Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you want to claim jackpot anonymously, how do you sign the back of the ticket?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
Wisconsin
United States
Member #58835
February 27, 2008
148 Posts
Posted: October 16, 2010, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

So, I was daydreaming about when I win the lottery Wink and had a thought.  I would go to a family friend, who is a lawyer.  I would want him to set up a blind trust, so we could claim the jackpot anonymously.  How do you sign the back of the ticket if you claim it anonymously?  You can't sign your name, obviously.  Or do you sign your name and that part is confidential? 

Anyone know?

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: October 16, 2010, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

They say you really need to know what your doing before you try a blind trust..Be very carefull handing over a ticket unsigned to anyone friend or famiy memebr..tiggs would never do that but tiggs has been around a long time he would just sign it cash it and hide the reast of his life..Good luck no matter what you do and hope you have that problem someday..

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2010, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

i think its the name of the trust on the back.

personally id cancell my phones and put my own name on the back

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Jack-C's avatar - us
        San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #61467
        May 24, 2008
        28146 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2010, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

So, I was daydreaming about when I win the lottery Wink and had a thought.  I would go to a family friend, who is a lawyer.  I would want him to set up a blind trust, so we could claim the jackpot anonymously.  How do you sign the back of the ticket if you claim it anonymously?  You can't sign your name, obviously.  Or do you sign your name and that part is confidential? 

Anyone know?

The name on the back is supposed to be the name of the person that purchased the ticket.  The trust can be done later, but I don't think you want a "blind trust".  A blind trust is what politicians set up when they get elected to office.  It puts certain assets into the trust so the person has NO control of the assets.  

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4526 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2010, 2:24 am - IP Logged

I order from the bazooka joe bubble gum wrapper - some invisible ink with special spy glasses! Then only I know that I signed it :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2010, 9:06 am - IP Logged

I order from the bazooka joe bubble gum wrapper - some invisible ink with special spy glasses! Then only I know that I signed it :)

Best idea so far...

Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #58835
              February 27, 2008
              148 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2010, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I see what everyone is saying about not trusting lawyers, etc.  I don't mind "going public", but just worry about the safety of my kiddos. 

Thanks again!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

well a blind trust has too many bad points , you think winning a lotto  is a recipie for trouble immagine having those winnings entrusted to you to manage?

this guy has 100 mill, poeople will think, he wont mis 10k for my holiday to someplace.

hey he didnt notice i really would like a new sports car.

man this guy is stupid he doesnt derserve this money , I deserve this money, im doing all the hard work.

soon everyones partying but you. 

and as its a blind trust you wont know whats going on, till its auditted. these accountant types have some dodgey auditor mates, just look at the mortgage crisis.

yeah id speak to trusted freinds,, and see if thwey have any family lawyer contacts , trusted family lawyer ones, not just a name out the phone book.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
                  Member #65961
                  October 11, 2008
                  162 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2010, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Anyone know?

I have been asking this questions for months.....LOL!!!!

I have a list of what not to do, however, when it comes to this question, how do you sign the ticket.....no one knows the answer, or the step you take afterwards.

I have often thought it would be cool if Todd could host a Q & A forum for all LP members in which we could ask questions to a Lawyer or Financial Advisor who is skilled in dealing with lottery jackpot winners.

They could answer all of our questions and we could have it as a link to use for future references.

I don't know how this would work, but it is a thought.....

Otherwise,

I think I will just have to win the jackpots, and go throught the process of claiming my winning anonymously.  And then I shall come on this board and tell you how it is done.

Sacramento, CA
                    United States
                    Member #96354
                    August 28, 2010
                    159 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2010, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

gonnawinwatchme,

If a winning ticket (In California) is valued over $600.00, the winner is required to sign the ticket. He or she is also required to submit the winning ticket by mail or in person, along with a claim form,  to have it processed. I don't quite understand the "Anonymous" portion of your question. The person who wins an amount above $600.00  (again, in California) cannot remain anonymous. He or she will have to submit to an interview, and furnish their name, address, social security number, driver's license, and sign a form which states the documents are valid. That pretty much precludes one's anonymity...

Jack-C's avatar - us
                      San Diego, CA
                      United States
                      Member #61467
                      May 24, 2008
                      28146 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2010, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I have been asking this questions for months.....LOL!!!!

I have a list of what not to do, however, when it comes to this question, how do you sign the ticket.....no one knows the answer, or the step you take afterwards.

I have often thought it would be cool if Todd could host a Q & A forum for all LP members in which we could ask questions to a Lawyer or Financial Advisor who is skilled in dealing with lottery jackpot winners.

They could answer all of our questions and we could have it as a link to use for future references.

I don't know how this would work, but it is a thought.....

Otherwise,

I think I will just have to win the jackpots, and go throught the process of claiming my winning anonymously.  And then I shall come on this board and tell you how it is done.

I guess you missed my answer.  I explained "how do you sign the ticket".  

Jack-C's avatar - us
                        San Diego, CA
                        United States
                        Member #61467
                        May 24, 2008
                        28146 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2010, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

gonnawinwatchme,

If a winning ticket (In California) is valued over $600.00, the winner is required to sign the ticket. He or she is also required to submit the winning ticket by mail or in person, along with a claim form,  to have it processed. I don't quite understand the "Anonymous" portion of your question. The person who wins an amount above $600.00  (again, in California) cannot remain anonymous. He or she will have to submit to an interview, and furnish their name, address, social security number, driver's license, and sign a form which states the documents are valid. That pretty much precludes one's anonymity...

What is meant by "anonymous" when it comes to lottery winnings is that the winner does not want the media or the rest of the world to know that they won.  

United States
                          Member #99005
                          October 18, 2010
                          4 Posts
                          Posted: October 19, 2010, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Genious.

During WWI, invisible ink was discovered by using semen.

I would have my invisible signature and DNA on the ticket.

The guy who discovered invisible "ink" during WWI was Mansfield Cumming.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2010, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

i think its the name of the trust on the back.

personally id cancell my phones and put my own name on the back

The Missouri Lottery website suggests doing exactly that with the phones.

They have an excellent page on "What to do if you're a winner",  well worth looking at.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #58835
                              February 27, 2008
                              148 Posts
                              Posted: October 19, 2010, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again everyone for your responses!

Well, I looked at Wisconsin's website and this is what is says about being anonymous:

"Can a winner remain anonymous?

Not in the true sense of the word. Wisconsin has what is called an "open records law." In short, virtually any piece of information state government produces or controls is available to any organization or person requesting. The statutes are specific however, in determining what individual information may be subject to this law. Only information "in the public’s interest" may be released by a government agency. What this means for Lottery winners is two-fold. One, it has been determined that it is in the public’s interest to know there have been lottery winners, as the proceeds of the Lottery are for public use (property tax relief). Two, the Lottery, upon request must release the name of the winner and that person’s hometown. Any other information about the winner, future plans or background information will be released only with the winner’s consent. Likewise, the winner may or may not speak to the media—it is not required, nor can it be prevented."
                              So, basically, I can't remain anonymous when I win?  I mean, if they release my name and hometown, I'm screwed!  I live in a very small town!!