Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Does It Take To Win (Mathematically Speaking?)

Topic closed. 134 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
Elgin, IL
United States
Member #68867
January 1, 2009
1221 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2011, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

What Does It Take To Win? 

Ans.  Know the history of the game via combinations & patterns of past games since the last Matrix change.

Case in Point - Tenn Cash Game  5/35 + 1/5 bonus ball - Drawings are Computer Number Generated.

To Date there have been 66 drawings of which 6 are listed below.  Based on the History of the Game; if I wheel the numbers 7-14-17-22-25-27-34, I should hit @ least 4 out of 5  numbers 10% of the time based on past history. And I should have better than average odds of hitting 5 of 5. Based on my knowledge of the games, history will repeat.

2010-10-29714172529
2010-11-241718222534
2010-12-0817172227
2011-01-28314172734
2011-01-31714172227
2011-02-28710172234

Only time will tell if I am correct or not .............. until then,  Good Luck & Best Wishes.

P.S. I will let you know when it happens.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
    Denver, Co
    United States
    Member #103046
    December 29, 2010
    546 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2011, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Ans.  Know the history of the game via combinations & patterns of past games since the last Matrix change.

Case in Point - Tenn Cash Game  5/35 + 1/5 bonus ball - Drawings are Computer Number Generated.

To Date there have been 66 drawings of which 6 are listed below.  Based on the History of the Game; if I wheel the numbers 7-14-17-22-25-27-34, I should hit @ least 4 out of 5  numbers 10% of the time based on past history. And I should have better than average odds of hitting 5 of 5. Based on my knowledge of the games, history will repeat.

2010-10-29714172529
    2010-11-241718222534
    2010-12-0817172227
    2011-01-28314172734
    2011-01-31714172227
    2011-02-28710172234

Only time will tell if I am correct or not .............. until then,  Good Luck & Best Wishes.

History may tend to repeat, however 66 games is likely not enough of a statistical history to predict that going forward 10% of all the games in the future are going to show those combinations. Right now it may be 10%, but the law of large numbers will prove it to be a far smaller percentage. In fact, you realistically may not see those combinations for another 500 or 1000 games.

It's like the coin toss...we know that heads/tails average will be about 50/50 when hundreds or thousands of tosses have taken place. However if you just started, and you flipped a coin 10 times and showed 7 heads and 3 tails, would you say 'history will repeat' and gamble that 700 of the next 1000 rolls will be heads? 

I don't know all the statistics and percentages in your game, however I think the law of large numbers is going to prove something far different than 10%. You might get lucky on a couple, but I think in the long run, you may actually have a better chance of gambling on number other than those.

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2011, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

2010-10-29714172529
      2010-11-241718222534
      2010-12-0817172227
      2011-01-28314172734
      2011-01-31714172227
      2011-02-28710172234

I don't believe the 6 [ out of 66 ] drawings above are any indication of what will happen in the future unless the programmers in TN are engaged in fraud.  However, if you believe these draws are harbingers of things to come, then what are you saying about the other 60?

Elgin, IL
        United States
        Member #68867
        January 1, 2009
        1221 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2011, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe the 6 [ out of 66 ] drawings above are any indication of what will happen in the future unless the programmers in TN are engaged in fraud.  However, if you believe these draws are harbingers of things to come, then what are you saying about the other 60?

The above is just one group of 12 that I have found combos & patterns.  Here is another 1 of my 12 groups.  These make up 4 drawings of the 66.

Here again, I would have a tendency to play 5,11,12,13,22.

2010-11-15511121735
        2010-12-221213192231
        2011-02-07511121326
        2011-02-1156121322

In total, my 12 groups of combinations & patterns make up 40 drawings of the total 66.  That approx 60.6% of the total drawings to date.

Like I said above, time will tell.

6 out of 66 is one thing, but 40 out of 66 in 12 groups is another story.  What I am saying is that 60% of the 66 drawings will have combinations & patterns in 1 of my 12 groups.  This being the case, I could care less about the other 26 drawings.  The odds are in my favor.

bgonçalves
          Brasil
          Member #92564
          June 9, 2010
          2122 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2011, 6:25 pm - IP Logged
          The repetition of an event is secret of probabilities, depending on the size of the lottery
          A number has more or less repetition frequencies, and so in pairs and trios
            Look = 0 to 9 there is a repetition rate short! 12.37 a pair has another repetition rate!
            E = 02,16,34 trio has another longer repetition rate (the study of cycles in the repetitions of events.) trios can create and view your events of late, who goes with whom! Or this late with whom, I believe that even a 70% stake is then possible to predict
            4 of 6 numbers even numbers one can predict with some assurance!
            Elgin, IL
            United States
            Member #68867
            January 1, 2009
            1221 Posts
            Posted: March 7, 2011, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Just about all the combinations & patterns I find in a given game have either been posted on PICK5 or Jackpot Games Forum.  All my post begin with "Combos & Patterns."  I have found combinations & patterns in every game that I have looked at.  I only look at PICK5 and Jackpot games.

Good Luck & Best Wishes.

Elgin, IL
              United States
              Member #68867
              January 1, 2009
              1221 Posts
              Posted: March 7, 2011, 6:36 pm - IP Logged
              The repetition of an event is secret of probabilities, depending on the size of the lottery
              A number has more or less repetition frequencies, and so in pairs and trios
                Look = 0 to 9 there is a repetition rate short! 12.37 a pair has another repetition rate!
                E = 02,16,34 trio has another longer repetition rate (the study of cycles in the repetitions of events.) trios can create and view your events of late, who goes with whom! Or this late with whom, I believe that even a 70% stake is then possible to predict
                4 of 6 numbers even numbers one can predict with some assurance!

Hello Dr San,

If I recall, I just did a set of Combos & Patterns for you on the Brazil Dupla Sena 1 & 2 this past week.  I believe in the output I had 118 groups that made up approx 48% of the total drawings.  Here again, it showed that past history does repeat itself.  Certain groups of numbers do come in more often than others.   This is a fact that I have proven time & time again.

Good Luck & Best Wishes

bgonçalves
                Brasil
                Member #92564
                June 9, 2010
                2122 Posts
                Posted: March 7, 2011, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Hello, you're right in the study of repetitions, because they tend to have to find balance
                  Output the results, the problem is knowing when a pair and will return in a trio with whom
                Because the cycles are repeated, if you get number 49 and put colors in a lottery of 49 / 6
                Some colors come out more than others, just as if it had numbers, because there is a relationship of conflict between the balls depending on the size of the lottery, the size of the lottery
                  Determines the degree of repetition of such a lottery 49 / 6 has a repeat cycle
                  Already a 39/05 lottery balls or colors are repeated with more frequency, then it is a conflict between the number of balls when they turn determines the degree of repetition ofa number
                Each lottery has seugrau of difficulty, ie the distance between the balls! In a game of
                  From 49 / 6 if the letters could esbalecer 6 6 positions a, b, c, d, e, f
                And see the results in lsta positions of trios and pairs and see which positions this late!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1686 Posts
                  Posted: March 7, 2011, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Jimboooooooooo!!!!!

Got in a fight with a can opener. It almost cut my finger off! Good thing it wasn't the one I use for typing!!!

But have you ever thought when buying a lottery ticket, you are making a prediction, or letting the computer make the prediction for you? 

Have you ever thought prediction is what probability is all about?

Prediction is what Monte Carlo simulations are all about.

I'd post a link, but there are still on the grill.

San Francisco
                    United States
                    Member #107466
                    March 8, 2011
                    75 Posts
                    Posted: March 14, 2011, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy4164:

I've been reading your posts and am pleased.  So, am going to share my thought:   if we consider that the lottery is based on pseudo-random numbers, as opposed to pure random numbers, what short and long runs mean is zero;  if the database is consistent, the predictions can become accurate.  So, am very interested in the idea of the short run. 

At present, I am testing my idea of "stabilizing" the database, so as to increase my level of accuracy.  I know it sounds insane, but I'll keep working at it.  Anyway, I hope I can perfect the model and then share it within the next month or so.  It's naive but simple, colorful and visual.....my idea of "the lottery predictions manual" that can be used by anyone.

Just a thought!

Nels

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2011, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Jimmy4164:

I've been reading your posts and am pleased.  So, am going to share my thought:   if we consider that the lottery is based on pseudo-random numbers, as opposed to pure random numbers, what short and long runs mean is zero;  if the database is consistent, the predictions can become accurate.  So, am very interested in the idea of the short run. 

At present, I am testing my idea of "stabilizing" the database, so as to increase my level of accuracy.  I know it sounds insane, but I'll keep working at it.  Anyway, I hope I can perfect the model and then share it within the next month or so.  It's naive but simple, colorful and visual.....my idea of "the lottery predictions manual" that can be used by anyone.

Just a thought!

Nels

I don't know what the breakdown across the country is as far as mechanical ball drop vs computerized draws goes.  Of the computerized draws, I've never read any mention by a lottery of whether they are using a pseudo-random number generator or an attempt at pure randomness.  So, your decision to assume pseudo-random may make it hard to find a game to test your idea on, one where you can be assured of its RNG type.  Regardless, it sounds like a good way to keep your programming skills honed.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2011, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what the breakdown across the country is as far as mechanical ball drop vs computerized draws goes.  Of the computerized draws, I've never read any mention by a lottery of whether they are using a pseudo-random number generator or an attempt at pure randomness.  So, your decision to assume pseudo-random may make it hard to find a game to test your idea on, one where you can be assured of its RNG type.  Regardless, it sounds like a good way to keep your programming skills honed.

I don't know what the breakdown across the country is as far as mechanical ball drop vs computerized draws goes.

That data is available at    http://www.lotterypost.com/lottery-report-card.asp
                        but I suspect most players are only interested if it applies to the games they play.  In my state of Ohio all games except keno use ball machines.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2011, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what the breakdown across the country is as far as mechanical ball drop vs computerized draws goes.

That data is available at    http://www.lotterypost.com/lottery-report-card.asp
                          but I suspect most players are only interested if it applies to the games they play.  In my state of Ohio all games except keno use ball machines.

What about the question of pseudo-random vs [attempted] truly-random computerized drawings?  The report-card page doesn't address that.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2011, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

What about the question of pseudo-random vs [attempted] truly-random computerized drawings?  The report-card page doesn't address that.

pseudo-random vs [attempted] truly-random

How would you know the difference even if the details of the computer program were known? 

I looked at the last 598 MegaMillions drawings which used ball machines for five years and 600 MM combinations generated by the LP QP generator in a few seconds and both groups had numbers that had hitted 50% more than others and number distribution patterns that were more popular than others which were unique to each group.

According to Todd, http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/228235 'Other Web sites have "randomizers", but very few are like Lottery Post's, because Lottery Post uses an advanced cryptographic library to generate numbers that are more truly random.'

I have no doubts that Todd used every resource to make the LP QP generator as truly random as possible and it can be tested thousands of times in a short period of time to prove it but the standard is the MegaMillions drawings which took over five years to accumulate, so does it matter if all groups of numbers have traits not usually associated with randomness regardless of how they are chosen?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #105312
                              January 29, 2011
                              435 Posts
                              Posted: March 18, 2011, 10:04 am - IP Logged

From a strictly practical perspective the lottery administration is doing a sufficient job if players can't predict the results of future draws to gain advantages over other players.  If anyone anywhere is able to do that they've kept it well hidden.  A few repeated jackpot winners are around and one of them has a PHD in math.  If she has anything more than a a luckier streak than other players she doesn't admit to it and she hasn't been in the news lately.  Some of her wins were high value scratchers.  The last I've seen about her involved whether a retailer in Texas could mail tickets to her at her residence in Nevada.  For a while I thought the scratchers had to be pure luck until the recent news item that someone in the northeastern US found a flaw in tictacktoe scratchers.

The issue of whether lottery draws are random might be less important than the question of whether anyone anywhere can predict the results with sufficient accuracy to allow them to win.  I read a post on this or the lottery systems forum a few days ago claiming Gail Howard has won several pick 6 draws.  If true and she is sharing some secret way to predict lottery results it shouldn't be long before pick 6 lotteries are discontinued.