Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When and where do you check your tickets?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 6 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

When and where do you check your tickets?

TV during the actual drawing [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Lottery Post [ 9 ]  [26.47%]
State's Lotto Website [ 15 ]  [44.12%]
Newspaper [ 1 ]  [2.94%]
Other [ 4 ]  [11.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2010, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

My credit card bills are piling up because of the gas I use. So far, the gas has cost me over $35,000.00 in the past 5 years. I need to just check the numbers here at the LP. Much cheaper.

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
    Dover, Delaware
    United States
    Member #26979
    November 25, 2005
    178 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2010, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

My credit card bills are piling up because of the gas I use. So far, the gas has cost me over $35,000.00 in the past 5 years. I need to just check the numbers here at the LP. Much cheaper.

OK you got me LOL

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Buy regular instead of premium. Maybe that's the problem.

Or take a greyhound bus if you're not offended by stinky people.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CA
        United States
        Member #84266
        December 26, 2009
        410 Posts
        Posted: September 20, 2010, 5:34 am - IP Logged

First I usually go to the states website to check but if it's not there I check the USA Mega site.

I usually check a day or two after the drawing so it's almost always on the official state lottery site by the time I go to it. There's a few times I want to check right after the drawing though and sometimes the official site isn't updated for 1-2 hours.

I just hate that when they update the prize amount and it didn't reset, it means I didn't win the jackpot.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: September 20, 2010, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I just hate that when they update the prize amount and it didn't reset, it means I didn't win the jackpot.

Same here. Of course I also hate when it DOES reset because it means someone else DID win. I checked both MM and PB yesterday and was like "Woah, both won, maybe I got lucky on one", but alas... no dice.

That's why I usually try to at least get on one of the sites and copy down the numbers so I can check my tickets at a later date and still have some anticipation of whether all the numbers match or not.

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5345 Posts
            Posted: September 20, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Buy regular instead of premium. Maybe that's the problem.

Or take a greyhound bus if you're not offended by stinky people.

I tired the Greyhound thingy but not for checking my lottery numbers.

A few years ago I moved to Northern California Via Greyhound ,and it was the worst 6 days of my life. I had hippies with guitars around their necks that stunk to high heaven wanting to chat with me, and a Hare Chrishna that gave me a speech on too much salt intake, who also smelled so bad that the subject of too much salt became obsolete at that moment....lol

The good news is that once I win a few million, I can then afford a personal helicopter or Learjet to take me to any state I'll be playing in.

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              699 Posts
              Posted: September 22, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

For Powerball, I check powerball.com right after the drawing.  For the rest of the Louisiana Lottery games, I check lalottery.com the next day.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                Jawja
                United States
                Member #87469
                February 25, 2010
                109 Posts
                Posted: September 23, 2010, 2:05 am - IP Logged

I try to tune in the idiot box for the actual drawings at 10:59 pm.  If not, I check them soon after on the net.

Be sassy and be happy.

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                  Jawja
                  United States
                  Member #87469
                  February 25, 2010
                  109 Posts
                  Posted: September 23, 2010, 2:11 am - IP Logged

The Hound Dawg quit running to or past where I live a long time ago.  I guess it was because we ain't got no mo hippies with guitars, and ain't never had no hare krishnas around here to ride the bus and annoy you.  Crazy

Be sassy and be happy.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: September 23, 2010, 3:06 am - IP Logged

one state here in aust. queensland, has or had, on their lotto site in the claiming a winning section.

write your name and adress on the back of the ticket and take it to your  bank manager as a form of claiming it!

ill see if its still there

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 23, 2010, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I try to tune in the idiot box for the actual drawings at 10:59 pm.  If not, I check them soon after on the net.

I don't think I understand; is tiggs living in a box now?

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: September 23, 2010, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I don't think I understand; is tiggs living in a box now?

tiggs is going to tell!!!..JROSINA!!!...see what ridge said about tiggs!!!!!...See tiggs told you tiggs was going to tell on you,you hemorrhoid!!!!...

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                          San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: September 23, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I usually watch the TX lottery Webcast. If I miss it, I go to another TX website that posts winning numbers fairly quickly.

Asking a convenience store clerk to check the numbers is a NO NO, given the number of alleged crooks working in those places waiting
                          for some dumb lottery player to come in and ask them to check a ticket.

As an aside, it's really sad that so many lottery scratch card players need to have someone else tell them that they have
                          a winner. If you have 3 of a kind, it's usually a winner!

It's particularly sad when a player with a big win doesn't know that prizes over $600 have to be confirmed and collected at an official lottery claims
                          center.

Have a good one!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                            Northern Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #83350
                            December 5, 2009
                            1315 Posts
                            Posted: September 23, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I get e-mail results for Virginia and Indiana (my brother studies in Indiana and my family and I are all in Virginia). However, I check a lottery results app, Lottery Post, or the state website if they do not send me the results for some reason.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I get e-mail results for Virginia and Indiana (my brother studies in Indiana and my family and I are all in Virginia). However, I check a lottery results app, Lottery Post, or the state website if they do not send me the results for some reason.

I used to get the results by email from the Va Lottery. They would come 2 or 3 days after the drawing.

So I asked them to cancel the service. They stopped the Cash5 report but I'm still getting the Win For Life report sporadically but still 2 or 3 days late. It's apparently taken on a life of it's own and can't be stopped.

VA is much more efficient at hiding in the bushes on Rt 81 and giving out speeding tickets. Bastages.

--Edmund Burke