Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lets say you won pb/mm jackpot, where would you travel to"give details"

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
Jawja
United States
Member #87469
February 25, 2010
109 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2010, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

if you was going to travel atfer a big win, Where in the world would you go, and what would you do

here my input:

i just have basic idea of go to all the six flags, other theme parks that offer VIP stuff

for 1 day for like 1000 bucks in that range,

you can have your own Tour guide who does ever thing for you at the park

, who will just let you pass the lines at six flags!

then i so take some helicopter tour rides around big citys like new york,as they have tourist helicopter rides :D

as am trying out boardway shows, their and going to try out the must costly food places around, ones with views!

so am just intrested, also to get more ideas my self,

where and what you  do while traveling as a jackpot winner!

First off, I'd go up to North Carolina and get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive up as far as Lexington, Virginia and go to where old Stonewall is resting and ruminate with him for a while.  I do this every so often, and I think if I won a big jackpot it would be the last time I'd have a chance to do so;  would probably make  an entire morning or afternoon of it.  Then I'd go chill out in Lexington and maybe spend the night if I got a little too tipsy to hit the road.

Then I'd ride on up to Charlottesville and leave my vehicle at a friend's house and take the Amtrack up to NYC and spend a few days there and stay at the old Vanderbilt YMCA in Midtown. 

From there I'd go out to Kennedy and catch a flight (first class of course) to Milan Italy and meet my wife there and go to Venice and fulfill her dream for us to ride the gondola like the two love birds that we are.  I'd tell her about winning the jackpot while we are in the gondola.

Finally, we'd go up to Zurich and check on our money and meet the boys at the bank.

After that, who knows?

Be sassy and be happy.

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
    Harrison Township Michigan
    United States
    Member #90088
    April 21, 2010
    4265 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2010, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Your first statment has limits to it. "if you was going to travel atfer a big win, Where in the world would you go, and what would you do"

First i would travel the globe with stops in Amsterdam, Well all of Europe. I would spend time in Italy, Denmark, Scottland, Australia, finish my trip in Spain staying in Madrid for a while, love that city, lots of museums, art gallery's and tons of nightlife, i would like to do New Years eve there again!! Then heading to the east coast to Barcelona and Valencia on the mediterranean sea. I love the awesome terrain and the old style, untouched towns in between the larger city's like Sacedon Spain.  I would spend a couple weeks fishing Lake Sacedon and enjoying the ruralness, is ruralness a word, if not it is now cause i would have enough money to make it so.

Then i would come back to the good ole USA and fish all the rivers and lakes i could before my arms fell off. Would travel in a fine motor home. After all is done here i would buy me a space shuttle and update it with warp drive and go back to my planet on the other side of the sun. My mission would be complete.

Cutla$$Bob aka Resident Alien.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

Sacramento, CA
      United States
      Member #96354
      August 28, 2010
      159 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2010, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Cutlassbob, do you work on the "Bang Seat", or all the egress components? Also, are they still doing the depot/IRAN for Falcons at Hill?

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: October 7, 2010, 7:26 am - IP Logged

First traveling I'd do is go to Austin and stay in a nice hotel for a few days, during which the same time my lawyer will be taking care of everything. I would take these two days to relax knowing that any worry I've had is gone (I know some say that's when they just begin but I barely constitute having to say 'no' to people a worry).

The first actual traveling I'd do actually consists of two trips. The first would be a stay in Las Vegas for 2-3 days. My only other trip there was a budget trip so it was a low level room with barely a view so for this one I would go all out, fancy room with a great view. I don't plan on spending much on gambling but I would definitely do some of that to get the full Vegas experience as last time I did hardly any. After those 2-3 days are up I would hop on a plane to Los Angeles and go up to Santa Monica where I would have a hotel room overlooking the beach. Since I've never been to California I'd spend about 4 days there. In those 4 days I would do the typical tourist things but the main plan would be to rent a nice convertible and drive along the Pacific Coast Highway. I think this would be an excellent way to relax and take everything in. Before I went I would purchase a nice camera so I could make stops at different points and take pictures.

The next trip would be a major one, a trip to Chicago and then to New York for winter holidays. For the Chicago trip most people on my father's side of the family live up there so it would be easy but it would also consist of flying people over from Germany so it would have to be planned in advance so to make sure they could make it over. After about a week of being in Chicago I would go ahead and go on to New York. I've always wanted to see the city in the winter, particularly for Christmas. I've wanted to take a helicopter tour and would probably do that at another time during the spring/summer months.

The last trip I would want to take is to New Zealand. Not much to say about this place, just it's one of the places I really want to visit before I die. I after I took this vacation it would most likely be some time before I took another one. I'm not a huge trip taker so those alone would be enough to satisfy my needs.

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: October 7, 2010, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I'd take a season and see a game in every major league baseball stadium.

I would luv to follow NASCAR around for 1 year start to finish ! Start in Florida - end in Florida.

TeAl*888's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
            Ontario
            Canada
            Member #97475
            September 17, 2010
            69 Posts
            Posted: October 7, 2010, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

St. Petersburg Russia is where the Party's at! Wink

Stp

Jawja
              United States
              Member #87469
              February 25, 2010
              109 Posts
              Posted: October 10, 2010, 2:15 am - IP Logged

St. Petersburg Russia is where the Party's at! Wink

Stp

You might as well just save time and money and go spend a weekend in Hamilton.  My Torontoan brother in law tells me that anyway.

Russia is one part drunk tank and one part Salvation Army drunken bum shelter.  I guess there is some charm to that since seediness has its own charms.

Be sassy and be happy.

loonasee2's avatar - ty789 zpsxdhaaskf.jpg
                Orangutan Forest
                United States
                Member #95128
                August 4, 2010
                12810 Posts
                Posted: October 10, 2010, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Lets see ,3 kids 10 million each,grand kids college fund 3 million,grand kids 1 million each if they finish college(only have 5 now) lets say 25 million in the fund.

My turn my address would roll,no mailbox(maybe email),I would only roll in the USA seeing things and going places most could only dream of,(wait a minute i'am dreaming).

Remember you can't take it with you so i'll spend a least 2 million per year.

When i"am on my deathbed ,considering money is leftover ,I would order as many loads of horsecrap that money would buy and have it delivered to 1600 Pennsylvania ave.

That dream is over.

next dream p3 and p4Yes Nod

cashbuckets of cash

Ontario
                  Canada
                  Member #97475
                  September 17, 2010
                  69 Posts
                  Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

You might as well just save time and money and go spend a weekend in Hamilton.  My Torontoan brother in law tells me that anyway.

Russia is one part drunk tank and one part Salvation Army drunken bum shelter.  I guess there is some charm to that since seediness has its own charms.

Green laugh

Thanks for the advice!

I wouldn't listen to your brother in law.. do some research and educate yourself

Saint Petersburg was the capital of the Russian Empire for more than 200 years. It's a major European cultural center. The sixth largest city in Europe.

It is Home to the Hermitage Museum the Largest Art Museum in the entire World. It is referred to as the Venice if the North.

The Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and related Groups of Monuments constitute a UNESCO world heritage site.

Visiting that city is the First thing to do on my Bucket List

Stp

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Canada and in Russia

Alcoholism and alcohol abuse statistics reveal that in Canada, an estimated 4 percent of the population over the age of 15 is dependent on alcohol and there are twice as many male alcoholics as female alcoholics.

The highest rate of alcoholism occurs in Canadians between the ages of 20 and 24.  In Canadian surveys, about 20% of the current and former drinkers stated that their alcoholic drinking negatively affected them, usually affecting their jobs or their finances.

According to alcoholism and alcohol abuse statistics, alcoholism and alcohol abuse have reached dangerous levels in Russia, where it is estimated that approximately one-third of all deaths are related, either directly or indirectly, to alcohol abuse or to alcoholism.

Ironically, the attempts by the Russian government to control drinking by closing bars, breweries, and distilleries, have backfired and have instead created an extensive black market for alcohol, as well as a nation of individuals who have become proficient at hiding their alcohol problems.

Sounds like there's a bunch a drunks in both countries.

I'm shocked and appalled.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #97475
                      September 17, 2010
                      69 Posts
                      Posted: October 10, 2010, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Well

Cheers to that!

beer

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: October 13, 2010, 5:28 am - IP Logged

ohh and of course a after i get my giant airship fitted out like a luxury hotel ill cruise the world, and viwe the sites from my glass bottom obsevation room, no particular hurry to get any where, except maybe away any place that fires AA missles at me. but hopefully ill be cruising too high for them to notice

oh and of course a fully stocked bar

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Jawja
                          United States
                          Member #87469
                          February 25, 2010
                          109 Posts
                          Posted: October 14, 2010, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I'm well aware that Hamilton is a seriously blue collar town.  My b in law said that about 5 years ago Toronto outlawed smoking in bars.  Hamilton's reaction was to make well known that you could still smoke in bars there and began a campaign to get people to come to Hamilton, where you can get commode hugging drunk and smoke a pack of cigarettes at the same time. 

And yea, I'm aware that St. Petersburg is the jewel of Russia; much more so than Moscow.  However, that doesn't negate the fact that they are all dying of cerosis of the liver.

Be sassy and be happy.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                            Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #58835
                            February 27, 2008
                            148 Posts
                            Posted: October 14, 2010, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I would go to Florida, spend a month at Disney World.  (My kids would love me!)  Disney's also opening up a new hotel in Hawaii, that would be a must.  I would cruise, Disney also.  (see a theme here?)

I've always wanted to visit Seattle and Salt Lake City, for some reason.  If I had the time and money, I would do those as well.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23275 Posts
                              Posted: October 14, 2010, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

What a great thread, lots of interesting ideas and places!

Personally, I'd have to buy a house someplace warm for the winter.  That would be the first thing.  Then, for places I'd like to go?

Relaxing in the Florida Keys.

Bass fishing in the land of 10,000 lakes (Minnesota).

Skiing in Colorado.

Cruise to Alaska.

I'd also have to get myself a Harley for cruising on warm spring days.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!