Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Don't Play

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
Member #91718
May 23, 2010
690 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2010, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Just a thought of what it would be like if more people demand more by going on strike!

Have you ever thought about not playing the lottery. I mean the smaller games maybe even the jackpot too. What it would be like to not play. What would happen if no one played. Would it change things. Would they change it so more people could win. I guess the only way to know is to simply stop playing and tell everyone you know not to play.

Do that thang!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19903 Posts
    Posted: December 26, 2010, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Didn't you read the news article "States look for winning formulas to spur lottery sales"?  http://www.lotterypost.com/news/225065

The states do try to get more people to win by getting more people to play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
      Member #91718
      May 23, 2010
      690 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2010, 3:47 am - IP Logged

More people to play doesn't necessary mean more wins. It's just so they can make more money. People like to win and not lose.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3316 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2010, 5:11 am - IP Logged

ive often stated we should go on speeding  strikes,.  no speeding or getting speeding tickets for a month. woudl bankrup most states.here they   covered the reduction in speeding by lowering the speeding limit.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          42204 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2010, 6:28 am - IP Logged

Just a thought of what it would be like if more people demand more by going on strike!

Have you ever thought about not playing the lottery. I mean the smaller games maybe even the jackpot too. What it would be like to not play. What would happen if no one played. Would it change things. Would they change it so more people could win. I guess the only way to know is to simply stop playing and tell everyone you know not to play.

Do that thang!

I'd like to see more people play, with common sense of course.

HyperBe Happy.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2010, 8:56 am - IP Logged

More people to play doesn't necessary mean more wins. It's just so they can make more money. People like to win and not lose.

Why do you think the states that buy more tickets in the multi-states games like PowerBall and MegaMillions have more jackpot winners?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8797 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2010, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Do that thang!

That would be like a few alcoholics telling other alcoholics to quit buying booze to get the price lowered.

Oo'Ka

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2010, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Do that thang!

It will never happen.

Look at the sports. When players go out on strike millions of fans say, "That's it for me", but yet when the strike is over the stadiums fill up again a short time later.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5768 Posts
                  Posted: December 27, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Do that thang!

I just read in the paper the other day that in Texas the economy has caused a decline in fiscal 2010 from 41.7% to 33.8% of Texas residents playing the lottery. It's the second largest year to year decrease since Texas lottery started in 1993. The largest decrease in player participation was 9% from 2003 to 2004.

This is interesting to me because Texas's economy is in better shape than many states. Even so, the schools are facing a major budget crunch next year. We got a letter in the mail from our school district warning that there are going to be some major cuts next year.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Fort Smith, AR
                    United States
                    Member #102864
                    December 27, 2010
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2010, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I just wish Arkansas would sell all there raffle tickets.  I bought early thinking they would sell out faster than they have.  As of this date, they have sold only about half of what they need to to draw.  GRRRRRRBed

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                      Northern Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #83350
                      December 5, 2009
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: December 27, 2010, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I think everyone should boycott Georgia Five until they make the payouts better. You cannot win box in that game, and if you win with the numbers out of order, you don't win anything unless the first or last digit matches in exact order, in which case you win $1.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

paurths's avatar - underground
                        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                        Belgium
                        Member #19287
                        July 29, 2005
                        2254 Posts
                        Posted: December 27, 2010, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

That would be like a few alcoholics telling other alcoholics to quit buying booze to get the price lowered.

lol very good one LOL

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          42204 Posts
                          Posted: December 27, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

lmao good one.

HyperBe Happy.