Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone here actually turn a profit in the long run?

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 6 years ago by corius$1918!.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #93947
July 10, 2010
2180 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2010, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

IMHO, playing the P3 and P4 games will, IN THE LONG RUN, make everyone a loser.  Yet the majority of people on this site play those games.  More power to them.  It's their money; they can do with it as they please.

Even the P5 , P6 and jackpot games will, in the long run, make everyone a loser except for those fortunate few who win the million dollar jackpot (and some of them will become losers i.e. Jack Whitaker).  To say, "Hey!  I won $6000 back in 2005" is to say nothing at all.  Yes, there will be some big winners but they will turn into losers in the long run.

To me the thrill is not in winning nor in the dream of becoming a millionaire overnight.  The thrill is searching for an algorithym that will turn a losing proposition into a profitable proposition.  On those cold, wet winter days when being outside is not an option, I like to sit in front of my computer, open my Excel spreadsheet, and study the relationship between the numbers.  "What if I try this?" I ask myself.  I then program my Excel to find the answer to my question. 

I read the thoughts posted on this site.  Some are good and insightful; some are just plain juvenile.  Most posts push the envelope; some seal the envelope shut, stamp and mail it (and criticize those who wish to push the envelope).

Until a profitable algorithym is found, the lottery will always be a losing proposition IN THE LONG RUN.

Help BP clean up the Gulf.  Buy a tank of BP gas today.

GASMETERGUY,

"To me the thrill is not in winning nor in the dream of becoming a millionaire overnight.  The thrill is searching for an algorithym that will turn a losing proposition into a profitable proposition.  On those cold, wet winter days when being outside is not an option, I like to sit in front of my computer, open my Excel spreadsheet, and study the relationship between the numbers.  'What if I try this?' I ask myself.'  I then program my Excel to find the answer to my question."

I know the feeling, PRECISELY!  However, I channel this curiosity and love of math into the stock market and the horse races!  In these realms, I've found that "past performances" actually DO have some value when trying to select future winners!  Smiley

You might find what's discussed at www.amibroker.com interesting.

--Jimmy4164

P.S.  I also think it might be fun to face the challenge of becoming an overnight millionaire!

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
    Member #51269
    April 3, 2007
    529 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2010, 9:34 am - IP Logged

The original question was  "Does anyone here actually turn a profit in the long run?"

Almost ten years ago  I won the little " Little Lotto "  jackpot "Twice "  4 months apart and along the way won a lot of little "nice" pots.  Then about 2  and a half years ago I picked all 5 numbers in the mega game but not the Megaball.  I figure that along the way ..I have been playing with "their" money!

So...to say that this is pretty all discouraging...that"s "Hogwash!"  Just because their are some who will not say that they are winning something ...doesn"t mean that there isn"t any one winning anything around.

The little lotto was paying 200k at the time and the mega game pays out 250k today. The only "real" issue was with the amount that is deducted for taxes..."gambing taxes" and then having to claim the rest as income the following "APRIL 15th".for your other taxes. All  said...that leaves you only half of what you earned in the first place. 

Delusional!!  I think not!

If you can"t help....then don't....;just leave us with our own sense of Grandeur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Lighten Up   luminus your bulb is getting dim.

Yes you can turn a profit in the "LONG RUN" !!!!

You're talking luck.  My discussion is about lottery systems.  Therefore, your experience doesn't count here.  And, besides, it's not their money you're playing with.  It's yours.  Claiming that it's their money is a delusion, because it doesn't matter how you got it.  All that matters is that it legally belongs to you.

United States
      Member #51269
      April 3, 2007
      529 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2010, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I don't believe one run through of a test is enough to determine that "systems" are useless. That's a pretty big statement. So I guess the Lottery Systems board on here is useless. Thud NOT ! I've learned a ton on there.

Systems run hot and cold, we all know that. Perhaps this was just a cold streak in your system. No need to give up!

Maybe you missed some things in my post.  I back-checked the board.  The systems are useless.  I challenge anyone to demonstrate otherwise.  That challenge has gone unanswered for a week now.  You do the logic.

United States
        Member #51269
        April 3, 2007
        529 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2010, 9:41 am - IP Logged

thanks jimmy...i saw that on another thread that luminous wanted to test our testicular mettle with a one week challenge. That was unrealistic...let's say a challenge over the course of one year.....  that would be more of a test.....and  realistic if he can hang in there that long, lol. 

What people seem to think is that a system will win for you when it is you that still have to PICK the numbers.  so, if you have a decent wheel and can pick the numbers you surely will line up for a big win.

This time....I play for the millions.....a few hundred k doesn't last long believe me...new car..new house...some new girl friends   LOL!!!!

Go back and re-read what you just said.  A year.  A YEAR!Hit With Stick  Exactly how much money are you spending in this year?  $5 a week?  $10; $20?  You'd be thousands of dollars in the hole by the time it was done.  If you want to spend a year demonstrating the metal of your system on here, I would GLADLY follow it.  No excuses.  Step up to the plate.

United States
          Member #51269
          April 3, 2007
          529 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2010, 9:48 am - IP Logged

IMHO, playing the P3 and P4 games will, IN THE LONG RUN, make everyone a loser.  Yet the majority of people on this site play those games.  More power to them.  It's their money; they can do with it as they please.

Even the P5 , P6 and jackpot games will, in the long run, make everyone a loser except for those fortunate few who win the million dollar jackpot (and some of them will become losers i.e. Jack Whitaker).  To say, "Hey!  I won $6000 back in 2005" is to say nothing at all.  Yes, there will be some big winners but they will turn into losers in the long run.

To me the thrill is not in winning nor in the dream of becoming a millionaire overnight.  The thrill is searching for an algorithym that will turn a losing proposition into a profitable proposition.  On those cold, wet winter days when being outside is not an option, I like to sit in front of my computer, open my Excel spreadsheet, and study the relationship between the numbers.  "What if I try this?" I ask myself.  I then program my Excel to find the answer to my question. 

I read the thoughts posted on this site.  Some are good and insightful; some are just plain juvenile.  Most posts push the envelope; some seal the envelope shut, stamp and mail it (and criticize those who wish to push the envelope).

Until a profitable algorithym is found, the lottery will always be a losing proposition IN THE LONG RUN.

Help BP clean up the Gulf.  Buy a tank of BP gas today.

There are no juvenile posts in here.  Not liking a post, doesn't make it juvenile.  That is a fallacy.  Criticizing people is a part of life and people who value an understanding of reality welcome criticism.

I don't know who you were referring to, but my stance is simple.  All I hear is big talk.  "I can do this" or "My system can do that."  Whatever.Disapprove  There's an old term from the '80's we used to say: Put up or shut up.  

What's it going to be?Wink

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
            chicago ill.
            United States
            Member #3600
            February 4, 2004
            337 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2010, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I don't have a system...just a good wheel that will churn out combinations from the numbers that i pick for wheeling...maybe i am lucky...i don't know but 3 big payouts is not too bad...it's just sad that it was over a course of ten years...Ya just have to hang in there. As for how much i spend is decided as to how big my wheels are. I use two. One is for 40 dollars and the other is 60 dollars and only twice a week. So, if you multiply that by 52 weeks you will get an idea of how much i spend. It's a lot less then what i win. I don't have much use for all the systems out there as i have faith in the way i use my flowcharts in picking numbers.

I won't embarrass you by asking how much you have won over xxx time  period but i wish you all the luck in  the world.

I'll let you all know when i do hit the megamillion jackpot. goodwill and good luck to you all.

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2010, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

There are no juvenile posts in here.  Not liking a post, doesn't make it juvenile.  That is a fallacy.  Criticizing people is a part of life and people who value an understanding of reality welcome criticism.

I don't know who you were referring to, but my stance is simple.  All I hear is big talk.  "I can do this" or "My system can do that."  Whatever.Disapprove  There's an old term from the '80's we used to say: Put up or shut up.  

I am not sure I am understanding what you said.  There are juvenile posts on this site as there are on any public forum site.  Heck, I have a posted a few myself.  Go back and read what I said early on, shortly after I joined.  You might get a chuckle out of them.

As to referring to a particular person, I try not to do that too often.  I already have tiggs95 mad at me.  My little red wagon is full at the moment; there is no room for anyone else at this time.

Just what am I to "put up or shut up"?  Or was that meant for me?  I could read your words as referring to those who claim to have a profitable system.  But I am not sure if that is what you meant.

As for me, I am still looking for that "profitable system".  I can win almost any P5/39 game but the cost would be $575,757 per draw.  I do not find that appeasing.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2010, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

..... All I hear is big talk.  "I can do this" or "My system can do that."  Whatever.Disapprove  There's an old term from the '80's we used to say: Put up or shut up.  

You know what's it going to be.  Getting someone to give up their lottery winning system isn't going to be that easy.  In fact if such a system exists, it wouldn't even be for sale let alone be offered up on a dare.

LP is a forum for discussions lotteries so you should expect a lot of talk that not backed up.  It's up to you to separate truth from fiction.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

joplin
                  United States
                  Member #45299
                  August 17, 2006
                  151 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2010, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I think anyone can make a profit.  Its the game your playing.  You can play p/3 box and make a net profit of at least $50 a week.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2010, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I think anyone can make a profit.  Its the game your playing.  You can play p/3 box and make a net profit of at least $50 a week.

Are you saying you are ahead at least $50 every week?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

joplin
                      United States
                      Member #45299
                      August 17, 2006
                      151 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying you are ahead at least $50 every week?

It seems to me that everybody poo - poo's playing p/3 box.  Some play str/box, but box only, 

give me a break, you'd have to be nuts.  Everyone wants the jackpot and thats what they play, its

no wonder so few show a profit.   Do you thinks its not possible to walk away with a $50 net profit?

Why not try to make a net profit everyday of $50 or more.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

It seems to me that everybody poo - poo's playing p/3 box.  Some play str/box, but box only, 

give me a break, you'd have to be nuts.  Everyone wants the jackpot and thats what they play, its

no wonder so few show a profit.   Do you thinks its not possible to walk away with a $50 net profit?

Why not try to make a net profit everyday of $50 or more.

Never mind.

You answer a simple question like a politician.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Think about it.  For all the small winnings you get, are you allowing that excitement to cloud your judgement? Have you even bothered doing a comparison study on how much you've spent in a month or year compared to how much money you've won?  If not, I think it's time to run an experiment and get real answers.  No more confirmation biases.

If you are turning a profit, how much profit are we talking about?  $5, $10, $50 per game?  Is it even worth all the effort it takes you to run your system?

Sun SmileyLuminus, when I first started and very new I used to get so excited that yes!! You are right!! I lost a lot of "Investment"! 

we can loose sight of the big picture! and that is to make more than we spend!! It took me a long while to get it; even dough I had two of the Best in the digit game teaching me; they where my grandmother and my mother; boy they were good!!

It does take a special kind of self restrain not to go over board; especially when you are "So Sure"  you know what is coming!!! LOL.. I do turn a profit every week, some weeks more and others less...

I can only speak for myself it is worth the effort, besides I love this game!!1 I love The Lottery Post!  LOl.. Ha,ha,ha. I am a digit fanatic! Play ON !

and as I tell my family here at home, I am "digit Investor", that's my story and I am sticking to it...LoL!Sun SmileyLovies

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: September 17, 2010, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Never mind.

Sun SmileyRd I will anwer you my friend!  am still ahead, some weeks I am ahead by Yards, and other weeks by doves!!!Wink

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

joplin
                              United States
                              Member #45299
                              August 17, 2006
                              151 Posts
                              Posted: September 17, 2010, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Never mind.

I am not trying to evade your question.  Like most playing lottery, I was putting money trying to win

p/3 $600 or Mo lotto and powerball.  And like most, profits are few and far between.  

Imagine, if you could show a net profit of $100. a week, playing box, thats $5200. a yr. or 

$25,000. in 5 yrs, 10 yrs over $50,000.

Think about it, a lot of numbers can be played for very little money.  

For the first time, for the last 3 weeks I've played only box, and my net profit is way up.  I don't

think it is a good policy to post what you make for all the world to see.  Its not there business.

I don't know how this will turn out over the year, but its got to be way better than I have done.