Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take a moment right now..

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
fayetteville tn
United States
Member #68983
January 3, 2009
1829 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2011, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm very fastidious about that (signing the ticket) because I left a ticket in the pocket of my red smoking jacket with the silk burgundy ascot one time and I swear one of the domestics must have siezed upon it.

I had to fire the whole staff, which saddened me to no end because I had grown quite fond of a few of them.

Pity really, because I found the ticket a few days later in my lavender smoking jacket with the silk aquatic scene ascot.

Oh well.

The ridge is back and in full gear! Welcome back!  Green laugh

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2011, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Hell if you win Tuesday just buy the company and I be a Bud man for life.

I drink Shiner (made in Tx), and occasionally Rahr's, made in Cowtown (Fort Worth, Tx). I like to support the local companies.

One of my ex- mothers in law gave me a shiner one time but it wasn't the kind you drink.

It happened when I told her that I get hungry every time I see her.

She said: "Why, because of my good down home cooking?"

I explained to her: "No, it's because you have so many double chins it looks like you're resting your head on a pile of pancakes and the back of your neck looks like a package of hot dogs."

That's when she gave me the shiner.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CrazyHazyYay!'s avatar - atlanta sports-teams-300x208.gif
      Born in the USA
      United States
      Member #108003
      March 19, 2011
      46 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2011, 12:18 am - IP Logged

One of my ex- mothers in law gave me a shiner one time but it wasn't the kind you drink.

It happened when I told her that I get hungry every time I see her.

She said: "Why, because of my good down home cooking?"

I explained to her: "No, it's because you have so many double chins it looks like you're resting your head on a pile of pancakes and the back of your neck looks like a package of hot dogs."

That's when she gave me the shiner.

What the...?!?! hahaha I don't even remember the topic of this thread anymore! Crazy

While the value of a dollar is substantial, hope is priceless. But if you ain't got a dollar, then it's hopeless.

joyjoy8's avatar - friends
        Houston Texas
        United States
        Member #371
        November 30, 2000
        587 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2011, 1:16 am - IP Logged

I'm very fastidious about that (signing the ticket) because I left a ticket in the pocket of my red smoking jacket with the silk burgundy ascot one time and I swear one of the domestics must have siezed upon it.

I had to fire the whole staff, which saddened me to no end because I had grown quite fond of a few of them.

Pity really, because I found the ticket a few days later in my lavender smoking jacket with the silk aquatic scene ascot.

Oh well.

That is so good!!! I wasn't having a good day, but this really made me smile.......Thank you

Joy                              Lovies

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:05 am - IP Logged

The ridge is back and in full gear! Welcome back!  Green laugh

Thanks pcurtis.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2011, 10:14 am - IP Logged

That is so good!!! I wasn't having a good day, but this really made me smile.......Thank you

Joy                              Lovies

You're welcome Joy.

Sometimes life should be less about how to survive the storm and more about how to dance in the rain.

rdgrnr   Lovies

--Edmund Burke