Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2nd chance drawings...

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 6 years ago by wish626.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
Denver, Co
United States
Member #103046
December 29, 2010
546 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2011, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Say if you won 3 times is there anyway you could choose cash option instead of the prize ? I mean some of these winners are getting enough jerseys and crap to start their own teams LOL

I agree, I don't like non-cash prizes. The Colorado Lottery had a scratch ticket for the Denver Girl Scouts er, I mean Broncos (sorry Girl Scouts, you're winners and I didn't mean to insult you like that).

I think the prize for the 2nd chance drawing was a set of Broncos season tickets, they were some really great seats, maybe even in a box. If you get a $20 or $30,000 non-cash prize such as these tickets or a car or something like that, you still have to come up with 20 to 40% or so cash at tax time because this is considered "income". So I don't waste money buying tickets for games that have non-cash prizes. 

Just give me the cash and let me decide what to buy with it, plus I'll have money to pay our beloved governments.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104435
    January 14, 2011
    2244 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2011, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I have had a friend win 3 different cars from the lottery in the last 20 years. Cash was not an option and each time he had to shell out up to $5 grand per car to keep them. It was a pain for him as he was always strapped for cash. But he sold 2 got some money and owns the 3rd free and clear now.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

FL
      United States
      Member #104946
      January 22, 2011
      105 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2011, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

That is plausible about it being fishy (multiple same winners on 2nd chance) especially since some of them are to BBall games. The main reason this is possible is because actual drawings for ball games are witnessed usually by independant attorney firms, while the 2nd chance drawing I doubt the lottery office has attorney's present. They probably have a designated person who draws the winners and could be skewed. Ya never know.

I remember when the BDB had 2nd chance a while back. I won multiple times on that and had over 100 entries. I think the prizes were for $50-$100 worth of free lottery coupons.

I think Gold Rush had a 2nd chance when that came out several years ago for a Gold Bar worth like $40,000 bux. I havent seen any other "really good" 2nd chance drawings in a while.

It sounds like the lottery is not offering as many goodies for "regular" players.  I'm sure they are happy enough with the mass population that may buy and not think of doing research/strategies like us here reading and posting on this board.

This information is making me rethink the strategies, I'm having a  hard enough time staying focused on what I want to do (i'm sure the lottery loves that too because I lose more when I dont' stick to my plans).

Someone said, the 2nd chance prize would be income and have to pay, that makes me think about ditching this effort then cuz I don't have money for that, I suppose I could sell the prize somehow hopefully.

And then the more I think about it and saw the multiple people winning 3 times on the Dolpins, Heat, and Magic tickets (im sure on the other 2nd chances as well), I think, Maybe they do add alittle weight to the winners algorithm as to how much they have spent.   The only thing I could change there is instead of getting a few tickets in each Draw Period, I could save them all and get in 1 (the final) Draw Period, then I might come up under the weighted Algorithm.
      Then again may not because I would say I plan on getting 10 tickets per Draw Period and if rich people are getting 100's I'll still be out.

So I suppose that brings me back to a theory that I should have focused and dumped all my money into 1 Game because now I've wasted quite a bit more than I intended to on all these various scratchers.  And get this,  Next week several new games are already coming out in FL which makes no sense to me, they just released some new ones and are retiring several that haven't had prizes hit yet.  I'm going to start a new thread for that topic.

Good luck to everyone,  Stick to your strategy,  Win Alot,  be happy!

Florida
        United States
        Member #102882
        December 27, 2010
        334 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2011, 11:22 am - IP Logged

That is plausible about it being fishy (multiple same winners on 2nd chance) especially since some of them are to BBall games. The main reason this is possible is because actual drawings for ball games are witnessed usually by independant attorney firms, while the 2nd chance drawing I doubt the lottery office has attorney's present. They probably have a designated person who draws the winners and could be skewed. Ya never know.

I remember when the BDB had 2nd chance a while back. I won multiple times on that and had over 100 entries. I think the prizes were for $50-$100 worth of free lottery coupons.

I think Gold Rush had a 2nd chance when that came out several years ago for a Gold Bar worth like $40,000 bux. I havent seen any other "really good" 2nd chance drawings in a while.

I agree with you 100%. To me the scratchers are getting worse all the time. Since Florida is a major state we should have major prizes like those offered by New York Lottery. Florida also is a heavy tourist state which means that folks who come here to visit buy tickets and in some cases they win.

Also, looks like a lot of people are turning to Fantasy 5. Best odds of winning anything significant. But seeing the jackpot often being split. And recent split 24 times twice! Which kinda sucks, but winning 5-8000 bucks is better than $0.00

I wanna see BETTER 2nd chance prizes, in California you can win $1 million dollars on a scratcher if your ticket didn't win. A trip to go to a game (in state by the way) is a crappy prize in my eyes.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103813
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2011, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you 100%. To me the scratchers are getting worse all the time. Since Florida is a major state we should have major prizes like those offered by New York Lottery. Florida also is a heavy tourist state which means that folks who come here to visit buy tickets and in some cases they win.

Also, looks like a lot of people are turning to Fantasy 5. Best odds of winning anything significant. But seeing the jackpot often being split. And recent split 24 times twice! Which kinda sucks, but winning 5-8000 bucks is better than $0.00

I wanna see BETTER 2nd chance prizes, in California you can win $1 million dollars on a scratcher if your ticket didn't win. A trip to go to a game (in state by the way) is a crappy prize in my eyes.

In CA we also have a replay for the Fantasy 5 lotto called Bonus Bucks. It's pretty cool.(well, will truly be cool if I win a drawing! ;)

From the ca lotto website:

The California Lottery’s Fantasy 5 Bonus Bucks promotion offers you another way to win cash. For every purchase of $5 or more of Fantasy 5 on a single ticket you will automatically receive a Fantasy 5 Bonus Bucks code(s). Enter the codes on this website to participate in weekly draws for a chance to win cash prizes, as follows:

• 3 - $10,000 prizes per week
          • 12 - $1,000 prizes per week

So they give away $42,000 in 15 drawing winners every week! But of course you are entering the data on the same website that you registered for the Scratchers replay program, so they can collect more juicy stats on you to see exactly who plays how much Fantasy 5 and where. Oh well, just give me my drawing winner and I won't mind the data mining so much.

Oh also, I just found 4 played/loser scratchers at a gas station this morning just lying on the kiosk. Nobody was in the store, so of course I happily scooped them up and will be entering them online for the 2nd chance replay!

Mass
            United States
            Member #68073
            December 12, 2008
            217 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2011, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Massachusetts has many second chance drawings. I have won a few times but always sports merchandise, jerseys, lackets, hats etc...

The one I am focusing on right now is The Price is Right $5 ticket. I have over 200 entries for the next drawing and will get more in before they announce the date for that drawing. They are offering some great prizes packages, some which include cash. Also trips to Vegas and an opportunity to spin a replica Money Wheel for up to $200.000.

I am expecting to, based on experience, win at least 2 and possibly up to 5 of the prize packs for this next drawing. Almost all of my entries come from discarded tickets. I have no problem skimming the trash and countertops for second-chance tix and often find discarded winners, once a $100 winner!

Spin

Florida
              United States
              Member #104435
              January 14, 2011
              2244 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2011, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

When I was at the store today I noticed im not the only one digging through the trash in search of 2nd chance tickets. Some old timer had filled his bag full of them just as I walked in No Pity!

Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2011, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Heh...I don't yet have the balls to go for the trash can, just abandoned ones on the counter.

Yesterday at my favorite store, I saw the same old guy come in and do the same thing: pop the lid off the trash can, dig inside, grab some tickets, and then leave. I wonder if there are more diggers for this store too? I can imagine some squabble erupting: "Hey young punk, stay out of my can! I got dibs from 8AM to 1PM. You can take the slot at midnight to 6AM, everything else is taken!"

Don't know if he is looking for discarded winners, or actually taking them home to enter for 2nd chance replay. If so, he must have hundreds!?

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #102882
                  December 27, 2010
                  334 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2011, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Heh...I don't yet have the balls to go for the trash can, just abandoned ones on the counter.

Yesterday at my favorite store, I saw the same old guy come in and do the same thing: pop the lid off the trash can, dig inside, grab some tickets, and then leave. I wonder if there are more diggers for this store too? I can imagine some squabble erupting: "Hey young punk, stay out of my can! I got dibs from 8AM to 1PM. You can take the slot at midnight to 6AM, everything else is taken!"

Don't know if he is looking for discarded winners, or actually taking them home to enter for 2nd chance replay. If so, he must have hundreds!?

I'd dig. But for CASH or a CAR not for a freaking t-shirt, or cap . LOL

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #104435
                    January 14, 2011
                    2244 Posts
                    Posted: February 5, 2011, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I'd dig. But for CASH or a CAR not for a freaking t-shirt, or cap . LOL

A win is a win. Ill take anything at this point you could sell the tickets if you dont want them Thumbs Up

Mass
                      United States
                      Member #68073
                      December 12, 2008
                      217 Posts
                      Posted: February 5, 2011, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

A win is a win. Ill take anything at this point you could sell the tickets if you dont want them Thumbs Up

That is actually true about selling them. There are ads on Boston Craigslist seeking them. One guy is paying $30 for 100 second chance tix! I would not consider buying losing tix to enter.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                        Denver, Co
                        United States
                        Member #103046
                        December 29, 2010
                        546 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2011, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I'll only go for the cash. Don't forget, if it's a non-cash prize such as a $25,000 car, Uncle Sam still wants several thousand in taxes since that car is considered income. Angry

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #102882
                          December 27, 2010
                          334 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2011, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Once I scratched a ticket in my car and thought I had a loser. But when I got home and looked at it again, I had a winner, I was so happy!

Los Angeles, California
                            United States
                            Member #103813
                            January 5, 2011
                            1530 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2011, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, its actually not that hard to make a mistake too, which explains why there are probably a few winners thrown in the trash from time to time.

Even though I take all my tickets home to scratch and carefully doublecheck them, a few times I have overlooked a winner! But luckily the 2nd chance Replay entry system checks that you definitely are only entering losing tickets. It throws up a big red warning notice if you try to enter a winning ticket, saying that either the number you entered is wrong, or you have a winner. Kind of like an online ticket scanner.

Now, I'm sure the Lotto commission is shedding no tears about these games being tricky to decipher. On the contrary, I'm sure they like to make it confusing and also teasing and addictive with the layout. If people throw away winners, better for the lotto. I don't like the complicated games that take a long time to decipher like Bingo or Crossword. Too much time and mess, and also prone to error unless you scan them.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #104435
                              January 14, 2011
                              2244 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2011, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

wow wow wow all I have to say is the 2nd chance drawing on Miami Heat and Orlando Magic is a scam !!!

I submitted 30 tickets for todays drawing and did not win a thing while I see that some other players won 5 TIMES EACH What? What? What?