Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A little something for everyone here

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Delta Draw.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #75358
June 1, 2009
5345 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2011, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Poor Cointoss...lol

I bet you wish you never posted this....lol

This thread has gone from a simple post , to an elaborate form, leaving me clueless as to why anyone would really give 2 shcmidts concerning the debate over trivial obscurities, as If i have sleepless nights over the true source of the calendar.....ROFL    Green laugh

Who gives a (AHEM) ?......What??

Some of the flamers have nothing better to do....lol

?

Jester?

?

?

United States
    Member #81843
    October 31, 2009
    856 Posts
    Posted: March 29, 2011, 2:17 am - IP Logged

Well well DD it looks like you crawled out from under the rock you hide out under with whatever vermin you hang with.

Interesting how you cling to the term monkey mind since I brought it up.

Tell you what, because of your charming personality here's my wish for you, for the rest of your life, no matter what bet you make, what game you play, or what lotto ticket you buy, may you have as much luck as you believe in.

You're poxed.

No need to reply, I'm blocking you again and will never read anything from you.

AMF.

“may you have as much luck as you believe in.” I don’t believe in luck so that remark is like an oxymoron. I don’t need luck and especially not yours.

I don’t believe in the power of your witchcraft on me and by my beliefs, you just cursed yourself.

So who do you suppose has a bigger God? No worries here.Big Grin Angel

I am very glad to know that you were reading my posts and am flattered. This has to be the third time you banished me from your screen, monkey. Monkey cannot help but look.Bang Head

And that foo-koo is literal with the second part as ‘eye whipping’. So you were telling Raven, foo-koo in his eye violently? My how you get upset at rational minds! You pride yourself as in not having a monkey mind (ego) but look at you monkey! You proclaim luck and quick pics and slash the tires of anyone with a method of self picks. Now you suggest calendar mania in self picks. Monkey has gone ape****.P***ed

You have been had in a grand way.Mail For You  Call it a quest for understaning human nature (Dunnink-Kruger). Like you say these posts in discussion can be for entertainment because the games are all about entertainment. Thank you for the fun. It is priceless, monkey mind. You are a good payout to lottery winners and in gaming entertainment.Banana

Just look at the hits that this thread is getting! How about a new Monkey lottery maxim or a haiku for you to wind down?

BTW, when was the last time you got lucky?Blue Thinking Could the Vietnamese slang be a clue?

DD

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49753 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2011, 10:21 am - IP Logged

This is only true (re: the 5 thing) if you follow the chinese calandar.

on our calendar it happens pretty often (as many posters have shown you)

therefore, unless you live by the chinese calandar, its just another month ; )

If You Follow the Chinese Calendar: It can Never Happen!

Why You Ask: Because the Chinese Months are only 28 days or 30 days long!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49753 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2011, 10:33 am - IP Logged

As the original e-mail that I posted was based on Chinese Feng Shui it makes sense that it was based on the Chinese calendar.

The Megs Millions jackpot was pumped up and I was trying to spread a little luck.

Then rukiafae explained about it being based on the Chinese calendar, not ours.

I didn't know that, and obviously neither did a lot of others who went into flame mode, giving us all a history of how many months had five of the same days pf the week.

So, foo koo eye quat. That means roughly "ambush two tangerines" in Vietnamesse, but for now I'll stick with what it sounds like phoenetically.

4 Q 2

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2011, 11:52 am - IP Logged

A man noticed a farmer walking with three-legged pig on a leash. It looked very odd. He said, "Farmer, why are you walking a three-legged pig?"

"Why, stranger, this is no ordinary pig," the farmer replied. "One night our barn caught on fire, and before my wife and I even woke up, the pig had called the fire department, and herded all the other animals out of the barn. The next week, a burglar got into the house, and the pig had him tied up and the police were on their way before I even realized what had happened. Then just last week, I fell into the duck pond and was like to drown, except this pig jumped in and pulled me out. Like I say, this is no ordinary pig."

"Well, that truly is a remarkable pig. But tell me, how did he come to have only three legs?"

"Well", the farmer tells him, "A pig like that, you don't want to eat all at once."

That is hilarious!  Thank You,  I laugh hard,  long time,  this thread very happy! very lucky! I get hungry for vegetarian egg roll from china palace! Maybe I get a fortune cookie and I play PowerBall big money!

What do the hip quick pigs call their ladies????

Fine Swine!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10351 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Well nothing was directed at you, the foo  koo eye qyat was in general, as in no good deed, but since you think it was and want to go all Jersey on me (I grew up in Bayonne, Iselin, and Elizabeth) tell you what.

Look at your righ hand and starting with your thumb go pauper, pauper, king, pauper, pauper.

Then bend all your paupers down and have the king jump for joy.

Have a lucky day.

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49753 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2011, 11:23 am - IP Logged

4 Q 2

Note that [Q[2^(1/3)] : Q] = 3, because the minimal polynomial of 2^(1/3) [over Q]
              x^3 - 2 is irreducible over Q, and {1, 2^(1/3, 2^(2/3)} forms a Q-basis for Q[2^(1/3)].

Similarly, [Q[5^(1/4)] : Q] = 5.

Note we have the tower of fields
              .............Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)]
              ..Q[2^(1/3)]..............Q[5^(1,4)]
              ......................Q

So, we have
              [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]] * [Q[2^(1/3)] : Q]
              and [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[5^(1/4)]] * [Q[5^(1/4)] : Q]

Using the above information, we have
              [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = 3 * [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]],
              and [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = 4 * [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[5^(1/4)]]

Hence, 3 | [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q], and 4 | [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q]
              ==> 12 | [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q], since 3 and 4 are relatively prime.

In fact, [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = 12.

For instance, since
              [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = 3 * [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]],

we have that 12 | 3 * [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]]
              ==> 4 | [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]].

This is indeed 4, because 5^(1/4) satisfies the polynomial x^4 - 5, which has coefficients in Q[2^(1/3)]. So, [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]] = 4.

Hence, [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q[2^(1/3)]] = 4
              ==> [Q[2^(1/3), 5^(1/4)] : Q] = 3 * 4 = 12.

I hope this helps!

United States
                Member #81843
                October 31, 2009
                856 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2011, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Oh March was Rucky Month! April Fools come early!

Me Soo Rucky! Me love me long time!                         Me Soo happy!    ;)

;) ;)  :)  :) :)   

Sarah Palin runs Squeamish for presidency! April Fools!

Radiation is good for you! April Fools!

July 2011 very Rucky synchronicity! April Fools!

Feng Shui is cosmic Ruck! April Fools!

Foo-Koo means something else, like mandarin roady delight! April Fools!

Qu-ck pigs dance and sing! April fools!

Qu-ck picks lucky! April fools!

Chain letter very luck to pass along! April Fools!

CT promise not to look! April foos

Chinee calendar something else! April Foos! (Calendar was key word in yoke)

4 Q 2 mistaken for slang! April Foos!

Qu-ck picks very rucky for CT-son! April-April Fool! (bad luck last all year long!)

Monkey mind calm and rational!April Fool! (eats the peanuts out of my poo)

DD spoil punch line for redneck monkey-mind research scientist! April Fools!

Monkey-mind very Smart!April Fool!

Dunning-Kruger Month:April Fools! For some it is 24-7,  365!

DD

United States
                  Member #81843
                  October 31, 2009
                  856 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Hey Raven,

You smart dog,

When you won that big wad of cash with $14.00 worth of tickets, were they Quick picks?

DD

United States
                    Member #81843
                    October 31, 2009
                    856 Posts
                    Posted: March 31, 2011, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

The fundamental April Fool’s day joke:  A reference to two calendars.

Below is one of many articles on the origins of April Fools Day. The most prevalent origin is an annual prank that was played upon people when the Gregorian calendar replaced the Julian calendar ~1582. April 1, was the old Julian calendar New Year’s Day. Pranksters would visit friends April 1 to celebrate the new year in protest to the new, new year.

No Pity!Why so sad? Let’s put a smile on that face!Jester Laugh

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/aprilfools/origins.asp

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/April_Fool's_Day

“Superstition has it that the pranking period expires at noon on the 1st of April and any jokes attempted after that time will call bad luck onto the head of the perpetrator. Additionally, those who fail to respond with good humor to tricks played upon them are said to attract bad luck to themselves.”

Ouch! Bad luck CT! You might just make a believer out me yet! It was bad luck to not forward the message and bad luck to have egg-foo on your face instead of a happy meal inside! You hit a double! It was the classic underlying theme of April fools in the essence of an April Fools joke! There is some real intelligence behind this one. Who do you suppose stands to benefit from this costly prank? Who wins?

Do you remember the water shortage in 1981 and the Chinese Powdered Water April Fools Joke in the spring of ’82? Take one quart of water and add one package of Chinese Powdered Water and you now have to stand back for 10 quarts of water! Ching chang, ying yang yo-yo!

DD