Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to win at the Georgia $20 instant game, Maximum Green

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CarHauler.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If you had to choose one thing that has helped you win at the game Maximum Green what would it be?

Only buy odd numbered tickets. [ 2 ]  [50.00%]
Only buy even numbered tickets. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Only buy the first ticket in the roll. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Only buy the last ticket in the roll. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Only buy tickets from the middle of the roll. [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
Never buy ticket number 004. [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
Always buy ticket number 004. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Always buy ticket number 003. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Always buy ticket number 005. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Buy only the first three or last three in the roll [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 4 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #97729
September 22, 2010
321 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2010, 12:47 am - IP Logged

From the comments from page http://www.lotterypost.com/news/201509 by Todd:

I'm not sure you're getting what this is all about. 

It's not about how random the lottery is.  We all know that nobody is able to win prizes of greater than $5,000 that often -- even daily players. 

It's about retailers that are probably involved in schemes in which they check customers' tickets to see if they are winners, inform the customer they have not won, and then take the winning tickets and claim the prize money for themselves.

If you check the Lottery Post news section for Ontario Lottery news stories, you find stories like this.

I have to say that I agree 100%. I think that is your answer in most cases. I also believe that the clerks wait to see if enough tickets tickets are sold without a winner, then they buy the tickets themselves. I think after watching this video that my conspiracy theories are in fact a huge possibility. I don't know if those people or the clerks bought the winners, and I don't guess I ever will.

I need to contact one of my out of state relatives who works for a federal agency who's initials are three letters. I am only dreaming, but wouldn't it be nice if they were able to put this particular retailer under careful watch? Oh, my bad, they are forbidden from spying on the American public, and we all know that the government never breaks any of the rules that it sets.

I am seriously considering dropping some type of surveillance system on them. Perhaps I will give them a gift. Maybe I will install something nice in their store. This retailer is just across the street from the one that had the missing tickets from the end of the pack. Maybe that is the answer: The retailer buys his tickets from his competitor across the street, because GLC and or a judge has forbid him from selling lottery tickets.

He knows that the other retailer buys winners before the customers can get to them, so instead of buying one ticket at a time, he buys whole strings, finds the winner, then sells the remaining losers to unsuspecting customers in his store. That would explain why he never has more than two types of tickets in his store at a time, and even then, less than 6 or 7 of each. I still haven't heard back from GLC about this matter.

It all goes back to my theory that some retailers may be working in collusion with each other. I think there is in fact a vast lottery conspiracy at some stores, but how legal it is or how hard it is to prove is another entire matter.

United States
    Member #97729
    September 22, 2010
    321 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2010, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Hi, CarHauler - I feel lonely liking the snow. Glad you like it, too! There's just something beautiful and exciting about a snowstorm.

I would stick to your 1 ticket of each idea. PA has new tickets out tomorrow; I am glad of that. I did win nicely on Cash Fever today, but in general I'm definitely ready to stop playing these same games. The big wins are hard to get because the Holiday games are wearing thin, and the old games have become like Holiday Bucks is for you. Money Money Money is still supposed to be good, but I can't find a decent winner anywhere on that game now.

Hi there, Matt, I am very psyched about a new $10 game that is supposed to be coming out soon. I believe that it is an all black ticket, and is aptly named "Black". I shall see if it has appeared on the GLC website yet. It is being heavily advertised, and is a $10 game.

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2010, 4:14 am - IP Logged

I have exactly $2,167 worth of losing scratch off tickets that I have purchased since mid September. I am going to take them all in tomorrow, and scan them on the do it yourself scanner in the stores, the ones that let you scan your tickets and see if they are winners. I have not added up my losses due to online draw games such as Fantasy 5 and Cash 3, but I am certain that it adds up to hundreds of dollars. I might end up hogging the terminal for several hours. I have read more than once where someone had an apparent loser, but turned it in, and it was actually a winner.

I do not know if there is any way to scan tickets without a bar-code on the front, which can only be revealed by scratching off the latex covering. Some tickets only have the full ticket number printed on the back, with the validation number covered on the front of the ticket, but no bar code on the front. Is there a way to check such a ticket without handing it to a clerk?

I doubt that I will find a winner among them, but you never know. I found a winner once just by scanning through my losing tickets. That is another great reason to keep the losers, in addition to tax write offs and accounting. If I win $2,500 then I have almost enough losing instant tickets to erase all of my tax liability. If you can use online tickets as well, then I could write all of it off for sure. There is not much time left, and I want the year to end on a good note. Everyone out there, please pray for me to win at least $500 by the end of the year.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
        Nashville, TN
        United States
        Member #86739
        February 9, 2010
        483 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2010, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Hi there, Matt, I am very psyched about a new $10 game that is supposed to be coming out soon. I believe that it is an all black ticket, and is aptly named "Black". I shall see if it has appeared on the GLC website yet. It is being heavily advertised, and is a $10 game.

tn lottery also has the TN Lottery Black game. Very sleek looking card, came out about 2 or 3 months ago I think. It is also a $10 scratchoff with a winning amount of $250,000. SC has it as well but for only $200,000 (it must have come out in Dec or is coming in Jan -- saw the ads while there a few weeks ago).

If memory serves, the TN one doesnt have very good odds. I think I bought one right when they came out but the odds  just didnt appeal to me compared to other games.

However, while in one of the gas stations filing out my mega millions and PB tickets, I overheard the clerk tell another customer that someone hit for $100 on it. The number matched all 20 (?) of the numbers, or maybe it hit the 'ALL' symbol.

This gets me to my next point: new games seem to be loaded with more winners, albeit smaller ones. I tried this with the $5 'Winter Riches' game that came out in December and did well -- hit the diamond symbols to win $20, took to another station to win 10, then to another to win 7. But the 4th time was a loser and i havent played since

United States
          Member #97729
          September 22, 2010
          321 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2010, 4:00 am - IP Logged

tn lottery also has the TN Lottery Black game. Very sleek looking card, came out about 2 or 3 months ago I think. It is also a $10 scratchoff with a winning amount of $250,000. SC has it as well but for only $200,000 (it must have come out in Dec or is coming in Jan -- saw the ads while there a few weeks ago).

If memory serves, the TN one doesnt have very good odds. I think I bought one right when they came out but the odds  just didnt appeal to me compared to other games.

However, while in one of the gas stations filing out my mega millions and PB tickets, I overheard the clerk tell another customer that someone hit for $100 on it. The number matched all 20 (?) of the numbers, or maybe it hit the 'ALL' symbol.

This gets me to my next point: new games seem to be loaded with more winners, albeit smaller ones. I tried this with the $5 'Winter Riches' game that came out in December and did well -- hit the diamond symbols to win $20, took to another station to win 10, then to another to win 7. But the 4th time was a loser and i havent played since

I hope that the black ticket that is coming out here is not as bad as the TN ticket, which has odds of 1 in 3.63. Those are terrible odds for a $10 ticket. I guess we will have to wait and see. I am glad to see some more ending games, but I am going to start a new thread about that. By the way, I have heard of some very large wins on new games. If you won on 3 out of 4 times that you played, I sure would be playing the heck out of that game, just to see if there weren't any big winners.

United States
            Member #97729
            September 22, 2010
            321 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2010, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

If you haven't yet, check out this post: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/225303.

You can compare it with the TN ticket which looks the same, but pays out up to a million in GA and only $250,000 in TN. Ours has typical bad odds of 1 in 3.27, but is still better than thr TN odds of 1 in 3.63.

Lottery Tennessee Black #280

Rules:
            Match any of your numbers to any winning number, win prize shown for that number. Get a "$$" symbol, win double the prize shown for that symbol. Get an "ALL" symbol and win all 20 prizes. Overall odds are 1 in 3.63.

Cost To Play: $10

Top Prize: $250,000

Georgia Lottery Black ($10)

To play "Georgia Lottery Black," scratch off the entire play area. Match any of YOUR NUMBERS to any of the WINNING NUMBERS, win PRIZE shown for that number. Find a ""  ($$) symbol, instantly win $500! Find a "GL" symbol, instantly win ALL 20 PRIZES shown!

Overall odds of winning playing "Georgia Lottery Black" are 1 in 3.27.

I don't know what gives, but it does seem like our instant games are better than those in TN. Perhaps it is because you have the ability to enter all losers in second chance drawings that you have lower payouts and worse odds for the same game. I am sure that we both must use the same instant game producer Scientific Games. I guess the lottery in each state chooses their own odds or payout, or either they say we have X amount of money to invest in that game, you figure out the odds and top prizes. I do not know which one is correct, but those are the ideas that come to mind.