Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Lottery sites

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by megamanX.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
megamanX's avatar - mega man_x_sprite-9629.jpg
Pocatello, Idaho
United States
Member #105619
February 3, 2011
59 Posts
Posted: February 13, 2011, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Nothing happened to Betslips, as far as I know.  I checked out the new site and was very happy with everything, including the vast selection of games, the price, the payment options, and the ability to get a scanned image of the purchased ticket.  When I evaluate a service, the most important factor is assurance that the ticket was purchased, and I don't think it gets better than that.

As for the comment earlier about them only taking Amex, I know that's just very wrong.  They have a lot of different payment options, which is another reason I like them.  They are easy to do business with.

So, if you're up for this kind of thing, or curious to see how it works, go to www.usamega.com, and click one of the colorful marketplace liks/blocks on the right.

The first order is totally free -- they refund the entire price back to you.  So I'm not sure what the risk is in trying.

P.S. Powerball is now over $100 million -- a great time to check it out.

I clicked on the usamega link on marketplace. The website has visa and mastercard logos on the bottom of the page but from my experience, I just signed up this weekend, the only credit card they take is American Express. I ended up having to borrow my mom's Amex card to set up the account.

Powerball is over $100 million but I like the canadian 6-49. it's $30 million for the lump sum and canada doesn't tax lotto winnings. Also the odds seem much better

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23274 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2011, 8:40 am - IP Logged

I clicked on the usamega link on marketplace. The website has visa and mastercard logos on the bottom of the page but from my experience, I just signed up this weekend, the only credit card they take is American Express. I ended up having to borrow my mom's Amex card to set up the account.

Powerball is over $100 million but I like the canadian 6-49. it's $30 million for the lump sum and canada doesn't tax lotto winnings. Also the odds seem much better

There are other payment options, like Neteller, Moneybookers, etc.  I have personally used MasterCard in the past, so maybe it was not working when you tried.  Anyone who wants to see what payment methods there are can go there.  I don't want to debate this here, it's kind of pointless.  The fact you can use a credit card at all is a good thing, plus there are other options.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49813 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2011, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed it's almost always a new member who asks about these types of sites.

And they never seem to return to participate in the Discussion that Ensues.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2011, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

the Ohio classic lotto is looking real good right now. I have a cousin living in Ohio, maybe I can get her to buy me some tickets. Anyone know if I have to pay the 6 percent Ohio state income tax if I win? Oh well, I probably won't have to worry about it, 14 million to one says I won't win.

If you do win, you will have to pay the state income tax on any money earned in Ohio plus you'll probably want to share your winnings with your cousin even if you sent her money to buy your tickets.  Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

megamanX's avatar - mega man_x_sprite-9629.jpg
          Pocatello, Idaho
          United States
          Member #105619
          February 3, 2011
          59 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2011, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

If you do win, you will have to pay the state income tax on any money earned in Ohio plus you'll probably want to share your winnings with your cousin even if you sent her money to buy your tickets.  Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

It turns out my cousin is out of the country on vacation. I clicked the marketplace link on usa mega in order to find an online ticket buying service which I used to purchase tickets for Saturday's draw. Unfortunately, I didn't win anything. I hope I have better luck with canada 6-49 this wednesday. Good luck on the Ohio Classic if you decide to play.