Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Consecutive losing tickets

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 6 years ago by MattfromPA.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What is the most consecutive losing tickets you have had from one roll?

Fewer than 3 [ 1 ]  [1.54%]
3 [ 3 ]  [4.62%]
4 [ 5 ]  [7.69%]
5 [ 6 ]  [9.23%]
6 [ 6 ]  [9.23%]
7-9 [ 20 ]  [30.77%]
10-15 [ 19 ]  [29.23%]
16-20 [ 2 ]  [3.08%]
21-29 [ 1 ]  [1.54%]
30+ [ 2 ]  [3.08%]
Total Valid Votes [ 65 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
SE PA
United States
Member #93582
July 3, 2010
1866 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2011, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Here, I believe $10 games like BWS and Money Money Money commonly have 8 losers. Though the most I have personally experienced on them is 6. Hope to never beat my record of 10 losers in a row.

cwcwpa's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
    Philadelphia, PA
    United States
    Member #88424
    March 15, 2010
    5 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2011, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Hi I just joined this site and I will keep check out your "24" theory me and my husband buy way to many tickets too but in the past few weeks we have had 2 $1000 and a few more good ones. Thanks

"some say 666 is the number for the devil, for me it's the day and year I was born I have won playing 666 everytime it has come out so play it if you dare"Evil Smile

South Park, PA
      United States
      Member #105382
      January 30, 2011
      95 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2011, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Hi I just joined this site and I will keep check out your "24" theory me and my husband buy way to many tickets too but in the past few weeks we have had 2 $1000 and a few more good ones. Thanks

OK, here's an update on the PA instant scratch ticket and the number 24 In the last 3 weeks I have hit a few $100.00 winners and a few $50.00 winners. Two of those tickets had the numbers 24 or 14 on them. The rest of the winners I hit, including the $20.00 winners where I just got my money back, DID NOT have the numbers 24 or 14 on them.

I have kept the losers in my bag I carry along in the truck and I think it is time to stop giving my money to the PA lottery. I know the state is in a jam but jeeeezzzzz, give us a break

So some of you won't think I am a complete nut case, I started this last run by winning a $100.00 and then another $100.00 on the "Million Dollar Cash Fever" $20.00 tickets here in PA. Two in the same day. Then it all went south.

Since then I have purchased:

16----- $20.00 "Million Dollar Cash Fever"

11------$20.00 "$100 Million Cash Extravaganza"

3--------$20.00 "$1 Milliom Platinum Payout"

9--------$10.00  "Money Money Money"  (These were in a row, the 10th ticket was a $100.00 winner)

7 -------$10.00  "$250,000 A Year For Life"

1--------$10.00  "Big Winner Spectacular"

3 -------$5.00  "Mother's Day"

1--------$5.00 "Winner Take All"

That's $790.00 in 51 tickets if I did my math correctly.

I'm probably down around $390.00

EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS THE NUMBER 24 OR 24 AND 14 IN THE FIELD.

What's up with that?

There are 40 numbers in the field, WHY do they use the SAME two numbers?

AJ100

FL
        United States
        Member #104946
        January 22, 2011
        105 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2011, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

On FL scratch-offs, I kept seeing 13 and 31. either in the playing field or in the "Your Numbers" section.  I thought there was something to it, but then I have found winners with either 13 or 31 one in either location and I have even won a 30.00 ticket with the 13 matching.

So, Now I can't really tell much if it lead to anything.  Although, it does seem that if 13 and 31 are both in either the "Your numbers" together or the Playing field it is a losing ticket, however if they are split up or there is only a 13 or a 31 on the anywhere and not both of them then more likely it is a winner.

And this could be true for other numbers / pairs of numbers but those two numbers jump out when I see them on a ticket.

SE PA
          United States
          Member #93582
          July 3, 2010
          1866 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2011, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

OK, here's an update on the PA instant scratch ticket and the number 24 In the last 3 weeks I have hit a few $100.00 winners and a few $50.00 winners. Two of those tickets had the numbers 24 or 14 on them. The rest of the winners I hit, including the $20.00 winners where I just got my money back, DID NOT have the numbers 24 or 14 on them.

I have kept the losers in my bag I carry along in the truck and I think it is time to stop giving my money to the PA lottery. I know the state is in a jam but jeeeezzzzz, give us a break

So some of you won't think I am a complete nut case, I started this last run by winning a $100.00 and then another $100.00 on the "Million Dollar Cash Fever" $20.00 tickets here in PA. Two in the same day. Then it all went south.

Since then I have purchased:

16----- $20.00 "Million Dollar Cash Fever"

11------$20.00 "$100 Million Cash Extravaganza"

3--------$20.00 "$1 Milliom Platinum Payout"

9--------$10.00  "Money Money Money"  (These were in a row, the 10th ticket was a $100.00 winner)

7 -------$10.00  "$250,000 A Year For Life"

1--------$10.00  "Big Winner Spectacular"

3 -------$5.00  "Mother's Day"

1--------$5.00 "Winner Take All"

That's $790.00 in 51 tickets if I did my math correctly.

I'm probably down around $390.00

EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS THE NUMBER 24 OR 24 AND 14 IN THE FIELD.

What's up with that?

There are 40 numbers in the field, WHY do they use the SAME two numbers?

AJ100

There will be no argument from me there. To me, PA went hard towards the cheap side late last year and hasn't looked back.

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #109275
            April 9, 2011
            1495 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2011, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

It was the $25 ticket in PA. I think I lost on 9 of them in a row. I remember spending $225 with no winners. I think I hit the end of the pack, so i couldnt go on. Someone must have done decent right before me.  This might be a different topic but how do people feel about droughts. Do you think the winner came just before the drought or after? If before, then I guess chasing winners doesn't work too well

Also today I lost on 8 of 9(someone bought one b4 I got back to the store) and then hit $40 on the 10th ticket on the $5 Emerald's

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2011, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

It was the $25 ticket in PA. I think I lost on 9 of them in a row. I remember spending $225 with no winners. I think I hit the end of the pack, so i couldnt go on. Someone must have done decent right before me.  This might be a different topic but how do people feel about droughts. Do you think the winner came just before the drought or after? If before, then I guess chasing winners doesn't work too well

Also today I lost on 8 of 9(someone bought one b4 I got back to the store) and then hit $40 on the 10th ticket on the $5 Emerald's

I've seen too many losing streaks to go to a lot of one ticket strategy. Tried it with Mother's Day today and got 1 winner of $5. Sometimes someone won big before a losing streak, and other times it's just a bad roll or range. I've seen more of the second outcome lately.

South Park, PA
                United States
                Member #105382
                January 30, 2011
                95 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2011, 7:20 am - IP Logged

I'm done!

Bought 8  $20.00, "$100 Million Cash Extravaganza" tickets yesterday and hit $40.00 on the 8th ticket. It's like playing  fixed card game. You know it is rigged but you play anyway. DUH!!!!!

On the good side, if you count ALL your lotto winnings from the time you started playing, like some of us do, I'm still WAY ahead on these crooks. Won $60,621 way back when on the "Wild Card" lotto here in PA. It was a drawing similar to the power ball. Had 5 and the "wild card". It had rolled over a few weeks so the amount was bigger than usual. Of course uncle sam had to take his cut from MY money so you don't get the entire 60K. 

Good luck everyone, I'm out. I'll take the money I spend on scratch tickets and and bet it on the pigeon shoots I attend.

AJ100

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1866 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2011, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I'm done!

Bought 8  $20.00, "$100 Million Cash Extravaganza" tickets yesterday and hit $40.00 on the 8th ticket. It's like playing  fixed card game. You know it is rigged but you play anyway. DUH!!!!!

On the good side, if you count ALL your lotto winnings from the time you started playing, like some of us do, I'm still WAY ahead on these crooks. Won $60,621 way back when on the "Wild Card" lotto here in PA. It was a drawing similar to the power ball. Had 5 and the "wild card". It had rolled over a few weeks so the amount was bigger than usual. Of course uncle sam had to take his cut from MY money so you don't get the entire 60K. 

Good luck everyone, I'm out. I'll take the money I spend on scratch tickets and and bet it on the pigeon shoots I attend.

AJ100

At least you have that, AJ! I'm still behind for sure because I can't find a really big win.

That Extravaganza is the worst game - I've never been so suspicious of a game. The odds don't even seem close to what they say. I'm 4/18 on it after this morning.

United States
                    Member #109882
                    April 21, 2011
                    158 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2011, 11:03 am - IP Logged

i had about 13 tickets in a row that was a dud in the 500 million dollars extravaganza i bought the whole row and the roll was a grand.I made back about 390.So i never played the extravaganza after that.I had a theory that if i stayed in the store and kept getting duds i will stay i the store until i win and that has only worked once on the magnificent millioni bought 11 duds and on the 12th it had a 250 dollar winner.I bought 12  3 million dollar richer and the 13th ticket was a 10 dollar coin boy was i pissed off.I had the mentality to think if theres alot of duds inthe roll something really good is waiting.Thousand of dollars later i realized it doesnt matter if you buy from the middle or the end or the front most likely your going to lose.Even if you lose 15 in a row theres no sure bet that the tickets ahead havea  big winner.Usually it s just a 20 or 15 dollars.Sometimes we all have to learnhow to leave it alone if its not going our way lol

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2011, 7:37 am - IP Logged

The Texas lottery website has the number of winning tickets printed and claimed for each prize level as well as the total number of tickets and the number of tickets in a pack and a minimum dollar value for prizes in a pack.   It's relatively easy from those numbers to see that the majority of the packs simply have a few token small value prizes enough to make the minimum level and only a few packs have any significant prizes.   You can pretty much see the dividing line in the prize levels.    The question is of course, are the hot packs printed in a separate run from the cold packs and then mixed in mechanically?    If so it would be reasonable to assume that due to how the packs are mechanically shuffled and the delivery routes rarely changed, certain stores would be more likely to receive the hot packs.   This may have been the case in the past but with modern inkjet and laser printers, this is not necessarily the case, the prizes could be distributed by a random number generator while printing in which case there would be no discernible pattern to their distribution.   So how are these tickets printed.... I would love to have a tour of the printing facilities.

I was actually looking at the Super Set for Life ($20 ticket) and Set for Life ($10 ticket) and saw that Waco had a top prize winner in each of those. The first winner was a Set for Life winner of $250k/year for 15 years in October of last year then 4 months and 20 miles away they had a $500k/year for 15 years.

It's probably just a coincidence but thought it was interesting you had brought up that scenario and I had just finished looking into those games.

diamond203's avatar - spherewall

United States
                        Member #83344
                        December 5, 2009
                        152 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2011, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Today I purchased 7 Goldrush scratch off tickets in a row,the odd,s are 1in 4.88 and did not even win on one of them, I think that is a rip off!!!

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: May 19, 2011, 1:30 am - IP Logged

I've now seen 10 losers in a row 3 times:

- once on $1,000 a Week for Life ($2 game)

- once on Pot O' Luck ($2 game)

- once on Lucky Cherry Slots ($5 game - this string was seen in the roll I bought. Happened after a $50 win)