Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you want to claim jackpot anonymously, how do you sign the back of the ticket?

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
Member #65961
October 11, 2008
162 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2010, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Perfecttiming!!  Even though every state is different, I'm sure there ARE some similarities.  I printed out your post and put it with my "what to do when I win the lottery" file! :)

Hey.............so nice to know that I am not the only one who has a file like that!

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #58835
    February 27, 2008
    148 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2010, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Hey.............so nice to know that I am not the only one who has a file like that!

I'm a girl that believes in being prepared! Wink  Plus, when we do win, I don't want to be running around, like the proverbial chicken with my head cutoff....although I'm sure I won't be my calmest either.

Perfecttiming2's avatar - redcross

United States
      Member #65961
      October 11, 2008
      162 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2010, 4:46 am - IP Logged

I'm a girl that believes in being prepared! Wink  Plus, when we do win, I don't want to be running around, like the proverbial chicken with my head cutoff....although I'm sure I won't be my calmest either.

I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!

Have you ever read the book "Sudden Money" by Susan Bradley?

If not , you should get it...........it is one of the best books on how to handle a "sudden money event" like winning the lottery.

Ms. Bradley is a financial planner with a clientele of those who have experienced "enormous sudden wealth".

In her book she has all kinds of real-life examples of mistake others have made and how you should avoid them.

She also addresses the psychological effects of winning a large some of money, the reasons behind it and how to handle it.

If anyone really believes that they are going to win, now is the time to prepare for it.....and this book is a great start!

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
        Jawja
        United States
        Member #87469
        February 25, 2010
        109 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2010, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

You are so right....

After some further investigating I did find that your "Trust" can actually be owned by another "Trust" to make it difficult for the true ownership of the first Trust to be revealed.

In other words, anyone who wanted to know who owns the first Trust would only come across the name of another "Trust" (example: "WinnerCircle Trust" is owned by the "ABC Trust").

Even better is to have the second trust that owns the original jackpot collecting trust be located in an offshore entity.  That way anyone that wants to find out who the garrantor of that trust is will have to go deal with the legal system in the country where the trust is located.   Even better, because coutries with good trust laws make the possibility of success in getting your identity very remote, most lawyers won't even try.

Be sassy and be happy.

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
          Jawja
          United States
          Member #87469
          February 25, 2010
          109 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2010, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I have a very common name, like John Smith...(everytime I try to make a dang doctor's appt or haircut appt, there's thousands of us...they have to use my birthday, for goodness sakes'!) but I just worry about the safety of my children.

I think I would have to force myself to hideout, maybe somewhere tropical.  Sigh.  It would be so rough! Wink

Are they still young(by that I mean are they still your dependents)?  If so, then just take them into "exile" with you.

Be sassy and be happy.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: October 24, 2010, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Re: "What to do when I win the lottery" files, add this book to the must reads:

Infinite Financial Freedom

What To Do Before And After You Win the Lottery

by Robert Sanford, Ceritified Financial Planner

He gives a real good example of people winning the same amount of money and giving the same amount of money to a charity, but one donation is a straight cash one and the other is a trust, big difference.

This is also the only thing I've ever seen that suggests Kidnap & Ransom insurance.

This has been mentioned here but I felt it was worth repeating.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.