Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Non-Standard" Filters

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Ramijami.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Ramijami's avatar - wired shell.jpg
Cape Town
South Africa
Member #66343
October 23, 2008
115 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2011, 6:59 am - IP Logged

Thanks JKING......makes a bit more sense now :-)

time*treat, I am also in the other group that write their own code.....I'm still fairly new to programmimg but at least I know enough to test a few things (I programme in justbasic).

The filters I am currently looking at are:choosing one of even/odd for sums, one of even/odd for rootsums, and one of even/odd for the line gap sum. It eliminates quite a bit of lines, but to get the correct even/odd choice for the three is a bit of a challenge Confused

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2011, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Looked up JustBASIC -- seems like it has just about all you'd need. Really like the syntax coloring, too. I use Notepad++ for that. Can't beat the price, either. Yes Nod

Now for your filtering, it's easy to pare down the first 95%~98%. The first shock comes when you hit that wall and realize just how many combinations are left in 2% of 13.98 million. Eek

Since the sums are static for each combination, it is possible to calculate them ONCE for each combo and make a histogram of the results. The histogram may tell you if you should concentrate on any particular sum "signature" or head in a different direction entirely.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Ramijami's avatar - wired shell.jpg
      Cape Town
      South Africa
      Member #66343
      October 23, 2008
      115 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2011, 2:33 am - IP Logged

JustBasic was the one programming language that I could actually make sense of, and the help the guys gave at the forum is excellant Smile

Yep, the shock of too many numbers left over. I am looking at a number of filters and "optimum" ranges as well as a "reduced numbers" list as a strategy to play, targeting the Jackpot as well as the 4/5 number wins..........hopefully I will get the right combination of filter settings to at least break even initially, and then move from there progressively Hyper