my daily intense workout at the gym and eating bland food that's not too hard on the ticker. 

Throwing a little bit of fiat debt currency at the lottery every week provides some levity to my sickeningly clean living these days.  It's that empty beer can that used to roll around in the bed of my pickup truck that reassured me that I'm actually alive and kicking.

FWIW, I'm a long time lurker here, but a brand new poster.

Be sassy and be happy.

wheeltowin's avatar - bee
        Peoria IL
        United States
        Member #94520
        July 21, 2010
        63 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2010, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I Agree! But hey, no one gets out alive! (It's all about balance). Personally, I feel like even if I don't win at least I'm donating to someone elses dream (unlike the money I feel is stolen from me from a corrupt government). Sooo no, I don't feel like I'm wasting my ducats. The world needs more dreamers, and how many of you get a great big smile on your mug when you think about what you will do with your winnings? Even if for only a little while, you have raised your endorphins and kept worry and depression at bay.

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2010, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I no longer smoke cigarettes (regular, or left handed kind). I don't imbibe in alcohol anymore. I'd like to chase wild women, but my better half would not understand it at all to say the least.  On the contrary, alls I do these days for myself are these boringly positive things like my daily intense workout at the gym and eating bland food that's not too hard on the ticker. 

Throwing a little bit of fiat debt currency at the lottery every week provides some levity to my sickeningly clean living these days.  It's that empty beer can that used to roll around in the bed of my pickup truck that reassured me that I'm actually alive and kicking.

I know from whence you come!

Smiley

wheeltowin's avatar - bee
            Peoria IL
            United States
            Member #94520
            July 21, 2010
            63 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2010, 9:28 am - IP Logged

Sorry ducat is the wrong term, just looked up defintion and ducats were "actual" money (gold). Should have said monopoly money because that is exactly what a dollar is worth these days! Had that song in my head.Guitar

Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
              Nova Scotia
              Canada
              Member #9934
              December 27, 2004
              891 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2010, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Yes, I have wasted alot of money buying lottery tickets, but I dare to dream, and buy tickets hoping I am going in the right direction with the numbers..Dance

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3316 Posts
                Posted: September 13, 2010, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

nah quitting buying tickets would be total surrender to defeat.

the only person who will never win the lotto is the person who doesnt buy a ticket.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2010, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

When I play the lottery I at least get something back, whether it's a few dollars here or there or the excitement from checking the numbers. Plus, you can't win without losing first.

I'd consider insurance a waste of money long before I'd consider this a waste of money. Spent $100+ a month for years and have never had to use it, never getting anything back or never even any excitement from it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2010, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Welcome Colt45ML, glad you decided to start posting.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2010, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Sorry ducat is the wrong term, just looked up defintion and ducats were "actual" money (gold). Should have said monopoly money because that is exactly what a dollar is worth these days! Had that song in my head.Guitar

"I Wish a buck was still silver and it was back when the country was strong"

That song?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

taxijohn's avatar - odometer444
                        Dutchess County, New York
                        United States
                        Member #8067
                        October 22, 2004
                        3240 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2010, 9:53 am - IP Logged

NO

GOD is great, beer is good and people are crazy! Crazy

"I don't look for the numbers, the numbers look for and sometimes find me..."

United States
                          Member #85338
                          January 13, 2010
                          143 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2010, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Hell, I feel like I'm wasting money doing just about anything....

Lottery is about the only "vice" that may have a nice payoff.  EVerything else that involves money coming out of my pocket will either give me heartburn, cancer or VD.

"It's not a matter of 'if,' but a matter of 'WHEN!!!'  "

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                            Northern Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #83350
                            December 5, 2009
                            1322 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

That's why I rarely play anymore.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                              Member #32537
                              February 12, 2006
                              698 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2010, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

its a matter of how much

is 1 buck for a large jackpot worth the entertainment i get out  of dreaming?

Yes it is, very much so

however if i spend more by buying more then  1 ticket,

then i just wasted a buck in reality, as their can only be 1 winner set of numbers

but ya, i only feel like spending more then a buck not a waste when its above 100/200/300millions + range

mm/pb that is

then its"justiced" to buy more then 1 ticket per draw

i lust atfer large jackpotswith a passion