Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Digit System Filters (Another Angle)

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: November 6, 2010, 1:51 am - IP Logged

LANTERN,

Characteristics of Digits.  When you think about the opening post to this thread, which showed how completely arbitrary the labeling of balls in a Lotto game is, doesn't it seem just a little bit bordering on the absurd to attribute some sort of predictive ability to the results of cutting apart these labels, and then adding and subtracting and counting the results of these splittings and splicings?

Another member addressed this point quite well earlier on.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/219297/1758123

Be sure to read the last paragraph.

--Jimmy4164

What is called "Labels" there don't have "Predictive Ability"

What might have "Predictive Ability" is a good "Statistical Prediction Technique"

What that person and very many more don't have is "An Understanding Of Statistical Prediction".

You might be reading posts by people who have no understanding of the prediction process.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 6, 2010, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Characteristics by themselves don't have predictive ability, it is "The Right Interpretation Of their Patterns" that have the predictive ability.

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: November 6, 2010, 2:05 am - IP Logged

Characteristics by themselves don't have predictive ability, it is "The Right Interpretation Of their Patterns" that have the predictive ability.

LANTERN,

And to quote you from above,

You might call such relationships, "Coincidental", but as I always said, "What Really Matters are Results" regardless of how you get them.

"The proof is in the pudding"

--Jimmy4164

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: November 6, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

LANTERN,

And to quote you from above,

You might call such relationships, "Coincidental", but as I always said, "What Really Matters are Results" regardless of how you get them.

"The proof is in the pudding"

--Jimmy4164

Well, it is "Finito" for me here, as I right now have no more to say about this.

Good Luck!

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: November 6, 2010, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Let me state my position in another way.  If pictures (or some eually  obtruse system) is employed in any endeavor (i.e. lotto), we will translate whatever appears into a language.  Math is as much a language as English, Spanish, or Hindu.  Once we have established a language we can manipulate those objects to our hearts content.

I realize what you are saying; that there is no proven, infallable method for predicting the future and you are right.  Today there is no way.  Very intelligent people have tried over the centuries to find some consistancy in random events and have failed.  Very intelligent people will continue to try and failure will come fast and furious.  Constant failure is no excuse not to try (expecially where money is involved).  I can only speak for myself but I will continue to try.  My chances for success are equal to my chances of winning the Powerball but I still buy tickets from time to time.  I might just win.

What I fail to understand are those people who insist there is no way to predict a future draw.  If they feel that way, why are they here, on this site?  Are they attempting to discourage those of us who feel (as opposed to know) from trying?  If so, they will be sorely disappointed.

United States
            Member #93947
            July 10, 2010
            2180 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2010, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Let me state my position in another way.  If pictures (or some eually  obtruse system) is employed in any endeavor (i.e. lotto), we will translate whatever appears into a language.  Math is as much a language as English, Spanish, or Hindu.  Once we have established a language we can manipulate those objects to our hearts content.

I realize what you are saying; that there is no proven, infallable method for predicting the future and you are right.  Today there is no way.  Very intelligent people have tried over the centuries to find some consistancy in random events and have failed.  Very intelligent people will continue to try and failure will come fast and furious.  Constant failure is no excuse not to try (expecially where money is involved).  I can only speak for myself but I will continue to try.  My chances for success are equal to my chances of winning the Powerball but I still buy tickets from time to time.  I might just win.

What I fail to understand are those people who insist there is no way to predict a future draw.  If they feel that way, why are they here, on this site?  Are they attempting to discourage those of us who feel (as opposed to know) from trying?  If so, they will be sorely disappointed.

GASMETERGUY,

The only difference between what I believe and what you stated in your first 2 paragraphs is that I would probably assign a much lower probability to the chances of success at predicting the future than you would.  The theory of General Relativity pretty much precludes it in our lifetime since we travel so slow relative to the speed of light.  If scientific advances put crystal balls and time travel "on the table," I doubt if lottery players will get the first crack at them.  Smiley

As for your 3rd paragraph:  I have never argued that we should not play the lottery, and I don't remember any other posters here doing so.  What I have argued is that convincing people they have the ability to increase their odds of winning through some selection method gives them FALSE HOPE which increases the chances they will gamble in the Lottery irresponsibly, to the detriment of their family obligations.  (I've witnessed it!) It seems to me there is an element of greed in requiring an EDGE before buying a lottery ticket. The overall ROI in most state lotteries is 50 Cents on the Dollar.  I don't have any problem with that.  If I never win back more than half of what I spend over the years it will be worth it for that tiny chance of hitting a huge Jackpot.  And except for Kentucky, where it's unclear, most states appear to be putting my 50¢ to pretty good use.

When friends tell me I'm nuts for playing the Powerball with such low odds of winning, I enjoy asking them, "Where in this world can you improve your odds of winning $Millions from INFINITY-TO-ONE all the way down to SEVERAL-MILLION-TO-ONE, for $1.00?"  Smiley

Good Luck GUY!

--Jimmy4164

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3983 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2010, 4:17 am - IP Logged

jimmy jack

Still can't find anyone who want's to play your game,  keep trying I am sure there is someone

out there.   Since you still feel the need to attack my digit system I must attemp to convence

you of the error of your ways.  Eyerything posted above about the symbols or graphics means

nothing and shows your total lack of understanding.  Around 20 members and I have formed

a private group where we can talk about the digit system without your comments cluttering

up the yard.   I posted a question to the group members asking them a similar question to the

one I ask you now.  Lets say that I gave you a power ball ticket and told you with 100% certainty

that 5 of the numbers were on the ticket.  How many tickets would you need to purchase to ensure

a jackpot.  Of the total tickets how many lower prizes of 3 of 5 and 4 of 5 would you end up with. 

I told you way back I knew what I was doing but you don't seem to be able to pass up the chance

to take a dump anywhere you are not wanted.  I thought you could read between the lines as to

just what I was doing when I posted this system but you missed it by a lightyear.  Someday I will

post my intentions and then you will really feel like a JA.   I will give another little hint as I feel so

good about the changes that have been made.

Enough of that now on to the lesson.  The main idea behind the digit system is the selection of the

digits.  Close to 80% of all draws contain  5 or 6 digits that make up the five numbers within any set.

This is not random nor is this information gotten from viewing past drawings.  If you check any number

lottery you can find this information within the whole matrix of sets, Six number lotteries  will be a

little different but the same principles apply.  The drawings will always follow the matrix.   If  37% of

the total sets have 2 odd numbers then 37% of the draws will have 2 odd numbers.  Just looking and

studying the matrix will give a person a very good Idea of how to play and thus the digit system is born.   

You think that all of this is junk and useless to the point that it has no value in helping someone play

a better set and I think you are off your rocker.  I had a friend that won $200,000 dollars playing

PB and to talk to them they almost hit the jackpot because they missed by just one number.  I wanted

to laugh but did not.  First it was a QP that hit the 5 of 5 w/o the powerball.  Take some time and make

the calculations above to see just how close they came and that is only if they knew that 5 of the winning

numbers were on that ticket. 

Picking 5 or 6 digits to play is not forcing these digits to be drawn,  Picking 5 digits to play is very different

then predicting which 5 numbers to play.  Picking 5 of 10 gives the odds of 1 in 252 and picking 6 of 10

gives 1 in 210 chance of being correct.  Picking 5 of 39 gives odds of 1 in 575757.  This first step even at

1 in 200+  odds is a very big order and everyone that has my software will tell you it is very hard to

do.  The next step in the digit system is to try and time your play to the days that you think will include

all three base digits 1-2-3.  These digits also follow the matrix and the percent of drawings that will have

them can be calculated also.  Now if a person plays 5 digits and 3 of them will be 1-2-3 then that person

only needs to select two more digits from seven.  This gives odds of 1 in 21 for selecting the correct digits.

Now on most days I can by using some simple common sense and a few other calculations select two

2 digits of the seven that I believe will not be drawn.  This leaves me with a 2 of 5 selection that gives odds

of 1 in 10.  The last step of the digit system is to select Total digits.  Total digits are all digits that make up

a set excluding any single digit number's paded zero.  This is the whole digit system, my software has many

tools aimed at helping make the selections but depends very much on how the user defines the data for any

one selection.  Picking 5 numbers from a pool of 39 gives odds of 1 in 575757.  The methd I have posted can

place the winning set within a very small group compared to all possible sets in the matrix. 

Playing a QP is the same as removing 34 numbers so that argument dosen't hold water either.  The digit

system is a method that makes it somewhat easy to trap the winning combination within a small percent of

the total sets.  Even if I am left with 5,000 sets the odds have been reduced to the point that if many people

played my system then the lottery could not survive.  I won't release what I am working on now because it

is unfinished and partly because of what would happen to the lottery.  Even if I could trap the winning set

in 5000 drawings 1 out of every 10 attemps this would beat the odds of the game,  even if I could trap the

winning set only 2 or 3 times in 100 attemps I would still beat the odds. 

I am sure that you could ask anyone using my software if this could be done and they would tell you that it

would be many more times then the 1 in 10 attemps.   I think I could do it 5 out of 10 draws on average.  My

software also has conditional settings for each digit that can allow a person to play up to 8 digits and still be

in the 5000 range.  You need to try this and prove it to yourself as I allready know it can be done.  My goal is

to trap the winning set in less then 20 sets.  This may take me many more years to do on any kind of a

regular bases but that does'n keep me from trying.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2010, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I just did a 1 week test of a program that can give predictions for the cash 5 and other lottery games, I only tested the TxCash 5 this particular time and it did better than any random quick picks would have been able to do, no question about it:

For example:

The Tx lottery site has that the odds of getting 2 digits right on it 1-37 cash 5 are: 1:9

The odds on 3 digits right are: 1:88

A website says that the odds of getting 1 digit right are: 2.42

--------------------

Otherwise:

51 in 435897
                41 in 2724
                31 in 88
                21 in 9
                11 in 2
                01 in 2

While the program didn't do great it did better than what one would expect by random chance, on 24 lines for the week it got:

I will not count 1 digit hits on any of the lines predicted, only 2 digits or more hits.

3 Digits right on 4 lines.

0 Digits right on 4 lines.

2 Digits hit and another 2 Digits hit (2 Digits X 2), on 8 lines.

--------

So there were 24 lines played for the week and there were one 3 digits hit and two 2 digits hits.

The odds of the 3 digits hit is 1 in 88

The odds of one 2 digits hit are 1 in 9 and there were 2 such hits.

While not great, it did better than by those random odds.

Take into account that the program has many options, so some people might do better and some worse.

As to the program, well, just don't ask about it, do your own testing on your lottery programs and or trial demos.

It took a hell of a lot of time of testing even prior to this weeks testing.

But it doesn't do great as seen, just a little better than what quick picks would do and only if used right.

------------------------------------------------------------

But it would not make a profit, unless a person gets a jackpot hit with it.

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2010, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

@ Jimmy..........Quote below...

"does it make any logical sense to you that components of the labels painted or glued on the balls are of any significance in a lottery draw?"

So are you saying you want Lottery drawings to occur without any numbers on the balls?

How the heck will we ever know what the winning numbers were?....DUH!!!!

I truly thought you were smarter than that Jimmy...

Chair

United States
                    Member #93947
                    July 10, 2010
                    2180 Posts
                    Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:52 am - IP Logged

jimmy jack

Still can't find anyone who want's to play your game,  keep trying I am sure there is someone

out there.   Since you still feel the need to attack my digit system I must attemp to convence

you of the error of your ways.  Eyerything posted above about the symbols or graphics means

nothing and shows your total lack of understanding.  Around 20 members and I have formed

a private group where we can talk about the digit system without your comments cluttering

up the yard.   I posted a question to the group members asking them a similar question to the

one I ask you now.  Lets say that I gave you a power ball ticket and told you with 100% certainty

that 5 of the numbers were on the ticket.  How many tickets would you need to purchase to ensure

a jackpot.  Of the total tickets how many lower prizes of 3 of 5 and 4 of 5 would you end up with. 

I told you way back I knew what I was doing but you don't seem to be able to pass up the chance

to take a dump anywhere you are not wanted.  I thought you could read between the lines as to

just what I was doing when I posted this system but you missed it by a lightyear.  Someday I will

post my intentions and then you will really feel like a JA.   I will give another little hint as I feel so

good about the changes that have been made.

Enough of that now on to the lesson.  The main idea behind the digit system is the selection of the

digits.  Close to 80% of all draws contain  5 or 6 digits that make up the five numbers within any set.

This is not random nor is this information gotten from viewing past drawings.  If you check any number

lottery you can find this information within the whole matrix of sets, Six number lotteries  will be a

little different but the same principles apply.  The drawings will always follow the matrix.   If  37% of

the total sets have 2 odd numbers then 37% of the draws will have 2 odd numbers.  Just looking and

studying the matrix will give a person a very good Idea of how to play and thus the digit system is born.   

You think that all of this is junk and useless to the point that it has no value in helping someone play

a better set and I think you are off your rocker.  I had a friend that won $200,000 dollars playing

PB and to talk to them they almost hit the jackpot because they missed by just one number.  I wanted

to laugh but did not.  First it was a QP that hit the 5 of 5 w/o the powerball.  Take some time and make

the calculations above to see just how close they came and that is only if they knew that 5 of the winning

numbers were on that ticket. 

Picking 5 or 6 digits to play is not forcing these digits to be drawn,  Picking 5 digits to play is very different

then predicting which 5 numbers to play.  Picking 5 of 10 gives the odds of 1 in 252 and picking 6 of 10

gives 1 in 210 chance of being correct.  Picking 5 of 39 gives odds of 1 in 575757.  This first step even at

1 in 200+  odds is a very big order and everyone that has my software will tell you it is very hard to

do.  The next step in the digit system is to try and time your play to the days that you think will include

all three base digits 1-2-3.  These digits also follow the matrix and the percent of drawings that will have

them can be calculated also.  Now if a person plays 5 digits and 3 of them will be 1-2-3 then that person

only needs to select two more digits from seven.  This gives odds of 1 in 21 for selecting the correct digits.

Now on most days I can by using some simple common sense and a few other calculations select two

2 digits of the seven that I believe will not be drawn.  This leaves me with a 2 of 5 selection that gives odds

of 1 in 10.  The last step of the digit system is to select Total digits.  Total digits are all digits that make up

a set excluding any single digit number's paded zero.  This is the whole digit system, my software has many

tools aimed at helping make the selections but depends very much on how the user defines the data for any

one selection.  Picking 5 numbers from a pool of 39 gives odds of 1 in 575757.  The methd I have posted can

place the winning set within a very small group compared to all possible sets in the matrix. 

Playing a QP is the same as removing 34 numbers so that argument dosen't hold water either.  The digit

system is a method that makes it somewhat easy to trap the winning combination within a small percent of

the total sets.  Even if I am left with 5,000 sets the odds have been reduced to the point that if many people

played my system then the lottery could not survive.  I won't release what I am working on now because it

is unfinished and partly because of what would happen to the lottery.  Even if I could trap the winning set

in 5000 drawings 1 out of every 10 attemps this would beat the odds of the game,  even if I could trap the

winning set only 2 or 3 times in 100 attemps I would still beat the odds. 

I am sure that you could ask anyone using my software if this could be done and they would tell you that it

would be many more times then the 1 in 10 attemps.   I think I could do it 5 out of 10 draws on average.  My

software also has conditional settings for each digit that can allow a person to play up to 8 digits and still be

in the 5000 range.  You need to try this and prove it to yourself as I allready know it can be done.  My goal is

to trap the winning set in less then 20 sets.  This may take me many more years to do on any kind of a

regular bases but that does'n keep me from trying.

RL

RL-RANDOMLOGIC,

Sorry, but I can't agree that all of my statements above in this thread mean nothing.  Can we just disagree?

"Lets say that I gave you a power ball ticket and told you with 100% certaintythat 5 of the numbers were on the ticket."

Wow!  That would be an incredible claim, and I would really be curious about the basis of your certainty.

"I won't release what I am working on now because itis unfinished and partly because of what would happen to the lottery."

This worries me a lot.  This must be a heavy burden for you to bear, knowing that you could bring about the end of lotteries as we know them, purely through the power of your intellect!

"I think I could do it 5 out of 10 draws on average."

Amazing!

"My goal is to trap the winning set in less then 20 sets.  This may take me many more years to do on any kind of a regular bases but that does'n keep me from trying."

Don't ever give up, and Good Luck!

--Jimmy4164

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3983 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2010, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Jimmy

"Lets say that I gave you a power ball ticket and told you with 100% certaintythat 5 of the numbers were on the ticket."

This is a math question and is ment to show the rather large difference between a 2nd level prize and the

jackpot even with a certain amount of known data.  The 100% certainty, well the only way would be some

sort of time travel or other method that could allow one  to see the future or maybe a tip from the RNG

programmer.  This was not the point of the statement.

The splitting of numbers into seperate digits has nothing to do with the draw process.  It is used to provide

biases within the drawings.  Each number in a 5-36 lottery will be drawn on average 5 times in 36

drawings.  It is quite possible for a number to go over 100 draws without being drawn.  No digit has ever

gone 100 draws without being drawn.  When selecting numbers, all numbers have the same odds of being

drawn in any one draw, all digits do not.  Breaking numbers into digits allows one to use this bias to increase

their chance of winning.  I have never said that this is an easy process, because it is not. 

"This worries me a lot.  This must be a heavy burden for you to bear, knowing that you could bring about the end of lotteries as we know them, purely through the power of your intellect!" 

Take a look at MO. 5-39 game and count the total digits for each drawing from 6-15-10 of this year to the most current drawing and see if you find anything out of place.  The entry log file from a little glass room and this data might be interesting to compare.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

bgonçalves
                        Brasil
                        Member #92564
                        June 9, 2010
                        2125 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2010, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi rl randonic, is only a question, your system works well also in draw the where
                         Do I number him/it is not separate for digits? The is been where it is draw, they change a draw of a system of I type separate in the following draw he numbers is junto?eu think every game
                         Of lotus if he/she can foresee from 60% to 80% with accuracy the others they are aleatórios,alias that is in all bad luck games can - if he/she foresees certain point mathematically even later it is random, for this if you ponder in getting right the endings, stopping the digits the left for random in a reaction getting right 80% and 20% supplies!!

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: November 12, 2010, 12:41 am - IP Logged

I just did a 1 week test of a program that can give predictions for the cash 5 and other lottery games, I only tested the TxCash 5 this particular time and it did better than any random quick picks would have been able to do, no question about it:

For example:

The Tx lottery site has that the odds of getting 2 digits right on it 1-37 cash 5 are: 1:9

The odds on 3 digits right are: 1:88

A website says that the odds of getting 1 digit right are: 2.42

--------------------

Otherwise:

51 in 435897
                          41 in 2724
                          31 in 88
                          21 in 9
                          11 in 2
                          01 in 2

While the program didn't do great it did better than what one would expect by random chance, on 24 lines for the week it got:

I will not count 1 digit hits on any of the lines predicted, only 2 digits or more hits.

3 Digits right on 4 lines.

2 Digits hit and another 2 Digits hit (2 Digits X 2), on 8 lines.

--------

So there were 24 lines played for the week and there were one 3 digits hit and two 2 digits hits.

The odds of the 3 digits hit is 1 in 88

The odds of one 2 digits hit are 1 in 9 and there were 2 such hits.

While not great, it did better than by those random odds.

Take into account that the program has many options, so some people might do better and some worse.

As to the program, well, just don't ask about it, do your own testing on your lottery programs and or trial demos.

It took a hell of a lot of time of testing even prior to this weeks testing.

But it doesn't do great as seen, just a little better than what quick picks would do and only if used right.

------------------------------------------------------------

But it would not make a profit, unless a person gets a jackpot hit with it.

Hi!

Remember that test?

No tickets were bought for it at all, but this morning I bought 2 TxCash5 numbers, but not on the same ticket, 1 got only 1 number right on one and the other, this one got 3 numbers right:

Yes, I have a very nice scanner, it is one of the best.

The winning number is:

Cash 5 logo Cash Five
                          11/11/2010
                          5-22-25-27-34

The other cash 5 only got the 34 number right.

3 numbers on only 2 lines, the odds are 1 to 88 lines, well Jimmy what is up with this?

There are already two 3 digits hits on a lot fewer than 88 lines, not counting the 1 and 2 digits hits.

I guess that random is random and you can't beat it (?).

Not my predictions, I only know pick 3 prediction, that is, I have no proper stats and filters software for jackpot kind of games, so I have to depend on programs that make their own predictions such as this one, no, no P.M.s nor nothing, I am not giving the name of this program.

But even if I did and I won't, it is not so easy to learn how to use it right, after all this time I am now just beginning to learn some how to use it more or less right, less so far I guess, it has potential, yet mostly for lower prizes.

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: November 14, 2010, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Hi!

Remember that test?

No tickets were bought for it at all, but this morning I bought 2 TxCash5 numbers, but not on the same ticket, 1 got only 1 number right on one and the other, this one got 3 numbers right:

Yes, I have a very nice scanner, it is one of the best.

The winning number is:

Cash 5 logo Cash Five
                            11/11/2010
                            5-22-25-27-34

The other cash 5 only got the 34 number right.

3 numbers on only 2 lines, the odds are 1 to 88 lines, well Jimmy what is up with this?

There are already two 3 digits hits on a lot fewer than 88 lines, not counting the 1 and 2 digits hits.

I guess that random is random and you can't beat it (?).

Not my predictions, I only know pick 3 prediction, that is, I have no proper stats and filters software for jackpot kind of games, so I have to depend on programs that make their own predictions such as this one, no, no P.M.s nor nothing, I am not giving the name of this program.

But even if I did and I won't, it is not so easy to learn how to use it right, after all this time I am now just beginning to learn some how to use it more or less right, less so far I guess, it has potential, yet mostly for lower prizes.

LANTERN,

(Sorry for the delay in answering; I overlooked your question.)

You said, "3 numbers on only 2 lines, the odds are 1 to 88 lines, well Jimmy what is up with this?"

Nothing.  I find it incredible that anyone with access to the huge cache of lottery results that we have here coupled with the availability of many superb books on probability and combinatorics and cheap home computers, would still persist in believing that the results you pointed to above are unusual and not to be expected from a random process.

--Jimmy4164