Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Played through $20 Florida Millionaire's Club roll today

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 6 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #104435
January 14, 2011
2244 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2011, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

So I walk into the store with $100 today and hit up the Billion Dollar Blockbuster. 4 duds in a row. Horrible start I thought to myself. I hesitated but bought the 5th ticket, #021. Won $100 off a $$ WIN symbol. 

By this time I noticed an addict gambler started hitting up the machine particularly the $20 Monopoly. The roll was fresh and he hit the second ticket he bought #001 and won $200 off a GO symbol. We started engaging in conversation when we saw the clerk put a new roll of Florida Millionaire's Club in the machine. We decided to partner up and buy the entire roll. He got the first 10 for $200 I followed with the next 10 also for $200. He hit $100 twice ( #001 + 007 ) and $25 twice, netting $250. I hit $50, $40, $30 twice and $20. Netting $170. This roll was hot. 9 winners from the first 20 tickets. He went for the next 10. Hit $50 once and $20 twice. Netted $90. So out of $600 spent we got back $510. It was a neat experiment. Proved there can be more then 1 $100+ winner in a roll. Also proved that the chances of profiting from a roll are very slim even if its littered with winners.

Florida
    United States
    Member #102882
    December 27, 2010
    334 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2011, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I think the true measure of this is not the results, but that you actually found someone to participate in this experiment. But thank you for your reporting the results.

Sometimes I wonder if the odds posted for Billion Dollar Blockbuster are truly accurate. The Florida Lotto website mentions that this game has been "re-ordered" which means I think they ordered more to satisfy the strong sales. With 88  one million prizes left I'm surprised that more winners are not mentioned more often.

Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2011, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I think the true measure of this is not the results, but that you actually found someone to participate in this experiment. But thank you for your reporting the results.

Sometimes I wonder if the odds posted for Billion Dollar Blockbuster are truly accurate. The Florida Lotto website mentions that this game has been "re-ordered" which means I think they ordered more to satisfy the strong sales. With 88  one million prizes left I'm surprised that more winners are not mentioned more often.

The only thing that keep me playing BDB are the amount of jackpots. To me this ticket has the worst odds of any $20 scratcher out there.

Florida
        United States
        Member #102882
        December 27, 2010
        334 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2011, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I personally believe that the odds posted are false. I used to win when this game originally debuted. The "new" Billion Dollar Blockbuster tickets are "shinier" also now EVERY retail station has them, this was not the case before........

Florida
          United States
          Member #104435
          January 14, 2011
          2244 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2011, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

I personally believe that the odds posted are false. I used to win when this game originally debuted. The "new" Billion Dollar Blockbuster tickets are "shinier" also now EVERY retail station has them, this was not the case before........

What ive noticed is that the newer BDB tickets scratch really poorly. Your coin will dig up the actual card along with the foil.

Florida
            United States
            Member #102882
            December 27, 2010
            334 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2011, 6:18 am - IP Logged

yes, this is true. and it's usually a losing ticket too. whenever I ask for a ticket and notice that it's "shiny", I get that sinking feeling that's it's a loser

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
              Nashville, TN
              United States
              Member #86739
              February 9, 2010
              483 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2011, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

So I walk into the store with $100 today and hit up the Billion Dollar Blockbuster. 4 duds in a row. Horrible start I thought to myself. I hesitated but bought the 5th ticket, #021. Won $100 off a $$ WIN symbol. 

By this time I noticed an addict gambler started hitting up the machine particularly the $20 Monopoly. The roll was fresh and he hit the second ticket he bought #001 and won $200 off a GO symbol. We started engaging in conversation when we saw the clerk put a new roll of Florida Millionaire's Club in the machine. We decided to partner up and buy the entire roll. He got the first 10 for $200 I followed with the next 10 also for $200. He hit $100 twice ( #001 + 007 ) and $25 twice, netting $250. I hit $50, $40, $30 twice and $20. Netting $170. This roll was hot. 9 winners from the first 20 tickets. He went for the next 10. Hit $50 once and $20 twice. Netted $90. So out of $600 spent we got back $510. It was a neat experiment. Proved there can be more then 1 $100+ winner in a roll. Also proved that the chances of profiting from a roll are very slim even if its littered with winners.

that is very cool, James.

I agree with LuisM, it's great that you found someone to go in with you. I have always figured this would be a great idea to do with a friend, if I had the capital but I usually dont.

My question is, though, did you 2 agree on how you would split a large sum, if won? I could just see this other dude hitting 10,000 or higher and th running off and leaving you in the dust.

I am glad it was a hot roll (hmm, that makes me hungry. but I digress) and I hope this happens again in the future! Thanks for sharing!

Florida
                United States
                Member #104435
                January 14, 2011
                2244 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2011, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

that is very cool, James.

I agree with LuisM, it's great that you found someone to go in with you. I have always figured this would be a great idea to do with a friend, if I had the capital but I usually dont.

My question is, though, did you 2 agree on how you would split a large sum, if won? I could just see this other dude hitting 10,000 or higher and th running off and leaving you in the dust.

I am glad it was a hot roll (hmm, that makes me hungry. but I digress) and I hope this happens again in the future! Thanks for sharing!

We never talked about that, actually. We both just wanted to scratch through an entire roll for the hell of it. But its something to think about next time !

FL
                  United States
                  Member #104946
                  January 22, 2011
                  105 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2011, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Great story James1!  I have asked everyone I know to try to get someone to split the costs so any losses are kept down, that way I can get more tickets and chances to win and we split the wins.  I would definately throw something in writing on an agreement.   It was funny to hear your story because that same day, I was in my favorite store, had 60.00 to spend but wasn't sure what on.   A guy came in and out of 6 tickets, he must have won on 5 of those.  He would buy one at a time, first a 20.00 win, get another, 30.00 win, another 20.00, then a 40.00 then a loss.  Just before that 40.00 win, I asked if he wanted to split some tickets because I wanted to reduce my budget per month but still get a good amount of tickets.  I'm up to 200.00 or so, really can only afford 50 to 100 at most.  I think he thought I meant just split a couple tickets right then and there, but I was thinking monthly.  Anyway, he put his number down but no-one answers so unless I got a number wrong from the handwriting or something, I don't know what or maybe he thought it was too weird.

I just wanted to talk to him, get the agreement and then discuss strategy,  I saw he was playing different tickets, he grabbed Gold Rush, Monopoly, Millionaire, I was going to tell him that if we team up we should stick to one game and/or maybe even get a whole roll.

We'll see, the clerk said he goes in there alot for tickets so I'll probably see him.

I spent the 60.00, won 20.00 and 50.00 and spent that all on more Millionaire club, I'm mainly playing Millionaire club lately.

FL
                    United States
                    Member #104946
                    January 22, 2011
                    105 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2011, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Finished Playing through almost a whole roll of Millionaire club.   I had a feeling that something might hit out of it but it did not.

I only missed 2 Tickets that someone else got.   Missed #13 and #12.

Tickets at the Publix Instant machine count down so that screws me up a bit too.

I hit 100.00,  40.00, 30.00, 25.00 x2 and 20.00 x 5      Three in a row occurred at 17, 16, 15 and wer 40,30,25 in prize amount.

Tickets 11 down to 00 only had 3 20.00 winners,  Then the ticket slot read OUT in the machine or I would have certainly grabbed ticket 29.

I'm hanging up Millionaire club for a while but not even sure what to grab next.  Two things I need to do is spend less and find

someone to split the endeavors which will let me spend less but double the tickets I could get by myself.  I would have much rathered split this

last experiment with someone.  Don't mind at splitting if we won anything either.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2011, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Finished Playing through almost a whole roll of Millionaire club.   I had a feeling that something might hit out of it but it did not.

I only missed 2 Tickets that someone else got.   Missed #13 and #12.

Tickets at the Publix Instant machine count down so that screws me up a bit too.

I hit 100.00,  40.00, 30.00, 25.00 x2 and 20.00 x 5      Three in a row occurred at 17, 16, 15 and wer 40,30,25 in prize amount.

Tickets 11 down to 00 only had 3 20.00 winners,  Then the ticket slot read OUT in the machine or I would have certainly grabbed ticket 29.

I'm hanging up Millionaire club for a while but not even sure what to grab next.  Two things I need to do is spend less and find

someone to split the endeavors which will let me spend less but double the tickets I could get by myself.  I would have much rathered split this

last experiment with someone.  Don't mind at splitting if we won anything either.

At least im not the only one who has bad luck with FMC. If I did not have a tendency to be stubborn Id quit playing this game.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #104435
                        January 14, 2011
                        2244 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2011, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Ugh. Went to the store tonight and asked the clerk any tickets win big lately, especially BDB and Gold Rush as I was interested in those. She said both won $100 or so just the last tickets so I obviously passed on buying those and notice she has 2 fresh rolls of FMC. I thought about and said what the hell went and got $1200 and bought both rolls. Took them to my car and decided to scratch them there. To cut a long story short I feel gutted. Got back $520 when all added up. A $680 loss unbelievable. 1 ticket got $100 # 011 but nothing over $40 from then on. The beginning and ends of both rolls were very cold. Something like 6 losers in a row about 4 times ( twice in each deck ). No consecutive winners. This has made me consider quitting buying scratch offs as I am $2000 down for the month. I estimate I have played through 500 tickets in this span. Includes buying more tickets with winners. Today about 70 scratched.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                          Nashville, TN
                          United States
                          Member #86739
                          February 9, 2010
                          483 Posts
                          Posted: January 24, 2011, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Ugh. Went to the store tonight and asked the clerk any tickets win big lately, especially BDB and Gold Rush as I was interested in those. She said both won $100 or so just the last tickets so I obviously passed on buying those and notice she has 2 fresh rolls of FMC. I thought about and said what the hell went and got $1200 and bought both rolls. Took them to my car and decided to scratch them there. To cut a long story short I feel gutted. Got back $520 when all added up. A $680 loss unbelievable. 1 ticket got $100 # 011 but nothing over $40 from then on. The beginning and ends of both rolls were very cold. Something like 6 losers in a row about 4 times ( twice in each deck ). No consecutive winners. This has made me consider quitting buying scratch offs as I am $2000 down for the month. I estimate I have played through 500 tickets in this span. Includes buying more tickets with winners. Today about 70 scratched.

Man, I know seeing 'ugh' at the beginning of a post just cant be good.

I hope you recoup these losses 10 fold or more, and very soon. Meanwhile I would say hold on to those losing tickets, they could help at tax time next year.

even though you are in a different state, I thought for sure if someone were to take and buy that many tickets of a high dollar game, for sure there would be a nice payout.

Something HAS to hit big for you soon, so dont give up!

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #102882
                            December 27, 2010
                            334 Posts
                            Posted: January 24, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm buying an entire book can be good or it can be bad. Let's say you buy a "hot" book then you're obviosly a very happy camper. If you buy a "cold" book then you're a very unhappy camper.  I'd say buying an entire book is bad idea. Why? The "hot" books are very slim while the "cold" books run amock like crazy. I know a guy who buys BOOKS and BOOKS and BOOKS of Billion Dollar Blockbuster and he hasn't won yet.

Instead of playing these $20.00 games why not bring it down a notch and try $5.00 books and see how that works out first.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #104435
                              January 14, 2011
                              2244 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2011, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm buying an entire book can be good or it can be bad. Let's say you buy a "hot" book then you're obviosly a very happy camper. If you buy a "cold" book then you're a very unhappy camper.  I'd say buying an entire book is bad idea. Why? The "hot" books are very slim while the "cold" books run amock like crazy. I know a guy who buys BOOKS and BOOKS and BOOKS of Billion Dollar Blockbuster and he hasn't won yet.

Instead of playing these $20.00 games why not bring it down a notch and try $5.00 books and see how that works out first.

I would switch but I find the odds of winning on $5 tickets are 1 in 8 in reality