Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Heads or Tails

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 6 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you do a progressive bet on Tails if the last 5 coin flips were Head?

Yes [ 17 ]  [65.38%]
No [ 9 ]  [34.62%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
FL
United States
Member #93841
July 8, 2010
576 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2011, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Teamprofit,

The biggest consideration has to be how much are yopu potentionally stuck (loser) before "sooner or later" comes around.

As Rick G stated:

I voted 'no' because the proportion of the unit bet to prize potential seems too great for a consistently profitable progression wager.

Ironically, I got a flyer from Win Track today promoting a Mr. VK's system, and according to him:

Most people believe that lotteries are impossible to beat because they are random events. But the Laws of Numbers prove they are WRONG!

The only true random occurrence is the very first result of anything. After that, HISTORY influences what will happen next. Let me explain.

Everyone knows that the odds of a coin flip are 50/50. But few people know that the odds of one side showing up 3 times in a row go from 50% to 25%, and for 5 times in a row the odds crash to less than 10%.

What happened to the 50/50? History. By taking into consideration the previous occurrences, the odds change. Dramatically. And it’s exactly the same with lottery numbers.

Personally I don't see that as valid at all, but this is how system sellers operate.

When I say profit, it's because the every amount that was put in was subtracted from the prize.

I don't know who that guy is, i used the head/tails because it's common and easier to start the discussion.

I do believe the odds will always be 50/50, I said it before.  I agree with you and everyone else that has stated their opinion.

But at the same time I do believe the trend has to change because of those same odds, it can go forever and that is where i am trying to build my game plan.

I could care less if I lost 6/10 as long as i made a profit in those 4 that I did win.

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1689 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2011, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

When I say profit, it's because the every amount that was put in was subtracted from the prize.

I don't know who that guy is, i used the head/tails because it's common and easier to start the discussion.

I do believe the odds will always be 50/50, I said it before.  I agree with you and everyone else that has stated their opinion.

But at the same time I do believe the trend has to change because of those same odds, it can go forever and that is where i am trying to build my game plan.

I could care less if I lost 6/10 as long as i made a profit in those 4 that I did win.

I understand the rationale of using 50/50. It is the simplistic term for saying 'it will occur, or it won't.' Those are the possibilities in a singular event.

In that light, lottery drawings are not a singular event no more than three people consecutively tossing a coin. We accept it as singular for a matter of convenience.

But in reality a lottery drawing it a short series of multipe events taken as a singular, the same as if you toss a coin, then I toss a coin, and a third person tosses a coin.

A singular event would be if we all tossed a coin at the same time. Likewise a singular event for the lottery draw would be if all balls dropped at the same time.

So we say, "This number will fall or it won't. This number will fall or it won't. This number will fall or it won't." 

I agree as well that trends are constant flux. As you've noted, those changes can some as a sudden departure from what has occurred, or they can be gradual shifts.

As you've noted there is no final outcome, or endgame, available to reflect on. There are no definitive answers as to what will happen next, except those past events which lead us to what is likely.

Someone mentioned baccharat. The reason you play the trend is you lose once. In betting against the trend, well.....

looking at the Florida numbers you posted, had you started betting against the trend at draw 5, you would have already accumulated 6 losses.

Just food for thought. And very interesting.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3968 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2011, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I understand the rationale of using 50/50. It is the simplistic term for saying 'it will occur, or it won't.' Those are the possibilities in a singular event.

In that light, lottery drawings are not a singular event no more than three people consecutively tossing a coin. We accept it as singular for a matter of convenience.

But in reality a lottery drawing it a short series of multipe events taken as a singular, the same as if you toss a coin, then I toss a coin, and a third person tosses a coin.

A singular event would be if we all tossed a coin at the same time. Likewise a singular event for the lottery draw would be if all balls dropped at the same time.

So we say, "This number will fall or it won't. This number will fall or it won't. This number will fall or it won't." 

I agree as well that trends are constant flux. As you've noted, those changes can some as a sudden departure from what has occurred, or they can be gradual shifts.

As you've noted there is no final outcome, or endgame, available to reflect on. There are no definitive answers as to what will happen next, except those past events which lead us to what is likely.

Someone mentioned baccharat. The reason you play the trend is you lose once. In betting against the trend, well.....

looking at the Florida numbers you posted, had you started betting against the trend at draw 5, you would have already accumulated 6 losses.

garyo1954

I agree with you if it means anything,  flatlanders vs Spacewalkers or illuminated vs delusional.

A suckers bet, even if you pick and it is correct they will just say it was a product of random

chance.  I don't believe in random so there whole game means nothing to me. I have yet to 

see a true random event in my life and I never will, why, because like luck it does not exist.

RL

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2011, 2:15 am - IP Logged

"Personally I don't see that as valid at all, but this is how system sellers operate."

I agree.  And this guy couldn't even get his odds right while making his pitch!  Smiley

Everyone knows that the odds of a coin flip are 50/50. But few people know that the odds of one side showing up 3 times in a row go from 50% to 25%, and for 5 times in a row the odds crash to less than 10%.

There are 8 possible outcomes when a coin is flipped three times.

HHH or TTT <-- same side showing up 3 times in a row

HHT or TTH

HTH or THT

THH or HTT

The odds of a fair coin showing the same side three times in a row are 2 in 8, or 25%.

Two more flips (total of five) brings the odds to 2 in 32 (6.25%, which is less than 10%) of showing the same side 5 times in a row.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2011, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

There are 8 possible outcomes when a coin is flipped three times.

HHH or TTT <-- same side showing up 3 times in a row

HHT or TTH

HTH or THT

THH or HTT

The odds of a fair coin showing the same side three times in a row are 2 in 8, or 25%.

Two more flips (total of five) brings the odds to 2 in 32 (6.25%, which is less than 10%) of showing the same side 5 times in a row.

I Agree!  50/50= odds of 1/2  and three times = (1/2)X(1/2)X(1/2)= odds of 1/8

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1689 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2011, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Chuckle for the day:

Three buddies buy Pick 3 tickets.

They are setting down to watch the drawing when the first guy says, "Either it's a six or I'm done."
            The second guys says, "Has to be a one."

Then the first number pops up 6!

"That's what I'm talking about!" the first guys says, "Now let's have a one!"
            "Crap! had it, but not as the first number," the second guy says.
            "Same here," says the third guy.

The second number pops up 4!

"Oh man," the first guy says, "I have the 4 but not there."
            "I did," the second guys, "4 in the second position."
            "Missed the four too," the third guy says.

And the third number is 1! So the winning number is 6,4,1.

"6,1,4 straight. All three numbers and the 6 in the right place. Still lost," the first guy shakes his head.

"1,4,6 straight. All three numbers with the 4 in the right position, and I lost too," the second guy nods.

"Well, okay. I had 1,6,4. All three numbers, not a single one in the right position," says the third guy, "and I won $40 on any order!"

Yep. Most of us have been on all sides of that fence, and with a few exceptions we're not thinking, "I have 1:1000 chance, or even a 1:10 chance," we're thinking, "Either my number hits, or it don't."

FL
              United States
              Member #93841
              July 8, 2010
              576 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2011, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

If started playing after the 5th draw I would have only lost twice, one bet of $62.50 and second bet of $125.

Today Jan 22nd would be the third bet of $187.50

From back testing i'm still looking good because the latest change was at 9 and so far they are at 7 .

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1689 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2011, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

If started playing after the 5th draw I would have only lost twice, one bet of $62.50 and second bet of $125.

Today Jan 22nd would be the third bet of $187.50

From back testing i'm still looking good because the latest change was at 9 and so far they are at 7 .

Took me a minute to see where the mix up occurred. But I see:

Thu, Jan 20, 2011

2-5-4

Wed, Jan 19, 2011
                6-0-6
                Tue, Jan 18, 2011
                6-8-8
                Mon, Jan 17, 2011
                6-3-0
                Sun, Jan 16, 2011
                4-1-8
                Sat, Jan 15, 2011
                2-6-8

I was supposing January 15th to be your first play. No biggie. You are on target.

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2011, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  50/50= odds of 1/2  and three times = (1/2)X(1/2)X(1/2)= odds of 1/8

RJOh,

Time*treat said the odds of flipping the same side 3 times in a row is 2/8 or 25%, which is wrong.

You said the odds of flipping the same side 3 times in a row is 1/8 or 12.5%, which is correct.

But yet, you said you agree.  Your post makes it appear you agree with time*treat.

--Jimmy4164

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2011, 3:43 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

Time*treat said the odds of flipping the same side 3 times in a row is 2/8 or 25%, which is wrong.

You said the odds of flipping the same side 3 times in a row is 1/8 or 12.5%, which is correct.

But yet, you said you agree.  Your post makes it appear you agree with time*treat.

--Jimmy4164

I was agreeing with his quote at the beginning of his thread "There are 8 possible outcomes when a coin is flipped three times."  I didn't notice his conflicting statement at the end of the thread.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2011, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

--Jimmy4164

If you flip a coin three times there is a 1 in 4 chance that the outcome will be the same for all three flips. Could be 3 heads. Could be 3 tails.

The odds of getting 3 heads in a row = 1/8 = 12.5%

The odds of getting 3 tails in a row = 1/8 = 12.5%

The odds of getting 3 of either one in a row = 1/8 + 1/8 = 2/8 = 1/4 = 25%

There's no conflict.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2011, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

1 unit - wager amount= $62.50

Prize = $225.00

Would you do a progressive bet on Tails if the last 5 coin flips were Head?

Coin History

1. H
                        2. T
                        3. T
                        4. H
                        5. T
                        6. H
                        7. H
                        8. H
                        9. H
                        10. H

Please explain why or why not.....

I forgot to ask: Is this a real coin or a TN lottery RNG coin? Jester

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: January 25, 2011, 1:02 am - IP Logged

If you flip a coin three times there is a 1 in 4 chance that the outcome will be the same for all three flips. Could be 3 heads. Could be 3 tails.

The odds of getting 3 heads in a row = 1/8 = 12.5%

The odds of getting 3 tails in a row = 1/8 = 12.5%

The odds of getting 3 of either one in a row = 1/8 + 1/8 = 2/8 = 1/4 = 25%

There's no conflict.

Teamprofit's poll question specifically refers to a progressive bet on TAILS, which led me to assume that's what was being discussed throughout the thread.  However, what you say here is correct.

FL
                            United States
                            Member #93841
                            July 8, 2010
                            576 Posts
                            Posted: January 25, 2011, 11:02 am - IP Logged

I forgot to ask: Is this a real coin or a TN lottery RNG coin? Jester

No,  FL Evening coin Big Smile

FL
                              United States
                              Member #93841
                              July 8, 2010
                              576 Posts
                              Posted: January 25, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Let's take a look at this example in the making.................Here's FL Eve's last 6 draws

Thu, Jan 20, 2011

2-5-4

Wed, Jan 19, 2011
                              6-0-6
                              Tue, Jan 18, 2011
                              6-8-8
                              Mon, Jan 17, 2011
                              6-3-0
                              Sun, Jan 16, 2011
                              4-1-8
                              Sat, Jan 15, 2011
                              2-6-8
                              • BP has been even for last 6 draws
                              • First digit has not seen an odd digit since Jan 9(11 days)

Which one will happen first ? or will they both show up? Big Smile

Update: FL Eve

Mon, Jan 24, 20115-1-7
                              Sun, Jan 23, 20112-3-4
                              Sat, Jan 22, 20113-5-0
                              Fri, Jan 21, 20118-7-4
                              Thu, Jan 20, 20112-5-4
                              Wed, Jan 19, 20116-0-6
                              Tue, Jan 18, 20116-8-8
                              Mon, Jan 17, 20116-3-0
                              Sun, Jan 16, 20114-1-8
                              Sat, Jan 15, 20112-6-8

If we had started progressively betting on Jan 20 we would have wagered $312.5(5 units), winning $1125-$312.50+$250+$187.50+$125+62.50=$187.50 profit

The point of this thread was to create a discussion with you all and get everyone's opinion on whether you would make the bet and go for Tails(odd).  I want to thank you all for participating and keeping this discussion alive.  I've only tested this with January and a little of December so I don't hav eall the stats but if you progressively bet after the 5th biased outcome you will make a good profit.  It took five bets to get there this time but I don't believe it normally takes that long.

I'm sorry for any errors I am at work and I am trying very hard not to get caught Big Smile