Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lets say you won pb/mm jackpot, where would you travel to"give details"

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
Member #32537
February 12, 2006
698 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2010, 3:52 am - IP Logged

if you was going to travel atfer a big win, Where in the world would you go, and what would you do

here my input:

i just have basic idea of go to all the six flags, other theme parks that offer VIP stuff

for 1 day for like 1000 bucks in that range,

you can have your own Tour guide who does ever thing for you at the park

, who will just let you pass the lines at six flags!

then i so take some helicopter tour rides around big citys like new york,as they have tourist helicopter rides :D

as am trying out boardway shows, their and going to try out the must costly food places around, ones with views!

so am just intrested, also to get more ideas my self,

where and what you  do while traveling as a jackpot winner!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2010, 4:14 am - IP Logged

I like American History so I would visit all the historical sites of the Civil War, Revolutionary War, the Old Wild West, Washington DC and much more.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      42204 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2010, 8:48 am - IP Logged

All over the USA...

HyperBe Happy.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3316 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2010, 10:37 am - IP Logged

i always liked the idea of metal detecting for gold. a top quality detector costs in the range of $6k. a good 4wd camper prob another $50k

sundry equip another $10k  then id hit some gold fields around Australia.

you may laugh," WTF" you will say. "you already hit the jackpot."  but as i camp out for 6 months , walking around the bush seeing mother nature, learning some geology, my money will be back at home earning interest. and even if i dont get a sniff of a gold nugget ill walk away wealthier than when i went bush.  plus camping out without all the mod cons and contrivences  focuses you on whats important in life., and with that sort of money i think ill need constant reminders .

and ill also need some quiet time to plan out my race track :P

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2010, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

tiggs and the Brain would go to the McNutts home and break bread with them..That would be a real pleasure..

Milwaukee, WI
            United States
            Member #3131
            December 27, 2003
            665 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2010, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

There would be too much work to do. Getting finances in line, buy my property, start on getting my house build MY way.

Maybe have an escape house built in case the US economy crushes, maybe a nice duplicate house in New Zealand or Australia... At least I can spend winters there...

MarkP

United States
              Member #26330
              November 16, 2005
              330 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2010, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I love to travel..so I would probably go alot of places.  However I have been kicking around doing a sort of Whiskey tour..  Going to several of my favorite distillaries...  Jack Daniel's in Lynchburg, TN  then up to Clermont, KY to see Jim Beam's....then to Loretto, KY to Maker's Mark.  That is if I can still see straight!  LOLPuke

CA
                United States
                Member #84266
                December 26, 2009
                410 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2010, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

I would go on a nationwide food tour where I'll go to as many good restaurants I can in just about every state.

I would visit Japan, Europe and other nice countries.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2010, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I'd take a season and see a game in every major league baseball stadium.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Monkey Butt, USA
                    United States
                    Member #54569
                    August 23, 2007
                    1124 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2010, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably purchase a house on wheels and a sturdy wok and travel to every city in the state of TX visiting the Chamber of Commerce to learn about the city's history.

I would most definitely spend a lot of time in the coastal towns scarffing down mega loads of sea food.

Shrimp-Crab-Lobster-Fish-Calamari-Gator-Kelp.....

Afterwards, I'd probably have to rent a flatbed tow truck to haul my hefty butt home. LOL

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: September 30, 2010, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I'd spend the spring in Europe, starting with Great Britain/Ireland.  I'd spend the summer in a motorhome travelling the US, particularly the northern and/or mountainous parts that are a bit cooler in the summer.  I'd spend the fall following the Boise State Broncos on their games, I'd attend every one.  And I'd spend the winter in my motorhome exploring the states that are toasty that time of year.

After the first year I'd give up the motorhome and travel to Europe each spring (Germany/Austria/Poland etc. is next) and follow the Broncos each fall, flying rather than motorhoming.   Other than a week-long trip here and there to US destinations, I'd be enjoying my new home the rest of the year.

Sacramento, CA
                        United States
                        Member #96354
                        August 28, 2010
                        159 Posts
                        Posted: September 30, 2010, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I would 'travel' on a small (100 foot) research vessel to the South Pacific, approximately 80 nautical miles northwest of Howland Island. That is where I believe Amelia Earhart and her navigator, Fred Noonan, are located, along with the remains of her plane. From that point, I'd have to figure out a way to recover the wreckage.

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                          lottoville
                          United States
                          Member #95474
                          August 11, 2010
                          132 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2010, 3:50 am - IP Logged

I would love to see a total solar eclipse in real life. It's awe-inspiring to see the moon fit over the sun perfectly like a glove.

The only ones I've seen are in movies like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOvWioz4PoQ

Ofcourse a movie can never be anywhere as good the real thing.

The next total solar eclipse will happen in November 2012 over NE Australia and the South Pacific Ocean. If I miss this chance I'd have to wait about 3 years for another opportunity. If I won a big jackpot, I'd book a Papua New Guinea Cruise like this one here http://www.travelquesttours.com/NewGuinea2012Cruise/New_Guinea_2012_home.htm

The chance to explore Australia, Papua New Guinea and see a rare celestial event would be hard for me to pass up, if I had the cash.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5768 Posts
                            Posted: October 1, 2010, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Me too.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                              Jawja
                              United States
                              Member #87469
                              February 25, 2010
                              109 Posts
                              Posted: October 1, 2010, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

There is this old couple here where I live that did that.  Big Braves fans that, when they retired, followed the team on road trips in a motorhome back in the 90s when Bravos were really good.  Went to every NL park with the Braves, and on off days went to the closest AL park for a game.  They also spent the entire spring training with them in Florida.  Mighty good stuff that.

Be sassy and be happy.